The Edmonton Eskimos finished 2013 in the West Division basement with a 4-14 record

in Quasselecke 25.08.2018 09:07
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

The Edmonton Eskimos finished 2013 in the West Division basement with a 4-14 record, missing out on the playoffs before firing head coach Kavis Reed. Jordan Mickey Jersey . The team is no doubt staring at a rebuild in the coming months, the kind made necessary only by the type of calamitous season fans in the City of Champions had to endure. But it wasnt a total waste. From their dreadful 2013 season emerged what appears to be their answer at QB. Mike Reilly looks the part of a franchise player at the position, ready to fill the void left when Ricky Ray was shipped East in a puzzling trade with the Toronto Argonauts two off-seasons ago. The Esks are set at the most important position on the roster and thats half the battle. Whats left – and what GM Ed Hervey needs to spend the off-season accomplishing – is building a team around Reilly. Theyve got their head coach in place in former Toronto Argonauts defensive coordinator Chris Jones, now they have to fill the various other holes on their team. There is some talent on offence, largely in the receiving corps. Pairing a healthy Cary Koch with Fred Stamps and Adarius Bowman is a good start, while Nate Coehoorn and Shamawd Chambers offer some non-import talent. The running game however, could use some work. Edmontons running back depth chart was ever-evolving this past season and while that was in part due to injury, no-one was capable of taking the reins fulltime. Hervey has a decision to make on pending free agent Hugh Charles, the teams top gaining running back, although Reilly led the team in rushing from his QB position. On the other side of the ball, Edmonton is looking to repair a defence that gave up the second most points in the league and featured just one division all-star in DT Almondo Sewell. A bright young defensive mind highly thought of in the CFL, will Jones at head coach alone be enough to turn around Edmontons poruous defensive unit? The Rouge asks: How do the Eskimos best compliment Reilly for 2014 and beyond? As always, its Your! Call. Bam Adebayo Jersey . -- The Detroit Lions made it crystal clear to Golden Tate that he was their top target in free agency. Derrick Walton Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. The latest from Bob As tweeted by TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie on Monday, the Columbus Blue Jackets need to resolve their offseason plans with forward R. http://www.cheapheatjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-glen-rice-jersey . Of course that doesnt mean hes ignoring it. Thats actually rather impossible given the behind-the-scenes access to the Toronto Maple Leafs the network is getting. KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Andy Dirks and Omar Infante were the five-hit stars for the Detroit Tigers on Friday night. Infante set career highs with five hits and six RBIs, Dirks also went 5 for 5 and the Tigers pounded the Kansas City Royals 16-2. "I dont know how many times it happened, two guys with five hits in the same game," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. "Its just one of those games, a freak game." Austin Jackson drove in four runs as the Tigers finished with a season-high 26 hits. Dirks, who is hitting .410 against Kansas City this season, scored four times. "The hits just fell tonight," Dirks said. "Thats baseball. When I hit it, it just went in the holes." The Tigers rout came after they were clubbed 20-4 at Boston in their previous game. "I dont even remember that game," Dirks said. "In baseball if you win a game by one run or 20 runs, it only counts as one game." But Dirks, who went to Wichita State, wont forget this one. Dirks parents were at the game. "That was nice," he said. Infante had run-scoring singles in the second, fourth and seventh innings and a three-run double in the fifth. It was more than enough support for Anibal Sanchez (13-7), who allowed one run in seven innings while lowering his AL-best ERA to 2.61. "Sanchez, in my opinion, shut their offence down and that was the key to the game," Leyland said. Sparked by the return of Miguel Cabrera, every Detroit starter had a hit and scored a run in the first five innings. The Tigers sent 10 men to the plate in the second and fourth, scoring five times in each frame. Cabrera, who did not play in four of the previous five games because of an abdominal strain, went 1 for 2 with an RBI and walked twice before being replaced by Danny Worth in the sixth inning. "I wanted to get him out an inning earlier, but he wanted one more at-bat," Leyland said. "So I let hit him again and got him out of there, but we ended up getting a llot of guys out there to give them a little blow. Cheap NBA Jerseys. That worked out good." Much of Detroits onslaught came against James Shields, who was knocked out in the fourth inning in one of the worst starts of his career. "I actually went back and looked at the video, and a lot of my pitches they were hitting were below the strike zone," Shields said. "Thats a good hitting team over there, and I didnt do my job tonight. Youve got to move forward, but it was a terrible job by me." Jackson had a two-run double in the second and a two-run single in the fourth. The four RBIs matched his career high. Shields (10-9), who was 4-0 in his previous five starts, was charged with 10 runs and 14 hits in 3 2-3 innings in his shortest start of the season. The runs and hits matched career-worst totals for the right-hander. The last team to collect 14 hits against Shields was the Tigers on June 28, 2012, in 7 2-3 innings. Billy Butler drove in the first Royals run with a single in the first for his sixth straight hit. David Lough doubled and scored on Jarrod Dysons sacrifice fly in the ninth for the other Kansas City run. "A loss is a loss," said Alex Gordon, who doubled in the first. "Thats the way youve got to look at it. Turn the page." NOTES: Royals C Salvador Perez was cleared to play after experiencing dizziness Thursday and leaving in the fifth inning after taking a foul tip off the mask. Perez, who was on the concussion list in August, switched to a new mask. "Were going to scoot him up under the hitters a little closer, see if maybe he can dodge some foul balls that way," Royals manager Ned Yost said. ... SS Jose Iglesias was held out of the Tigers lineup after leaving in the fifth Wednesday with shin splints. ... Yost said 2B Chris Getz has not been cleared to return after suffering a possible concussion Tuesday. ... RHP Justin Verlander, who starts Saturday, is 0-2 with a 2.60 ERA in four 2012 starts against the Royals. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor