except his competitors

in Quasselecke 25.08.2018 04:15
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

Owning the last pick in the first round of the NFL draft is a spot the Philadelphia Eagles want more often because it goes to the Super Bowl champions.

"That's the goal Authentic Jeff Locke Jersey ," Eagles vice president of player personnel Joe Douglas said.

With no picks in the second or third round, Philadelphia could trade down and add an extra pick or two.

"We're open for business in every round," said Howie Roseman, the executive VP of football operations.

Roseman is known for making moves. He's one of the most aggressive executives in the league. It's an organizational philosophy that's also reflected by coach Doug Pederson's playcalling.

"From our perspective, we're going to keep swinging," Roseman said. "That starts with (owner) Jeffrey (Lurie). Coach Pederson showed that from a coaching perspective. We're going to keep swinging. When we're wrong, we're going to study why we're wrong, and we're going to get back up to the plate and we're not going to take that called third strike."

The Eagles enter the draft with only six picks. After the first round, they'll wait until No. 130 in the fourth round. They have another fourth-round pick at No. 132 and picks in the fifth, sixth and seventh.

Here's some things to know about the Eagles heading into the draft:

HOT SPOT

Philadelphia bolstered its defensive line by adding three-time Pro Bowl DE Michael Bennett and five-time Pro Bowl DT Haloti Ngata in the offseason. Both players along with DEs Brandon Graham and Chris Long are entering the final season of their contracts so a defensive lineman in the first round is a strong possibility. Ohio State DE Sam Hubbard and Michigan DT Maurice Hurst could be nice fits.

HOT SPOT NO. 2

RB LeGarrette Blount left in free agency and Jay Ajayi is entering the final season of his rookie contract. Even if veteran Darren Sproles returns for another season, the Eagles could choose a running back in the first round. The team hasn't selected a back in the first round since Keith Byars in 1986, but the draft is loaded at this position. LSU's Derrius Guice and Georgia's Sony Michel are possibilities at No. 32.

BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

Many personnel guys around the league insist they will pick the best player available when their team is on the clock. The Eagles are in the enviable position of being able to carry out that plan 鈥?unless the best player at No. 32 is a quarterback. They have Carson Wentz Cheap Kemoko Turay Jersey , Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles and Nate Sudfeld. But if they stay put, the 32nd pick could be a player at any other position.

GETTING ALONG

One of the main reasons why the Eagles won the Super Bowl last season was unselfishness. Players bought into a team-first mentality, put personal goals aside and formed a strong bond. Chemistry is such a big deal for Philadelphia that the scouting department invests time and resources into making sure potential draft picks would fit in.

"I think that's one of the conversations that we probably have the most," Roseman said. "Background is really important. We've had some guys who've come here, who've maybe had a (bad) reputation and fit really well, and there's also the flip side of that. So you try to balance all of those and really rely on Coach Pederson and his leadership council and the ownership he gives them."

HITS, MISSES AND BARGAINS

Wentz at No. 2 overall in 2016 is possibly the best pick in franchise history. Other hits over the past five drafts: RT Lane Johnson (No. 4 overall, 2013) and TE Zach Ertz (second round, 2013). Recent misses in the early rounds: LB Marcus Smith (No. 26 overall, 2014) and CB Eric Rowe (second round, 2015). Some of the best bargains were: CB Jalen Mills (seventh round, 2016) and OT Halapoulivaati Vaitai (fifth round Nate Solder Jersey Giants , 2016).

AP NFL website: pro32.ap.org and AP_NFL

Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: s://AP_RobMaaddi

The first time Michael Porter Jr. actually talked to anyone from the Denver Nuggets was Thursday at the NBA draft. He didn’t think there was any need, and neither did the Nuggets.

The fact that he was available at No. 14 surprised both parties, regardless of Porter’s well-documented back and recent hip issues.

The oft-injured forward thinks he shook hands with someone from the Nuggets after his pro day workout. He said the first time he spoke to someone from the organization was when he was drafted, either the general manager or the owner -he’s not sure who it was.

Still, he made enough of an impression for the Nuggets brain trust to make him the last lottery pick selected on Thursday night.

“I’m not going to lie to you, I was stressed out,” Porter said. “All that stress was overcome by joy the moment I got called, no matter what number it was. It’s been my dream since I was a kid.

“At the end of the day, the draft is a number and I wasn’t going to let an ego get in the way of my joy. I’m happy to be where I’m at and I feel like it’s the perfection situation for me.”

Albeit an unexpected situation.

Everything Porter knew about the Nuggets was hearsay – “a great city, a great organization.” He didn’t invest much of his time prior to the draft getting to know the team.

“Honestly, the teams at the very, very top of the draft told me last week I was their guy Authentic Customized Bengals Jerseys , they were going to take me,” Porter said. “Then the hip episode happened, and then doctors got involved and they got score. So once one team gets scared, a lot of them get scared.”

That’s how he dropped.

Porter also had the back history as a red flag. He played only three games at Missouri, 53 minutes total. He sustained a back injury and had to undergo surgery. Then, the hip happened during the draft process and he cancelled a recent workout.

Knowing some teams considered him a gamble, maybe even a risk, Porter just wanted to go somewhere that believed in him, which is apparently Denver.

“I consider it a blessing,” Porter said, “because maybe the team I was going to go to at the top wasn’t the right team for me.”

Right or wrong, it will cost him. Porter is guaranteed $2.4 million. First-pick Deandre Ayton will get at least $6.7 million.

Many fans at Barclays Center wanted Porter to go earlier Dolphins Elite Jerseys , specifically ninth. As soon as the New York Knicks were on the clock, chants of Porter’s name broke out. Porter looked over to a crowd of fans on his left and smiled.

Both parties were disappointed when Commissioner Adam Silver announced Kevin Knox’s name instead.

“That’s just motivation,” Knox said. “A lot of people want him to get to the Knicks, but I mean, it’s all good with me. . They can chant Michael Porter all they want. But they got Kevin Knox, and I’m willing to work and I’m willing to get better.”

And Porter is going to do the same – for the Nuggets.

Porter can’t wait to prove every team that passed on him wrong. He’s not concerned about his health. And he plans to show that no one else should be worried either.

Well, except his competitors.

“For me, we’re all in the NBA now,” Porter said. “We’ll see who are the best players, and we’ll see who should have been the top draft picks.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor