As far as Anderson Silva is concerned, hes done discussing the now-infamous leg injury he suffered over one year ago.

in Quasselecke 22.08.2018 08:53
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

As far as Anderson Silva is concerned, hes done discussing the now-infamous leg injury he suffered over one year ago. David Amerson Jersey . Early in the second round of a highly-anticipated rematch against Chris Weidman, which took place at UFC 168 in Las Vegas on Dec. 28, 2013, Silva fired off a snapping low kick. The technique proved effective during his first encounter with Weidman months earlier. However, this time the New York native was ready for it, responding with a defensive check commonly referred to as a knee spike. Upon impact, Silvas left tibia and fibula broke in gruesome fashion. The MMA legend immediately hit the mat, clutching his leg and screaming out in agony as a stunned audience groaned in unison. Following the bout Silva began the slow road back to fighting shape. Though hes overcome both the physical and mental hurdles that stem from rehabbing a serious injury, he has little interest in reliving the moment. During a recent media conference call, Silva said the incident is simply old news. This is the point in my life where (I no longer talk about it), because my legs good now, Silva bluntly stated. Im training hard now and everything is new (again). (I dont talk about it) because its in the past. Sorry. Its not difficult to talk about, but this is the past. Its clear Silvas focus is locked on the immediate future. The former middleweight titleholder steps into the octagon for the first time since the injury when he meets returning Nick Diaz in the headliner of UFC 183 in Vegas on Sat., Jan. 31. The bout marks Diazs first since dropping a unanimous decision to then-welterweight kingpin Georges St-Pierre in Montreal almost two years ago. UFC 183 will also feature a pair of pivotal welterweight fights, as Tyron Woodley battles unbeaten Kelvin Gastelum and Canadian Jordan Mein faces Thiago Alves. The main card of UFC 183 will be available Saturday, January 31st on pay-per-view, with the prelims airing on TSN4 at 8pm et/5pm pt. For Silva, the clash with Diaz represents the final step to putting the injury completely behind him. Not only would a strong performance answer any lingering questions about his leg, it could also earn him shot at the middleweight championship. During the lead up to the fight, UFC president Dana White has stated a victory for Silva will net him an opportunity at the winner of next months title fight between Weidman and Vitor Belfort. However, Silva isnt worried about the stakes. The Brazilian said it would be foolish to look past Diaz. I work for the UFC, so I am a part of the UFC family, Silva said. So if Dana decides (Im going to fight for the title), Ill go prepare for the fight. This isnt a good question for me. This is a good question for Dana. My focus for now is the fight with Nick. When I finish the fight with Nick and Ive won, Ill go prepare for the next level. But now, Im starting my career in the UFC. This is my first fight in the UFC, in my mind. Of course, should he get the job done and then go on to reclaim the middleweight strap, Silva would be on a collision course with training partners and top contenders Lyoto Machida and Jacare Souza. Though Silva has long maintained he will not fight his friends, Machida and Souza recently stated they would entertain the idea if it meant a crack at the championship. Silva said he is disappointed by both fighters remarks. Jacare is my friend and Lyoto is my friend, Silva began. (But) these guys dont talk the same about me. When I go to talk with the media, I say, I wont go fight Lyoto because hes my friend. I wont go fight Jacare because hes my friend. But when they go talk with the media … Lyoto says, Ill go fight Anderson because (its my job to) fight. Jacare says, (I will fight him) because Im a fighter. My opinion is that I dont like the positions of Lyoto and Jacare. Im not going to go fight these guys because I train (with them). When I go to train with guys its because I go to help you. So when guys talk like this, Im very disappointed. I understand this is a sport and these guys are in the UFC to fight, but I dont like to fight Brazilians. If Silva has little interest in dwelling on the past, he most certainly isnt keen on discussing a hypothetical future where hes forced to fight his training partners. Silva said hes simply excited to step back into the cage and deliver yet another entertaining performance. Im very happy to be back because I didnt fight for one year, Silva said. Now, Im very excited this is my legacy and my dream. The new Anderson is (here). I have more experience, technique, speed and strength. Nick hasnt fought for a long time and I havent fought for one year. When Nick and I fight, we will put on the best show for the UFC. Thats it. Custom Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun the international tournament will likely return in September 2016 rather than 2015. Kansas City Chiefs Jerseys . Mike Vecchione tied it at 2 with 4:01 left in the first, Saskatoon native Eli Lichtenwald gave the Dutchman the lead 57 seconds later, and Daniel Ciampini capped the spree with 2:57 to go. http://www.chiefsstoreauthentic.com/authentic-anthony-hitchens-chiefs-jersey/ . Duhamel, from Lively, Ont., and Radford, from Balmertown, Ont., were second with 77.01 points, just behind Olympic bronze medallists Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy of Germany. The four-time world champs lead at 79.PHILADELPHIA - The Flyers scored four power-play goals to help rally past the Washington Capitals 5-4 on Monday night. It was the visiting Caps who started the scoring with first-period goals by Eric Fehr and John Erskine. Philadelphia got on the board with 24 seconds left in the stanza on a power-play goal by Jakub Voracek. Another power-play tally, this one from Mark Streit, tied the game and continued a streak of five straight Flyers goals. Streit finished thee night with a goal and three assists. Demarcus Robinson Jersey. Troy Brouwer ended the Flyers streak of goals midway through the third period and Steve Oleksy scored with time winding down. Justin Peters started the game for the Capitals, allowing two goals on 14 shots. Philipp Grubauer allowed three goals on 11 shots in relief. Ray Emery was the starter for the Flyers, yielding two goals on 11 shots. Rob Zepp relieved him and made 17 saves on 19 shots. Cheap Heat Jerseys Cheap Bucks Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Cheap 76ers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys Cheap Raptors Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Wizards Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor