ame against Valladolid. FORSYTH, Ill. -- Clariss G

in Quasselecke 22.08.2018 12:59
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- Nick Saban doesnt want to hear that maybe Alabama can lose in the Southeastern Conference championship game and still get into the playoffs.Its a distinct possibility for the top-ranked Crimson Tide going into Saturdays game against No. 15 Florida, but one they dont want to test. A team thats won 24 consecutive games and beaten 16 straight SEC opponents doesnt go into any game accepting losing.You all want to put everything on the playoffs, man, Saban told reporters Monday, his voice rising. Thats all you care about. You dont care about bowl games, you dont care about any teams in the country that arent in the playoffs. I dont know. If we dont win this game, maybe we throw a stink bomb out there, maybe we dont get in the playoffs.I dont know. You guys have all the answers to that, but I dont. All I know is that if we play and we play well, we control our own destiny in terms of what we do. So Id really rather not have any more questions about `Is it OK to lose this game? Its never OK to lose a game.The Tide (12-0) isnt expected to lose this one, either. Alabama is a 24-1/2-point favorite over the Gators (8-3), who won their second straight SEC East title.Perfection is hard to attain in the SEC, even in a down year for the league. Saban has brought four national championships to Tuscaloosa but only one unbeaten team, 14-0 in 2009. He has won his last eight national or SEC championship games, but did lose in the playoff semifinals two years ago.Alabama is riding the third-longest winning streak in both Alabama and SEC history, prevailing by an average of 24.8 points per game. The Tide won 28 straight games twice, from 1978-80 and 1991-93.Anybody who says that you can afford to lose a game doesnt know what its like to play sports, tailback Damien Harris said after Saturdays 30-12 win over Auburn.Every other national contender -- from Ohio State to Clemson and Washington, Michigan and Wisconsin -- has lost at least once. Conference championships are among the criteria the selection committee is instructed to emphasize.Before the playoffs, this was essentially a semifinal game in 2008 and 2009 when Florida and Alabama split a pair of 1 versus 2 matchups. The winner went on to win a national title.I think ultimately it was the national semifinal, said Gators coach Jim McElwain, a former Tide offensive coordinator.This one might not be a must-win game for Alabama, which is seeking its fifth SEC championship under Saban. Every Tide game these days has that feel, though.Alabama has won its last three games by a combined 112-18 or allowed a touchdown in more than 13 quarters. It is clearly the strongest resume nationally -- so far.Guard Ross Pierschbacher worked hard not to brag when asked if Alabama would need to contribute some mistakes to the opponent to lose a game.I think we have the mind-set that we can only beat ourselves, Pierschbacher said. Ill just leave it at that.The most emphatic way for the Tide to prove its playoff worthiness is to beat Florida. Otherwise, Alabama must endure the wait-and-see mode like other hopefuls.You dont want your season to have to come down to a committee choosing your stakes, tight end O.J. Howard said. Weve just got to take care of business ourselves on the field and we control our own destiny.NOTE: Left tackle Cam Robinson is the SEC offensive lineman of the week. ... Starting cornerback Marlon Humphrey is nursing a right leg injury. Were going to take it easy with him for a day at least for a little while and see how it goes, Saban said. Were hopeful that hell be able to practice some later in the week and be OK for the game.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Wholesale Basketball Shoes . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Cheap Nike Paul George Basketball Shoes China .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. http://www.cheapbasketballshoesstore.net/ . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Basketball Shoes Outlet . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. Discount Basketball Shoes . Ancelotti says Ronaldo has recovered from a hamstring injury but "but he doesnt feel comfortable yet so we wont risk him." Madrid is third in the Spanish league, six points behind leader Barcelona, going into Saturdays game against Valladolid. FORSYTH, Ill. -- Clariss Guce moved into position to earn an LPGA Tour card for next season, winning the Decatur-Forsyth Classic on Sunday for her second Symetra Tour title of the year.The 26-year-old former Cal State Northridge player closed with a 1-under 71 for a two-stroke victory.Anytime you win, it feels great, said Guce, who moved to California with her family from the Philippines in 2001. Every win is special and Im just overjoyed.She finished at 10-under 206 and earned $19,500 to jump from 12th to seventh on the money list with $56,656. The top 10 after the final seven events will earn LPGA Tour cards.There is still a lot more golf, and anything can still happen, said Guce, also the winner last month in Rochester, New York. Just like in Rochester, I went from 84th to 12th, so you just never know.Guce birdied the par-5 sixth and 14th and bogeyed the par-4 12th in the final round.ddddddddddddhe was doused with water again by her crew of rookie friends -- Kristin Coleman, Jenny Coleman, Mallory Kent and Dana Finkelstein -- as soon as she came off the 18th green.I knew I was going to get soaked, Guce said. I saw them walking around with a lot of bottles of water, and I was thinking dont screw it up and just two-putt.Jackie Stoelting and Laura Gonzalez Escallon tied for second. Escallon had a 67, and Stoelting shot 70. Stoelting also has two victories this year.Nelly Korda (71), Erica Popson (72) and Wichanee Meechai (67) tied for fourth at 7 under, and Kendall Dye (72) was another stroke back, along with Brittany Marchand (67) and Pavarisa Yoktuan (72). Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor