Floyd said he sees

in Quasselecke 28.08.2018 10:35
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

Defenseman Derrick Pouliot snapped a 1-1 tie with his third goal of the season early in the third period and the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Edmonton Oilers 2-1 Thursday night for their third consecutive win.

Sam Gagner also scored for the Canucks Authentic Barkevious Mingo Jersey , who have won four of their past five games.

Connor McDavid scored for the Oilers, who have lost two in a row. Edmonton is 3-2-1 in its past six games.

Pouliot gave Vancouver the lead just 2 minutes into the third period. Nikolay Goldobin fed the Canucks defenseman a pass from along the boards. Pouliot skated in on Oilers goalie Cam Talbot, make a deke then scored his first goal in 42 games.

Leon Draisaitl had a chance to tie the game on an Oilers power play late in the third, but his shot hit the post. Ryan Strome’s slap shot also hit the post after a Canucks giveaway with just over two minutes remaining.

McDavid’s goal was his 41st of the season, giving him an NHL-leading 103 points, leaving him six ahead of Tampa Bay’s Nikita Kucherov. McDavid trails Washington’s Alex Ovechkin by four goals in the race for the Rocket Richard Trophy.

Vancouver goaltender Jacob Markstrom stopped 35 shots. He’s 4-0-0 in his past four starts. Talbot made 28 saves for the Oilers.

Markstrom kept the Canucks in the game with some big stops, including getting a pad on Milan Lucic’s shot in the first period.

”For me right now it’s just a carry-over from the feeling I had in the previous games,” Markstrom said. ”I just keep building on it.”

McDavid showed some of his magic on the game’s opening goal at 11:33 of the first period. After defenseman Andrej Sekera flipped a puck down the ice, McDavid showed his speed by skating around Gagner then muscled defenseman Michael Del Zotto off the puck. He scored on a shot that hit Markstrom’s blocker, went off the post, and into the net.

Gagner was also battling the flu Thursday.

”When you get stuck on the ice with him (McDavid) it’s not funny even when you are feeling 100 percent,” Gagner said. ”Obviously he’s special.”

The Oilers captain has 14 points (seven goals Authentic Howie Kendrick Jersey , seven assists) in his past six games.

Gagner earned some redemption by tying the game at 15:14 of the second. Daniel Sedin took a shot from the faceoff circle that Talbot stopped. Gagner, alone at the side of the net, put in the rebound for his third goal in four games.

”You never want to be a culprit on a goal-against,” Gagner said. ”It was a tough one there. I thought the guys battled back really well. It’s a nice feeling.”

Adam Gaudette, the former Northeastern University Husky who recently signed with Vancouver after leading the NCAA with 30 goals and 60 points, played his first NHL game. On his opening shift, he sent a sizzling shot just wide of the Oilers net.

NOTES: Gaudette is a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award as the best player in NCAA hockey. … Henrik Sedin’s opening shift of the game was the 30,000th of his career. … Brendan Gaunce returned to the Canucks lineup after missing 24 games with a foot injury. … With several Canucks down with the flu, Jake Virtanen was a late scratch. … The game’s first penalty came at 12:33 of the second period when Vancouver’s Darren Archibald was called for interference. … Al Montoya dressed as the Oilers backup goaltender after missing two games with an injury.

UP NEXT:

Oilers: Travel to Calgary on Saturday night.

Canucks: Host Columbus on Saturday.

Michael Floyd made it clear that he's looking for a fresh start to what's left of his once-promising NFL career.

So the St. Paul, Minnesota, native, who floundered with his hometown Vikings last season Cheap Rashaan Evans Jersey , is now working on the opposite end the Mississippi River, trying to show Sean Payton and Co. why the New Orleans Saints were right to give him a look.

"I think I still have a lot to offer. I'm only 28," the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Floyd said Thursday, after his second practice with the Saints on Thursday. "I don't think I'm too old."

Saints coach Sean Payton described the signing as relatively low risk this early in camp, when rosters are at 90 players and the club has about a month to evaluate players before trimming its roster to the regular season maximum of 53.

"I think I know what he can be," Payton said. "That's the cool thing about coaching, is when you get somebody and you feel like you can make a difference."

Receivers coach Curtis Johnson added that the Saints' style of offense "allows guys like him to be productive," whether it be blocking on the edge for the Saints' strong running game or rising up in the end zone for a Drew Brees fade pass.

"He's a very physical player. I thought he caught the ball well today," Johnson said. "So, his size and his speed can really help us."

Floyd was a prominent receiver for Arizona early in his career. He had 1,041 yards and five touchdowns receiving in 2013 and no fewer than 841 yards in each of the two seasons after that. But his production 鈥?and the arc of his career 鈥?dipped considerably in 2016 Alex Cappa Jersey Buccaneers , a season marred by a drunken driving arrest and late-season release from the Cardinals.

New England snapped him up en route to a Super Bowl triumph that season, but Floyd's contributions to the Patriots' success were limited at best. In two regular season games, he caught four passes, including a 14-yard TD. He had one catch in New England's playoff opener 鈥攚hen he also had an interception bounce off his hands 鈥?and was scratched for the AFC title game and Super Bowl.

Last season, Floyd played in 11 games for the Vikings after serving a four-game suspension by the NFL for using a banned substance. He finished the regular season with only 10 catches for 78 yards.

In free agency, Floyd was not heavily sought after. He had a tryout with Baltimore but remained unsigned when training camps opened. He signed this week with New Orleans, which was looking to add receivers because of injuries to three young players at that position.

A handful of other teams had offered tryouts, but Floyd and his agent, Brian Murphy of Athletes First, decided to be selective about accepting such invitations.

"What we learned last year in Minnesota is that what appears to be good fit on the surface might not necessarily end up being ideal, and it's nobody's fault," Murphy told The Associated Press by phone. "We were very careful this year to pinpoint teams where we were confident Michael would have an opportunity to contribute."

Floyd said it was important to him to join a team with players he knew. The Saints roster includes linebacker Manti Teo David Dahl Colorado Rockies Jersey , Floyd's former college teammate at Notre Dame. Floyd also was already acquainted with Saints running back Shane Vereen and right tackle Ryan Ramczyk, who also are represented by Athletes First.

"There's a lot of things that come into play when you're choosing to be on a team," Floyd said. "I chose Minnesota last year just because I know a whole bunch of guys on the team and I knew what they're about. And playing with (Vikings tight end) Kyle Rudolph in college, it's something that I think, in my life, that I wanted to be around guys that were close to me."

Why didn't his stint with the Vikings work out? It appeared Floyd preferred not to express any opinion about that when he smiled wryly and said, "I have no idea."

In New Orleans, Floyd said he sees "a great team, a great coach and guys that I've been knowing for a decade. It's always good to go on a team and have guys that you already know. It makes a lot of things more smooth."

Floyd also alluded to what he hopes will be a blossoming relationship with the prolific Brees.

"Having a (projected) Hall of Fame quarterback throwing you the ball 鈥?I think that makes a big difference," Floyd said.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor