The Dallas Mavericks and New York Knicks hooked up for a deal involving six players and a couple of draft picks.

in Quasselecke 24.08.2018 08:31
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

The Dallas Mavericks and New York Knicks hooked up for a deal involving six players and a couple of draft picks. DeMario Davis Jersey . Numbers Game breaks down the deal sending Tyson Chandler back to Dallas. The Mavericks Get: C Tyson Chandler and PG Raymond Felton. Chandler, 31, returns to Dallas, where he was a critical part of their 2011 NBA Championship squad, and gives the Mavericks a more formidable presence in the paint. Chandler is not particularly durable, having missed 65 games over three seasons in New York and there are signs that his game is declining -- his .593 field goal percentage and 16.48 Player Efficiency Rating last season were his lowest since 2009-2010 and his estimated points allowed per possession was his highest since 2008-2009. Those statistical declines could be a reflection of Chandlers unimpressive supporting cast in New York, or it could be an indication of a 31-year-old centre who missed 20 games with a broken leg last season, but Chandler had more productive years in the previous two seasons with the Knicks. He was the Defensive Player of the Year in 2011-2012 and made the All-Defensive First Team in 2012-2013. The Mavericks need Chandler to stay healthy -- the only time in the past six years that he played more than 67 games in a season was his season in Dallas (2010-2011) -- and provide the same sound defensive presence for which hes been known, at least prior to 2013-2014. Chandler is entering the final year of his contract and it pays him nearly $14.6-million. Thats pretty good motivation to have a strong year, either to get an extension from the Mavs or hit the open market next summer. Felton is a 29-year-old point guard who has had ups and downs in his career, and is currently at a low point, having scored a career-low 9.7 points per game while shooting 39.5% from the field, his lowest since 2006-2007, last season. His 12.90 PER last season was the worst of his nine-year NBA career. Earlier in his career, Felton was a durable player, but hes missed 53 games over the past three seasons. Questionable conditioning has likely contributed to his increasing rate of injuries. On top of his poor performance on the court, Felton recently reached an agreement to a plea deal on a gun possession charge, so its probably best for him to get a fresh start somewhere else. Feltons not a strong defender, lacking the lateral quickness to handle other point guards, but if he gets in shape, he can be a contributor. As it stands now, the Mavericks are looking at a backcourt that includes veteran Monta Ellis and 2013 second-round pick Ricky Ledo. There are surely more moves to make, but there are minutes available, if Felton is up to the challenge. This season, Felton will earn $4.36-million on his contract, then has a player option for $4.54-million the following season; not unreasonable money if he bounces back from his down season. The Knicks Get: PG Jose Calderon, C Samuel Dalembert, PG Shane Larkin, SG Wayne Ellington and two second-round picks. Calderon, 32, didnt have a great season in Dallas. He struggled defensively, which is pretty standard, but his shooting wasnt as effective as it had been in previous years and Calderon couldnt get to the basket, earning less than one free-throw attempt per game. While Calderon did shoot a career-best 44.9% from beyond the arc, he shot 45.6% from the floor and attempted more threes (425) than twos (323) for the first time in his career. That may be a function of his role in the Mavericks offence, but it also is a reflection that Calderon wasnt getting any shots near the rim. Signed for three more years, at around $22.2-million, Calderon is a decent point guard option for the Knicks -- its not like replacing Felton is an impossible task -- but his defence is already poor and is only going to get worse as he approaches his mid-30s. If his offence is reverting to spot-up threes only, well, thats going to limit Calderons value. Since they didnt have many options, 33-year-old Dalembert started 68 games for the Mavericks last season. Hes an effective rebounder and shot blocker, who has had an above-average PER in four of the past five seasons. He has limited touches offensively, but shot a career-best 56.8% from the field last season and grabbed 6.8 rebounds with 1.2 blockes per game, while playing a little over 20 minutes a night. For all those attributes, which at least suggest that he can be useful in a reserve role, Dalembert could still be looking for a new team next season. The Knicks hold a team option, at under $3.9-million, for next season. Given what they have currently, the Knicks would have room to fit Dalembert in their rotation, but free agent options could be more appealing. The 18th pick in last years draft, 21-year-old Shane Larkin didnt play a lot as a rookie, averaging a little over 10 minutes per game in the 48 games that he played. Hes on the small side, at 5-foot-11, but has quickness and at least in college, at the University of Miami, he could shoot a bit (40.6% on threes as a sophomore). Will he be able to defend enough to play a big role in the NBA? While Larkin may not provide immediate value, he can continue to develop behind Calderon, ideally taking over as the starter at some point in the next couple seasons. 26-year-old Wayne Ellington has bounced around a bit since he was a late first-round pick by Minnesota in 2009. The Knicks will be Ellingtons fourth franchise in the past two years, and he scored a career-low 3.2 points per game as a spare part for the Mavericks last season. Ellington can shoot, 38.6% on threes for his career, but doesnt do enough otherwise to hold down a spot in the rotation. He is going into the final year of a contract that will pay him $2.5-million this season. The Knicks also get picks 34 and 51 in Thursdays draft. Over the past five years, picks in the 30-35 range have yielded an NBA rotation player 20.0% of the time, while picks from 50-60 have resulted in an NBA have provided an NBA rotation player 8.0% of the time. Its easy to see the appeal to this deal for the Mavericks, as Chandler gives them an immediate upgrade, without a long-term commitment. They have some backcourt issues to sort out but, after pushing San Antonio to seven games in the first round of the playoffs, there is some justification to believe that they can get into the title mix next season. For the Knicks, they could have a better point guard situation, both immediately and long-term and the hope is that Larkin can ultimately provide value. If not, there wont be much to gain. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Marcus Davenport Jersey .com) - The Carolina Hurricanes hope to remain perfect at home in January on Friday night as they welcome the Vancouver Canucks to PNC Arena. Rick Leonard Jersey . The punch happened in the fourth quarter of Milwaukees 116-102 loss to the Kings on Wednesday when the two players became entangled while battling for rebounding position. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/Elite-Kurt-Coleman-Saints-Jersey/ .A. Happ? Happs seven wins are second on the staff to Mark Buehrles 10. Win-loss record is an antiquated stat, sure, but win total is generally an indication of a pitchers ability to work deep into games, enough to be personally affected by the result.MONTREAL -- Quarterback legend Anthony Calvillo says he is leaning toward retiring. The Canadian Football Leagues all-time passing leader said he has not made a final decision, but he will discuss his future with Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall on the weekend. It is highly possible his 20-year career is over. "Im favouring retiring, thats for sure," Calvillo said Monday as the Alouettes went through the season-ending ritual of cleaning out their lockers after their 19-16 overtime loss to Hamilton in the East semifinal. "Thats the way Ive been looking at things." The 41-year-old has not played since August when he suffered a concussion after a routine hit in the backfield in a game against Saskatchewan. He said the concussion symptoms, mainly a feeling of pressure in his head, have still not gone away completely. "The fact that the concussion has kept me off the field for so many weeks is concerning, but the biggest thing is that Im still not 100 per cent," he said. "Thats what bugs me the most. "Now that (the season) is over, I want to step away from football and make sure I really and truly make the right decision, but I am favouring not playing." Calvillo has been making the decision on whether to continue from year to year in recent seasons after consulting with his family and Wetenhall. This year it is tougher, because he wants to keep playing but has a strong feeling that he probably shouldnt. "Of course I want to play, but physically can I keep doing it?" he said. " Thats what I have to ask myself. "The scary part is that feel Im not fully healed yet from all the symptoms and I know my threshold has gone downn for taking a hit. TreQuan Smith Saints Jersey. Ive learned a lot more about concussions and thats what scares me the most because it wasnt a hard hit. Its a hit Ive taken many times before." If he retires, he is looking at going into coaching, but he also wants at least one summer off to spend with his family. And if he coaches, the Los Angeles native wants it to be in Montreal. "This is my home, this is where I want to be, this is where I want to raise my kids," he said. "So my first objective is to get healthy and try to stay here in Montreal." He said the desire to coach grew this season when he was unable to play but spent time in team meetings and talking to teammates in the locker-room. He watched three quartrerbacks prospects, Josh Neiswander, Tanner Marsh and Troy Smith, take turns being the starter. Smith, the 2006 Heisman Trophy winner, looks poised to take over next season if Calvillo opts to retire. "I was trying to help out as much as I can while I was hurt and that excited me being there to help an individual grow up and be a success," Calvillo said. "So coaching has definitely gone higher up in my list." Calvillo broke into the CFL with the defunct Las Vegas Posse and then spent three seasons with Hamilton before joining the Alouettes as Tracy Hams understudy in 1998. He took over as the starter in 2000. The five-time CFL all-star won three Grey Cups and was named the CFLs Outstanding player three times. He holds league records of 79,816 passing yards, 455 touchdown passes, 5,892 completions and 9,437 pass attempts. He also holds the single game completions mark with 44, and leads in career Grey Cup passing yards with 2,470. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor