Lot of emotions this week with Tamika

in Quasselecke 28.08.2018 16:33
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

The LPGA Tour is spending the week on the Korean peninsula for the KEB Hana Bank Championship, and for a good portion of the field, this tournament will feel like home.There are 32 Korean players in the field of 78 that will tee it up at the SKY72 Golf and Resort in Incheon, South Korea. Twelve of those 78 are members of the KLPGA.Its no secret, of course, that Korean players have been a dominant force on the LPGA Tour over most of the past two decades. And that trend shows no sign of changing. Presently there are 34 Korean players on the LPGA Tour, 27 of whom have won a tournament.One of them is Se Ri Pak, who is bringing down the curtain on her Hall of Fame career this week. This tournament will be the last in a career that has seen Pak win 25 LPGA events (including five majors) and change the face of womens golf forever.It really hasnt hit me yet that Im sitting here ... announcing my retirement, she said. I know we have a couple more days to go here, and Im not even sure that its going to hit me once we get through this tournament. But Ive been thinking about retiring probably the last three years or so.American Lexi Thompson comes into the event as the defending champion after finishing 72 holes here a year ago at 15-under-par 273.Its always nice to come back to Korea and play in front of the amazing fans here, she said. and this golf course is in amazing shape for us again this year, so Im really looking forward to the week.The field this week is a strong one, with nine of the top 10 players in the world on hand. The only top-10 player missing is Olympic gold medalist Inbee Park of South Korea. But the five other Korean players in the top 10 are playing, including In Gee Chun (third), Sei Young Kim (sixth), Ha Na Jang (eighth), Sung Hyun Park (ninth), and Amy Yang (10th). World No. 1 Lydia Ko, who was born in Korea but now calls New Zealand home, is also on hand.The field also includes Jodi Ewart-Shadoff (England), Suzann Pettersen (Norway), and Americans Gerina Piller and Brittany Lang. Cheap Nike Chris Paul Basketball Shoes China . -- Peyton Manning will have all of his wide receivers available for the first time in a month when the Denver Broncos begin their playoff run Jan. Basketball Shoes Outlet . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. http://www.cheapbasketballshoesstore.net/?tag=cheap-nike-lebron-james-basketball-shoes-china . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Cheap Nike Paul George Basketball Shoes China . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Discount Basketball Shoes . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. NEW YORK -- Katie Smith is getting a chance to be a head coach for a game.The Libertys associate head coach will lead New York on Tuesday night against the Washington Mystics.Being an associate head coach has given me a taste of what its like to do it, but you have no comprehension of all the things that go through your head when youre in charge, she said. Its a learning experience.New York head coach Bill Laimbeer is happy to step aside and give Smith a chance.I should have got kicked out a couple games earlier, he said jokingly. Let her run a couple games. She wants to learn and its a natural progression. The hardest thing for me will be to keep my mouth shut.All kidding aside, Laimbeer was proud that the Liberty has been one of the organizations at the forefront of giving former players positions in the organization.Thats my belief. Thats our franchises belief. Get former players involved in the coaching ranks whether its in the WNBA or college, he said. You see our staff is former players and will continue to be such. Thats our giveback to former players.The league has had a handful of former players serve as head coaches in the league, including current ones Stephanie White, Sandy Brondello and Jenny Boucek. There will be at least two coaching vacancys next season in the league when Indianas White heads to Vanderbilt and San Antonios Dan Hughes retires.I really appreciate (Bill), hes always willing to let you learn, Smith said. Its something Ill be able to grow from and experience.The Liberty already have clinched the third seed in the postseason, so the game means nothing in the standings to them, while Washington would need a lot of help to still make the playoffs. New York also remained third in the AP Power Poll this week.---POWER POLL: Minnesota still No. 1, back to unanimous choice. A look at this weeks WNBA poll:1. Minnesota (26-5): With homecourt clinched throughout the playoffs, the Lynx can rest some of their veteran group in the final week.2. Los Angeles (24-8): The Sparks are backing into the playoffs having struuggled since the Olympic break with five losses in eight games.dddddddddddd3. New York (21-11): Liberty are looking for more consistency heading into playoffs.4. Atlanta (16-15): Angel McCoughtrys temper got the best of her as shes forced to sit out a game for accruing seventh technical foul .5. Indiana (16-15): Lot of emotions this week with Tamika Catchings playing her final regular-season home game on Sunday against Dallas.6. Chicago (16-15): Suffered a huge blow with Elena Delle Donne having thumb surgery on her injured right finger.7. Seattle (15-17): No one has been playing better than the Storm since the Olympic break with a 6-2 mark.8. Phoenix (14-17): One more victory or a loss by Washington gets Phoenix in the playoffs. A dangerous eight seed if they do make the postseason.9. Washington (12-19): Injuries have hampered the Mystics all season.10. Connecticut (11-20): Made a push for the postseason after the Olympics, but had too big a hole to climb out of.10. Dallas (11-21): Finally ended an 11-game winning streak. Lot of talent to build on for next season.12. San Antonio (6-25): Dan Hughes is retiring. So is Jayne Appel-Marinelli. The Stars would love to send them out with a win or two.---PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Breanna Stewart has done it all for the Seattle Storm in her rookie season. She has raised her game over the past week averaging 20 points, nine rebounds and 1.7 blocks to help the Storm win all three of their games. Others receiving votes included: Indianas Lynetta Kizer, Atlantas Angel McCoughtry and Minnesotas Maya Moore.---GAME OF THE WEEK: Dallas Wings at Indiana Fever, Sunday. Tamika Catchings has meant so much to the Fever and the city of Indianapolis. They will get a chance to say thank you in her final regular season game.---This version corrects day of Catchings final regular-season home game to Sunday, not Saturday.---Follow Doug on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/dougfeinberg Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor