Night falls on the final Saturday of February and Julio Cesar is not starting a game once again.

in Quasselecke 23.08.2018 08:41
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

Night falls on the final Saturday of February and Julio Cesar is not starting a game once again. Mike Hughes Jersey . Yet, when he walks out on the field he has a huge smile on his face as he stops to say hello. Julio Cesar is back in his happy place. His new team, Toronto FC, start their pre-season game against Orlando City FC with him on the bench but he knows it is simply a routine night off from the number one spot he recently inherited. It is fitting that he is here in Orlando, in the shadows of Walt Disney World, a place that turns dreams into reality for millions every year. Yet, it was one thing to bring joy to the face of a child when they meet Mickey Mouse; it is quite another to bring together a scenario where the Brazilian number one goalkeeper chooses a Major League Soccer franchise, that has won 17 of their last 102 league matches since 2010, to prepare him for the sports ultimate stage. From the makers of Remember The Titans and Miracle, Disney, we present you with another remarkable sports script, currently taking place in your back garden. "I am really happy here," Cesar told me in an interview before the match. How can he not be? Everyone he left behind in England is sleeping as he trains hard with fellow keeper Joe Bendik before the game. Three weeks ago thats where he was, fast asleep dreaming of getting another chance. At the end of January he lay in his London bed counting down the days to the World Cup and wondering if he would be able to play. The transfer window closed and no offers had come. "The truth is Toronto is the only team that came after me and gave me the chance to sign - I talked with my agent and I said I need to play because I went eight months without playing." Cesar stops and apologies for his difficulty with the English language. "My English is really rubbish - everyone in Brazil keeps joking with me about my English. I try and do my best." The 34-year-old jokes he can speak two-and-a-half languages but as he does he concentrates to find the right words to deliver the important message about a time in his life that was clearly a real challenge. He continues: "For me, it was a tough, tough time, I was very sad in England. My agent talked to me and the deal came together quickly for me to sign with them. I have some friends that live in Toronto and they told me its a good city to live and I know MLS is growing, so I accept quickly. I am really happy - I am so thankful to MLS for this good opportunity to play games before the World Cup and arrive at the World Cup fit." Cesars night ends as it began, as a substitute, but as he leaves the field he is joined by Michael Bradley and Dwayne De Rosario. Cesar to Bradley to De Rosario is a combination coach Ryan Nelsen will lean on a lot this season. They are also big parts of arguably the biggest offseason transformation in MLS history. It could be a Disney fairytale, but this is a box office reality show and with two designated players added to score goals as well, the Reds are the talk of MLS here in Disney. The return of the local star De Rosario? Romantic. The signing of Gilberto, an exciting unknown talent from Brazil? Adventurous. The capture of Jermain Defoe? A blockbuster. Bradley? A real hardcore thriller. Now Cesar as well? Are you following along, Disney? Forget Kevin Spacey and his pals, these five are the Unusual Suspects that no one saw coming, tasked with bringing success to Toronto FC and changing perceptions of a club that has only known failure. Time to make a movie poster, Toronto FC fans. On it, Cesar would want to be next to Bradley. He spends a lot of time with teammate Jackson, a fellow Brazilian, who he can easily converse with in Portuguese but he admits the former Roma midfielders knowledge of Italian is a big plus. "Michael is great, I followed him in Italy, in Rome, a good midfielder, and day after day he is teaching me English through Italian." Cesar and Bradley started their TFC journey against Columbus here in Disney last Wednesday. It is not a game he will remember much about, although he is a player who remembers many matches. Interestingly, however, when pressed to name the one he will think about more than most, he chooses a game he lost. "Its Barcelona-Inter Camp Nou semifinal of the Champions League in 2010," Cesar tells me with a smile. "Barcelona were amazing at that moment so to put them out at the semifinal was so gratifying and to play in a Champions League final, for me, is one of the best moments in my career." That 1-0 loss gave 10-man Inter (Thiago Motta was sent off) a 3-2 win on aggregate and was one of the greatest defensive performances in recent history. Not surprisingly, Cesars eyes widen when he thinks back to the dressing room after the match, as he celebrated with so many great professionals like Lucio, Javier Zanetti, Maicon, Samuel Etoo and Wesley Sneijder. "We all started jumping inside the dressing room - led by Materazzi. You know, you cant believe it at the moment if its true or not but the dream came true - it is one of the best memories I have in my mind." The goalkeeper knows many of his best memories are behind him but hopes the best moment of all is still to come. "Im really excited for the World Cup, you know, not just for me but my colleagues on the national team, the supporters as well, it is a big moment for our country. We have the opportunity to make history. I played in 2006, 2010 and this is my last World Cup and its in my country, which is amazing!" Spend a few minutes with Cesar and you begin to realize he is one of those rare footballers who think of himself more as an international than a club player. It is not difficult to understand why, having been left out by QPR all season, yet through that heartache his love affair with his national team grew stronger through a remarkable act of loyalty. An act that is ultimately the reason for him now being with Toronto FC. Back in September, Brazilian manager Luiz Felipe Scolari stated Cesar would definitely be going to the World Cup, regardless of what happened with QPR. "This season when I went to the national team I was smiling again because I had an opportunity to play and thats really important, I owe a lot to Scolari but also (assistant coach and former World Cup winner) Carlos Alberto Parreira as well - they are doing good things for me. When you dont play, the press talk a lot with them because we have good goalkeepers in Brazil but when you dont play and the coach of the national team still wants you it is very special, so I am so thankful to them because they trust me a lot in my job, so I came to Toronto because I need to pay them back." And that is why the goalkeeper, who in fifteen weeks will be on the pitch for Brazil against Croatia in the World Cup opener, is here in Disney. The only thing missing is a film maker. Sheldon Richardson Jersey . Kalish got his first hit since Sept. 11, 2012, when he rapped an RBI triple in the first inning Sunday in the Chicago Cubs 8-3 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies. Kirk Cousins Vikings Jersey . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday. http://www.officialauthenticvikingsshop.com/authentic-kendall-wright-jersey.html . After Mariota was pushed around by Stanford on Thursday, finishing 20/34 with 250 yards and two touchdowns in Oregons Title hope-crushing defeat, hes going to need a poor performance or two from the remaining frontrunners to have a shot at the most coveted individual trophy in college sports.Finally, it appears that Roberto Luongo is getting his wish: a return to South Florida. Numbers Game looks into the deal sending Luongo back to Florida, leaving the Canucks with a decidedly different goaltending picture than they had one year ago. The Panthers Get: G Roberto Luongo and LW Steven Anthony. Luongo, 34, has been a strong starting goaltender for a long time. Even this season, as he has been dealing with a challenge for playing time from Eddie Lack, Luongo has a .917 save percentage, which ranks 16th out of 37 goaltenders to play in at least 25 games this season. Over the past four seasons, Luongos even-strength save percentage (.929) ranks sixth among goaltenders with at least 5000 minutes played. Now, that Luongo has been effective to this point is no great secret, but the question is how long he will remain an effective starter. Hes under contract, at a cap hit of $5.333M per season, through 2021-2022 and its pretty easy to forecast that Luongo wont be playing at such a high level at that point. Can he be an above-average starter through 37 or 38-years-old? That would probably be the best-case scenario. Aside from Luongos level of play, there is some value to his contract for the Panthers. Even with the Canucks picking up a portion of the contract, Florida is a team that, to this point, has faced more challenges getting to the floor than staying under the cap. If that means that five years from now their backup goaltender costs more than $5-million, then it may not be a huge issue. Where the finances get especially tricky is if Luongo retires before the end of his contract, because it is a prime candidate for the recapturing device implemented in the latest collective bargaining agreement and, according to Cap Geek, the Canucks could face a hefty cap hit if Luongo doesnt play out his entire deal. So, taking a step past the financial ramifications and getting back on the ice, the Panthers have upgraded their goaltending and for a team with improving possession numbers, an above average goaltender could be enough to put them back in the playoff hunt as soon as next season. Anthony is a 22-year-old winger who has been buried in the low minors, scoring 45 points in 108 games between the ECHL and CHL over the past three seasons. He played junior with Jonathan Huberdeau, but Anthony is too far away from the NHL to think thats going to be a factor that will increase his stature in the organization. The Canucks Get: G Jacob Markstrom and C Shawn Matthiias. Kirk Cousins Jersey. Markstrom is a 24-year-old who has long been considered a top prospect since he was the 31st overall pick in 2008, but there have been some bumps in the road that have put his future into question. In 43 career games, Markstrom has an .898 save percentage. Since 2005-2006, that ranks 88th out of 105 goaltenders with at least 40 games played, numbers brought down by an abysmal start (.874 SV% in 12 GP) to this season. Since he was returned to the AHL, Markstrom has posted a .918 save percentage in 29 games and has a .917 save percentage in 131 career AHL games, which is decent enough to get another look in the NHL, particularly with a new team that has an opening on the NHL roster. Markstrom currently has to be considered behind Eddie Lack on the depth chart. 26-year-old Lack, who has a .924 save percentage in 25 games this season, isnt nearly established enough in the starters role that the job wont be up for a more open competition in the future. Markstrom has the pedigree and was the starter for Brynas IF Gavle in the Swedish Elite League in 2009-2010, when Lack was his backup. Matthias, 26, is a 6-foot-4 centre who teases every so often (like scoring five points in the past two games, or tying for second on the Panthers with 14 goals last season) with occasional offensive ability, but he hasnt been terribly productive, scoring 97 points in 312 career games. His puck possession stats have been subpar even while facing lesser opposition. With the Canucks apparently heading toward rebuilding, there should be some opportunity for Matthias to play regular minutes and establish whether or not hes a legitimate top-nine forward. To this point in his career, the answer to that very much depends on the day. Matthias is under contract through next season with a cap hit of $1.75-million. In the end, the Canucks have precious little to show for what was once one of the games top goaltending tandems. A year ago, they had Cory Schneider and Luongo, now both are gone and the Canucks have Matthias and a couple of prospects (Markstrom and ninth overall pick Bo Horvat) in return. If the Canucks take a hit on the salary cap because of recapture five or six years down the road, well, thats just a bitter aftertaste to a situation that hasnt been very pleasant for the past couple seasons anyway. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor