lock and chases Elliott down at the 24, divi

in Quasselecke 23.08.2018 13:29
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

WWE is in the middle of a womens revolution. Gone are the days when women, or divas, are seen as beautiful objects competing in lingerie or gravy bowl matches.Taking a cue from the UFC, WWE is finally putting its women on the same level as its men, with three leading the way: Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch. Each of them took distinctive paths to break the glass ceiling for a new generation of fans.For a long time, women in the WWE were not the main attraction and werent treated the same way as men. And despite a number of entertainment platforms -- five hours of live Raw and SmackDown TV per week, monthly pay-per-view events and a developmental league that blossomed into a third brand (NXT) -- the WWEs womens division was struggling to be more than an afterthought.Of course there have been legendary female competitors, such as Trish Stratus and Lita. But in between their moments of storytelling, there were bra and panties matches and bikini contents, or they were simply paraded as a wrestlers valet -- all of which did nothing to advance female characters.But thats changing.In 2013, Paige and Emma competed to be crowned the first NXT womens champion, and momentum built from there. The women of NXT were given a bigger spotlight, which included a deeper roster, more time to compete and engaging story lines. Fans noticed and reacted with praise.While women like Charlotte, Sasha and Becky became central characters on NXT, Raw and SmackDown stagnated. Women on the main rosters were only competing in two-minute, meaningless matches. Fans started the #GiveDivasaChance campaign after a 30-second match on Raw in early 2015. The hashtag trended worldwide for 24 hours, and even WWE kingpin Vince McMahon acknowledged it, promising a change.WWE began rebooting its womens division by putting its best female performers from NXT on the main show. The biggest milestone came at this years WrestleMania, WWEs flagship show. There, Charlotte, Sasha and Becky competed in a triple-threat match, trying to become the first WWE womens champion, a newly devised title that looks identical to the mens championship title. They also stopped referring to the women as divas.On Oct. 30, there will be the first womens main event match on pay-per-view, which is also the first womens Hell in a Cell match between Charlotte and Sasha.In their own words, Charlotte, Sasha and Becky discuss how they got into professional wrestling, their thoughts on the women before them and how it feels to be at the forefront of the biggest, most positive impact ever seen in womens wrestling.Charlotte FlairDaughter of legendary pro wrestler, Ric Flair, Ashley Fliehr, 30, has been wrestling for only four years. Shes a two-time Raw Womens Champion and is on track for a legendary career. Just like her dad.My dad was my favorite wrestler growing up, obviously. I was always around wrestling, I went to shows, but I never pictured myself where I am today.My brothers, David and Reid, were more into wrestling. When they wrestled, it was hard on my brothers because they were always compared to my dad.Four years ago I decided, OK, Im going to wrestle. I was at the WWE Hall of Fame for the Four Horsemen in Miami, and John Laurinaitis [WWE vice president of talent relations] was at dinner with my family and he asked me, Why arent you doing this? I told him, I never thought about it. My little brother, Reid, was like, Oh my god! We can do it together! I was personal training at the time, so I thought, Ill give it a shot.I dont know how Reid convinced me. Even when I was driving to Tampa with the U-Haul packed, I thought, What am I doing?! I never wanted to be a wrestler. When I got there though, the wrestling -- the physical part -- was super easy. Ive played sports, and Ive been a tomboy my whole life. But I didnt have a goal.After my brother Reid passed away in 2013, I realized this was what I was meant to do. And I just got better.Out of all of the sports Ive played, I felt like this is where I belong.The four of us -- Sasha, Becky, Bayley and myself -- we werent saying, Lets change womens wrestling. It happened organically.The more comfortable I got, and the more developed all of our characters became, the more serious we became, and we got more time. I remember thinking, Oh my gosh, were doing this! They were giving us 20-minute matches and people were saying were stealing the show.The hard part for me was not the wrestling -- it was showing emotion, telling a story and being able to connect with fans. Coming out as Ric Flairs daughter and being called athletically gifted, its hard to say, Hey, like me! You can relate to me! It wasnt working, so I completely switched my character. I find it easier to pretend to be the person everyone already thinks I am versus being who I am.Sasha BanksMercedes Kaestner-Varnado, 24, has dreamed of being a pro wrestler since she was 12. By incorporating elements of her real life (her cousin is Snoop Dogg), Banks created a fan-favorite persona of The Boss -- a flashy, confident woman with shutter shades and marketable jewelry. Shes currently the Raw womens champion.I remember watching wrestling when I was really young with my dad, but I never really understood what it was. One night, when I was 10, I was clicking through the channels and I saw wrestling. I thought, What is this? This is interesting.My mom walked into the room and said, This is no good. You need to turn it off. I turned it off and went into my mothers room, and I continued watching. Every single week, I was so entertained. As a kid, I had so many dreams: I wanted to be a firefighter and a hair stylist, but the first wrestler I ever saw was Eddie Guerrero, and then I was instantly hooked. I only wanted to be in WWE.I dont know if it was the entertainment or the sports aspect, there was just something that made my heart so happy. Every week, watching those two hours of wrestling were just the happiest of my life. There was never a moment where I wasnt thinking about wrestling.It was so frustrating for me to see amazing women in WWE do what the guys would do, and then the next week they would be in a bra and panties match. Growing up, that wasnt what I wanted to do. I watched a lot of Japanese womens wrestling, so I knew what women could do in the ring. I knew we could be just like the guys.Once I turned 18, my mom got a job in Boston, and there was a school I had researched when I was 12 -- Chaotic Wrestling. They had a camp, and whoever impressed the coaches the most would get three months free training. I remember walking in, and I was the only girl. I was expecting these guys to look like John Cena, but they were all teenage boys. I thought, Yeah, I got this in the bag! I got the three months of free training, and thats how I started my journey.I started training when I was 18, got signed at 20 from one tryout. Who does that?We say things like womens wrestling and womens revolution. I hope one day its not a good womens match. I dont want the womens wrestling part. I just want to be equal to my partners. Why cant we be treated equal?I think once we get a womens main event at a pay-per-view and you drop womens wrestling, that will prove we are on the same level. A couple of years ago we were seen as the popcorn match or the bathroom break for the fans, and thats not the case anymore.I want to be the main event at WrestleMania. I feel if thats not in my lifetime, I know that Im helping build the foundation for the next generation of women to do that.Becky LynchDublin-native Rebecca Quin, 29, was a pro wrestler for four years and found moderate success until 2006, when she suddenly quit. For seven years, she took odd jobs such as teaching English as a foreign language, personal training, being a Hollywood stuntwoman and attending clown school. In 2013, she decided to restart her wrestling training. She is currently the first SmackDown womens champion.When I was a little kid, I used to watch with my brother when there was Macho Man and Hulk Hogan. But then I fell out of it for a few years.My brother started watching it again, and I would insult him every time by saying its for kids. But any time Mick Foley would come on, I wanted to see what he would say. I was so drawn to him. So then it became, OK, just let me know when Mick Foley is on. And then I saw Lita, and I was like, Whoa, she is cool! She was someone I could relate to.When I started wrestling, I started only to get in shape. I found out that a wrestling school had opened in Ireland, and I wanted to go because I was hanging out with the wrong crowd and I wanted to turn my life around. It seemed so far out of the realm of possibilities of things that I could do. It wasnt even a dream.When I was younger, I didnt want to come to WWE because I didnt fit into the mold. I couldnt identify myself with the term diva. The divas brand was meant to put a spotlight on the women, but the term to me felt more glamorous than me.I quit wrestling in 2006 because I just got lost. My mom didnt want me wrestling, I was wondering if I was going to make it in wrestling, I got injured in a match, I was 19, I was away from home, living in Florida and I just got lost. I couldnt face it, so I stepped away. It was like a death for me, and that is not an exaggeration. I struggled for years to find what I wanted to do.I was away for seven years. I always kept journals, and its crazy to go back and read these journals because it seemed like I had unfinished business. I always felt like it was something I was meant to do, but I just didnt know how to get back in. So I ended up just trying to do something to fill the void.Coming back, I always stayed in touch with Finn Balor. I remember having lunch with him one time on this little bench in Dublin, and I was like, Will I come back? Wont I come back? And he goes, Would you just go back now? Because if you dont youre going to be sitting here with me in 10 years wishing that you had gone back, and its going to be too late.And he was so right. Everything before that moment was me trying to put a circle into a square hole and there, it was like, this is what I was meant to do.I want to main event WrestleMania. I feel like if you dont go in with big ambitions or a big vision, youre half lost. You need something to aim for, and the scarier it is, the better it is. Just because its not the norm doesnt mean that it will stay that way. The world is constantly changing and evolving, and so is WWE! Maillot Eden Hazard Pas Cher . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Maillot Dedryck Boyata . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. http://www.maillotbelgiqueexterieur.com/maillot-romelu-lukaku.html .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. Maillot Thomas Meunier . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Nouveau Maillot Exterieur Belgique . Paul Pierce couldnt believe he missed at the end. Young scored a season-high 26 points to spark a huge effort from the leagues most productive bench, and Los Angeles beat the Brooklyn Nets 99-94 on Wednesday night after blowing a 27-point lead. This story appears in ESPN The Magazines Dec. 26/Jan. 2 issue.?Subscribe today!Dak Prescott settles under center, makes eye contact with the middle linebacker one last time to get his bearings, then taps his right foot on the turf, signaling for tight end Jason Witten to come in motion. Its late on a Thursday night inside the glimmering Nordic temple of U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, and the Cowboys are clinging to a 14-9 lead. They have the ball on their own 46 with 6:37 remaining, but you can feel it: After struggling most of the night in this Week 13 matchup against a top-five defense, the Dallas offense needs to make something happen, and fast.A few months ago, of course, nothing the Cowboys did in December was supposed to have any consequence whatsoever. In August, Tony Romo hurt his back and was replaced by Prescott, the fourth-round draft choice and eighth quarterback picked overall. So much for the season. Then, in keeping with the overall theme of 2016 -- Wait, what? -- Prescott turned out to be nothing short of extraordinary. With him and sensational rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys somehow went from zero expectations to the projected top seed in the NFC.But the real reason for Dallas unlikely run is its five wide-bodies up front, a unit so dominant there has been talk of naming the entire group the 2016 NFL MVP. Its now in perfect sync at the start of this critical drive. As Prescotts right foot hits the turf, Wittens right hand lifts off the ground. He moves with purpose behind the line, first passing right tackle Doug Free, then right guard Zack Martin, center Travis Frederick and left guard Ronald Leary, before coming to a stop just behind the outside shoulder of left tackle Tyron Smith, the man who set this juggernaut into motion.Its time for something big.In 2011, just three months after he was officially named Cowboys head coach, Jason Garrett persuaded Jerry Jones to select the 6-foot-5, 320-pound Smith with the ninth overall pick. The decision signaled a big shift in Dallas. Jones, himself a former lineman and co-captain of the 1964 Arkansas national championship team, went his first 22 seasons as owner and GM in Dallas without using a single first-round pick on a blocker. In Jones defense, the Great Wall of Dallas, the dominant and deeply troubled line that anchored the Cowboys three Super Bowl wins in the 1990s, was for the most part a collection of misfits and castoffs. Whats more, the current proliferation of the spread offense and quick-release passing attacks is perceived to have devalued linemen.But Smith, a USC product, was an easy sell for Garrett because Dallas had line problems. As a rookie, he played right tackle. That season Free, a fourth-round pick in 2007 out of Northern Illinois, became a liability at left tackle, taking too many penalties and exposing Romo to big blindside hits.In 2012, Free shifted to the right side, where his build and mauler mentality were a much better fit. That cleared room for the chiseled, explosive Smith -- who has a 36-inch reach, the agile feet of a power forward and a bench press that teammates claim is north of 600 pounds -- to move from right to left. If you went into a computer lab and tried to create the perfect prototype tackle, it would be him, says Ross Tucker, a former NFL lineman-turned-analyst. Smith does things to guys -- toys with them, humbles them -- that you honestly shouldnt be able to do to people in the NFL.Smith was even able to move the most powerful and stubborn guy in the NFL: Jones. Smith made the Pro Bowl three times in his first five seasons, and his success helped persuade the Cowboys -- and Jones -- to take Frederick out of Wisconsin with the 31st overall pick in 2013, a move that was widely criticized. Since then, Frederick has become an immovable force at the bottom of the pocket, a presence that has allowed Prescott, when pressured on the edge, to step up cleanly, keep his eyes downfield and deliver the ball on target. Frederick also makes the pre-snap reads and blocking calls that are key to the Cowboys zone-blocking scheme.Travis mind is a huge asset that most people overlook with this scheme, Dallas backup tackle Emmett Cleary says. With zone blocking, the devils in the details, and we have one of the smartest centers in the league, which means we dont get tricked or mis-IDd with assignments very often.A year after selecting Frederick, Dallas was on the clock with the 16th pick when, according to Cowboys lore, Stephen Jones, Jerrys son and the director of player personnel, had to climb over a war room table to prevent his dad from making the colossal blunder of selecting Johnny Manziel.The Cowboys actually had their sights set on linebacker Ryan Shazier, who went to the Steelers with the 15th pick. Choosing next, Jerry did suggest Manziel, but eventually Dallas settled on Notre Dames Martin, whose freakishly perfect blocking technique and fundamentals rival Fredericks mental acumen and Smiths physical gifts. Everyone is tied together in our system, says Martin, the first Cowboy in 45 years to be named All-Pro as a rookie. Thats what makes this line special.Jones seemed to finally grasp that concept by 2015. The team re-signed Free to a three-year contract and signed LSUs Lael Collins, the SECs top lineman in 2014, who went undrafted because of off-the-field issues. Collins took over as the starting left guard in 2015. Leary, signed in 2012 as an undrafted free agent for $390,000, responded to his demotion by demanding a trade and then sitting out most of the teams voluntary offseason workout program. Instead of trading Leary for peanuts, though, Jones kept him to provide depth in the trenches, a rare luxury in todays NFL.Sure enough, in Week 3, when Collins suffered a toe injury, Leary stepped in with the extra incentive of knowing he was auditioning for his next big contract. For the time being, Leary will earn just $2.5 million in 2016, which has helped make the Dallas line -- with a total price tag of $20.9 million, according to ESPNs Roster Management System -- the NFLs biggest bargain. The Dallas offensive line is unbelievable, Vikings coach Mike Zimmer says. Theyre by far the best in the league that Ive seen.For far less than what the Vikings pay their line ($31.6 million), the Cowboys have allowed just 24 sacks on Prescott, the NFLs second-highest-rated QB (81.5 in Total QBR, behind only Tom Brady). Theyve also plowed the way for Elliott to take a run at Eric Dickersons rookie rushing record of 1,808 yards, set in 1983. (Zeke needs 258 yards over his final two games to break the mark.) The Dallas offense now dictates game tempo, chews up the clock and helps keep the suspect Dallas D off the field. Says Witten: Its like a science. Its something special to watch the way they communicate, coordinate and work together.With the game, and its winning streak, on the line in Minnesota, Dallas turns to what has become its signature play: the wide zone counter.The Cowboys used it against Cincinnati in Week 5 to spring Elliott untouched on a 60-yard TD run through the kind of hole that, before this game, cornerback Adam Jones said his daughter could have run through. Its become our signature and the heart of what we do, Witten says. We get you moving one way, then hit you hard in the other direction.Minnesota has held strong against the Cowboys offense so far, using stunts and varying fronts to confuse and interrupt Dallas pre-snap blocking reads. But on this series, the Vikings open in a vanilla 4-3 under front, with their right end, tackle andd nose tackle all shaded to the Cowboys left.dddddddddddd. Its the perfect time to hit them with the wide zone counter: The Cowboys will use it to sell that the play is flowing left, setting up a devastating cutback lane to the right.Now the guys up front need to do their job so that Elliott can do his.FIG. 1: At the snap1. TE Gavin Escobar takes a decoy release into the flat to get the linebacker and strong safety thinking rollout pass.2. TE Jason Witten crashes down the line with a goal of kicking out LB Anthony Barr and sealing the right side.3. In the Vikings 4-3 under front, the DL is mostly shaded left, helping set up RB Zeke Elliotts cutback lane to the right.4. Elliott takes the handoff to QB Dak Prescotts left to sell that the play is flowing that way.Game clock: 6:37Instantly upon Prescotts foot tap, Witten makes a pre-snap move from right to left, forcing the Vikings to reveal their coverage, intel that will help Elliott determine where to track the ball. If a defensive back shadows Witten, the Vikings are in man. If not, theyre in zone. This time the safeties remain in zone, but out of respect for the 10-time Pro Bowl tight end, they roll coverage to Wittens side of the field. That means, if Elliott has read his keys correctly, Dallas has put seven would-be tacklers at a distinct disadvantage before the snap.The cutback lane on the right edge is Elliotts top target. But what makes the Dallas wide zone counter so difficult to defend is that the running back doesnt have to hit a specific hole. Ideally, the Dallas line forces defenders horizontally toward the Vikings sideline and seals off the back side, creating a series of creases and alleys from which Elliott can choose. The openings morph and vanish quickly, so its critical to the plays timing and geometry that Elliott read the defense from the outside in, make a decision and go within his first three steps with the ball. Until then, his options are as endless and unpredictable as a full chessboard. Thats whats great about the wide zone, Frederick says. It lets you give a talent like Zeke as many options as the defense allows.Frederick lowers into his stance. But before he palms the ball, the Cowboys center IDs No. 54, Eric Kendricks, as the Mike, or middle linebacker. This is done to designate the strategic middle of the attack. In zone-blocking schemes, many assignments are based on whether certain defenders are lined up to the strong or weak side of the formation. Through endless film study and mind-numbing repetition, the Dallas line instinctively identifies blocking assignments once the Mike is identified. In situations that call for double-teams, specialty blocks or blitz pickups, Frederick communicates using code words, hand signals or, sometimes, just a tap on the leg.Recognizing that Smith, Leary and Free all have natural angles on their opponents, Fredericks key read becomes nose tackle Linval Joseph?--?if the Viking infiltrates the backfield, he could blow up the play.6:36At the snap, Prescott and Elliott pivot to their left to sell that the play is flowing that way. Meanwhile, Frederick has a split second to prevent Joseph from penetrating through the A-gap between him and Martin. If Joseph comes low and hard, Frederick will stay and double-team him with Martin. But when Joseph stands straight in containment, thats Fredericks cue to chip him with his right elbow, then leap into the second level of defenders, where he engulfs weakside linebacker Chad Greenway.Martin opens to the left, then pistons his hands into the right side of Josephs rib cage with enough force to bounce his 329-pound frame sideways almost 3 full yards.As Prescott hands off to Elliott, the quartet of Smith, Leary, Martin and Free battle in breathtaking symmetry, executing a series of nasty, relentless blocks. Smith rocks Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen and lifts him onto one leg. Free, meanwhile, mauls end Danielle Hunter and drives him halfway into the defensive backfield in a way that suggests this is personal.Joseph, the nose tackle, manages to penetrate to the 44-yard line, but its not enough. Elliott makes his critical cut to the right, near the 43, and blows by in a flash, just out of Josephs reach.FIG. 2: Hitting the hole1. The Vikings strong safety doesnt follow Escobar, so he hustles toward the middle for a key block.2. Witten reads the right edge perfectly, cutting upfield to block LB Eric Kendricks.3. The Cowboys seal the entire left side of the Vikings front with trademark power and synchronicity.4. Elliott, a rookie, makes a veteran cut and accelerates into the open field for a 30-yard gain.6:35?A few steps ahead of Elliott, Witten crashes down the line from left to right. Hes charged with executing a kickout block on linebacker Anthony Barr that will seal the back (right) side of Elliotts path. But after crossing the formation, Witten sees that Barr has already been taken out of the play thanks to a Jedi mind trick by Dallas offensive coordinator Scott Linehan. At the snap, second tight end Gavin Escobar had taken a decoy release into the right flat, called a shoot. Its a fake pass meant to fool safety Andrew Sendejo and Barr into thinking Prescott is running a bootleg. Sendejo takes the bait and backpedals about 10 yards into the secondary. Barr also misreads the play and leaps so far upfield that he has essentially performed Wittens block on himself.6:34As Elliott crosses the line of scrimmage, only three Vikings defenders are unaccounted for. Barely losing speed, Witten abandons Barr and cuts downfield to temporarily seal off linebacker Kendricks. Racing in from the left, free safety Harrison Smith should have a direct path to Elliott, but because Free has pushed his helpless defender so far downfield, the Vikings DB gets caught up in the wash of bodies. Escobar then reverses course out of the flat and races toward the middle of the field to block Sendejo. Downfield, Terrance Williams protects Elliotts outside shoulder with a block on cornerback Terence Newman.6:33 All that coordination by the Dallas line is impressive, but its Elliott who takes the play to another level by doing something that makes you forget hes a rookie. The epic battle between Frederick and Greenway has leaked several yards to the right, directly into Elliotts path. Rather than panic or cut inside for a respectable 7-yard gain, though, he executes a Barry Sanders-esque peekaboo cut that sucks Sendejo inside and allows Elliott to burst to his right into the open field. Zeke does a lot of things that make us look better as blockers, Frederick says.6:30Eventually, Kendricks spins out of Wittens block and chases Elliott down at the 24, diving at the last second to wrap up his legs and prevent a TD -- but not before Dallas gains 30, setting up what will be Dan Baileys decisive 39-yard field goal.That was a hell of a win. It might be my favorite of the 11 weve had this year, Garrett would tell the team afterward. It was the best demonstration of fight weve had in the first 12 weeks of the season. At the tail end of his run, Elliott pops straight up from the turf and releases his grip on the ball. He sticks his chest out and raises his right hand to his face mask to make his now famous feed me gesture. Facing the giant glass window at the north end of U.S. Bank Stadium, the message seems directed at all would-be challengers on the horizon. Elliott and the Dallas offensive line are hungry for more. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor