Russ Smiths 18-foot jumper with 2

in Quasselecke 29.08.2018 09:50
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Russ Smiths 18-foot jumper with 2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins Jersey .2 seconds left gave No. 11 Louisville a 58-57 victory win over No. 7 Cincinnati on Saturday, the Cardinals sixth straight win and 10th in 11 games. Louisville (23-4, 12-2 American Athletic Conference) started the winning streak after a last-second 69-66 home loss to the Bearcats (24-4, 13-2) three weeks ago. Cincinnati fought back from a 10-point second-half deficit to take a 55-52 lead with 90 seconds remaining in the game. Freshman Troy Caupain made two free throws with 12 seconds left to give the Bearcats a 57-56 lead. Terry Rozier passed the ball to Smith, catching the notoriously stingy Cincinnati defence off guard and he made the jumper. The Cardinals tipped the inbounds pass, giving Cincinnati no opportunity to get off a shot before the buzzer sounded. Montrezl Harrell, who was just 5 of 12 from the free throw line, led the Cardinals with 21 points, Rozier had 11 and Smith finished with 10 on 3-of-10 shooting. Sean Kilpatrick had 28 points for the Bearcats, who had won 19 straight at home. Feeding off of the intensity of a sellout crowd at Fifth Third Arena, the game started fast-paced and physical in a matchup of two of the nations best defences. Louisville held Cincinnati to 6-of-31 shooting and the Bearcats limited Louisville to 8-of-30 shooting from the field in the first half. Louisville had held seven of its last 10 opponents to under 40 per cent shooting from the field, and continued that trend Saturday. Unlike in the teams first matchup in January, when Cincinnati shot 48.9 per cent, the Bearcats started 3 of 27 from the field. Louisville swarmed the Bearcats, intercepting passes, swatting away shots and forcing Cincinnati to rush its offence. Cincinnati missed 13 straight field goal attempts over an 8:25 scoring drought as the Cardinals built a 21-9 lead. Louisville found success by driving inside, outscoring the Bearcats 14-2 in the paint before halftime. But down 12 points with 4:41 left in the half, the Bearcats outscored Louisville 8-1 the rest of the way before halftime, capping the half with a jumper by Caupain to make it 22-19. On the Bearcats first possession of the second half, GeLawn Guyn hit a 3-pointer to tie the game. The Bearcats, fourth in the nation in scoring defence (57.4 points per game), held Louisville to just 22 first-half points. The output was the Cardinals second-lowest in a half this season, slightly higher than the 20 points they had in the first half of the teams first meeting on Jan. 30. Louisville found its touch in the second half, shooting 14 of 25 from the field and again building a 10-point lead. Cincinnatis shooting woes -- with the exception of Kilpatrick -- continued. Kilpatrick made 15 straight Cincinnati field goals in the second half, taking more than three times the number of field goal attempts (26) as any of his teammates. But Kilpatricks scoring was all Cincinnati needed. The Bearcats went ahead 52-51 on a free throw by Kilpatrick with 2:20 left. Louisvilles Luke Hancock finished with two points, fouling out with 1:40 left and his team down 52-51. Mangok Mathiang fouled out with 2:20 left and finished with four points. Kilpatrick entered the game needing 10 points to reach 2,000 for his career. Early in the second half, he reached the milestone on a drive to the basket, joining Oscar Robertson as the only players in school history to score over 2,000 points. Niles Paul Jersey . The Spanish champions decision not to sign a defender during the January transfer window may have backfired after Valencia took advantage of a lethargic, uninspired effort by its hosts at the Camp Nou, where former Spain coach Luis Aragones -- who previously coached the Catalan side -- was honoured after his death on Saturday. Ronnie Harrison Jaguars Jersey . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. http://www.authenticjaguarslockroom.com/Youth-Donte-Moncrief-Elite-Jersey/ . -- Theres been so much talk about Mike Moustakas at the plate that the third baseman ignored the conversation Wednesday -- even after doing something positive.Mark Hunter is leaving the junior-hockey empire he helped build with the London Knights to join an NHL empire with the Toronto Maple Leafs.Hunter was named the Maple Leafs director of player personnel on Tuesday. He will oversee the teams pro and amateur scouting and player-evaluation departments.For the past 14 years, the Petrolia, Ont., native co-owned the Knights of the Ontario Hockey League with brother Dale and served as vice-president and general manager. Mark Hunter briefly filled in as coach when his brother joined the Washington Capitals for the majority of the 2011-12 season.I felt it was a great opportunity for me to hopefully show my skills, Hunter said on a conference call from London. It was a difficult call to leave something like (London). But at the end of the day guys, its something that I wanted to do and it was a great opportunity for myself.The Knights won three OHL titles and a MasterCard Memorial Cup during the Hunter regime and turned out stars like Patrick Kane, John Tavares and Corey Perry. In the process, Mark earned a reputation as one of the sharper hockey minds at the junior level.Within the organization, Hunter said he would consider an NHL job if it came along. One person with the Knights said this was overdue to happen, and another called it one of the best decisions the Leafs could have made.Hunter, a veteran of 628 games as a player, coached the AHLs St. Johns Maple Leafs in 1996-97 and also spent some time behind the bench of the OHLs Sarnia Sting before buying the Knights. His true passion is in management.Evaluating the talent of players, the progression of them getting better, is so important to where they end up at the end of the day, Hunter said.Hunter, 51, said he met last week with Leafs president Brendan Shanahan (himself a Knights star before Dale and Mark took over) and general manager Dave Nonis to talk about hockey philosophy. Another meeting led to a job offer, which Hunter was glad to take in part because all four of his children are now out of the house.Its a good time in my life right now, its just the wife and myself — I can be gone more, I can do more things, I can travel more, Hunter said. Niles Paul Jaguars Jersey. I can be more involved with the Leafs.Hunter said hell spend the next 10 days helping new Knights GM Basil McRae get up to speed. McRae, a co-owner along with the Hunters, previously served as a pro scout for the Columbus Blue Jackets and the St. Louis Blues.After he helps McRae get going, Hunter said its going to be 100 per cent with the Leafs.The hiring of Hunter is Shanahans latest stamp on the Leafs organization. Since taking over in April, he fired assistant general managers Dave Poulin and Claude Loiselle, assistant coaches Dave Cronin, Scott Gordon and Dave Farrish and hired assistant GM Kyle Dubas, assistant to the GM Brandon Pridham and now Hunter.In the process, Toronto now has a hockey research and development department and a newfound focus on analytics. Hunter brings some experience there from the Knights.We always did analyze our own players, Hunter said. One of the things we always look at all the time is how many scoring chances per minute on the ice. Thats a big component for us. Yes, you want guys putting pucks in the net, you want some guys that have natural (ability), that dont need as many chances to score, but if youre not creating chances for somebody else or getting the chances yourself.As far as player evaluation, Hunter said he prefers skill over size.Its nice to have a skilled guy thats big and strong, but theyre harder to find, he said. If you can do both, I think you have something special. We had doubters on Pat Kane. If you guys wouldve seen him in minor midget, he was a little mouse, and now hes bloomed into one of the best players in the National Hockey League.You really have to evaluate where theyre going to go and how much theyre driven and how good their skills are. Thats the responsibility of the scouting staff of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and hopefully I can help that part out.---Follow @SWhyno on Twitter. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor