Andy Murray says a Sunday showdown against Novak Djokovic in London would be the perfect way to finish the year.

in Quasselecke 27.07.2018 10:43
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.650 Beiträge

Andy Murray says a Sunday showdown against Novak Djokovic in London would be the perfect way to finish the year. Andre Smith Jersey . World No 1 Murray extended his winning streak to 21 with an epic 6-7 (9-11) 6-4 6-4 victory over Kei Nishikori in the ATP Tour Finals at the 02 Arena. Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price The Scot demonstrated his remarkable stamina to win the longest ever match at the season-ending tournament, lasting three hours and 20 minutes. And he now has his sights set on a final meeting with Djokovic, who is second in the global rankings. Murray talks to Mark Petchey at the SkyPad I think for the tournament and for everyone interested in tennis, that would probably be the perfect way to finish the year, he said.For me and Im sure for Novak, both of our goals would be to try to win the event. Live Tennis: ATP World Tour Finals November 17, 2016, 12:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass For him, whether thats by beating me, someone else, or for me if its winning against Novak or another player, it doesnt change for us as players. Highlights of Murray v Nishikori Like I said, for the event and everyone interested in tennis, Im sure that would be the most exciting way to finish the year.Djokovic advanced to the semi-finals with a closely fought 7-6 (8-6) 7-6 (7-5) victory over Milos Raonic earlier on Wednesday.Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: Petchey: Murrays finest achievement Murrays year in numbers Murrays journey Murrays milestones Justin Pugh Cardinals Jersey . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. Brice Butler Cardinals Jersey . - Nikita Jevpalovs scored 6:22 into the second overtime as the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada edged the visiting Rimouski Oceanic 2-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action. http://www.officialauthenticcardinalsshop.com/authentic-mason-cole-jersey.html . “Momentum is only as good as the next days starter,” the long-time Baltimore Orioles manager famously quipped.TORONTO -- Just because Tim Gleason is happy to be in Toronto doesnt mean hell be wearing a Maple Leafs jersey right away. Gleason, obtained from the Carolina Hurricanes for fellow defenceman John-Michael Liles and a prospect, practised with the Leafs for the first time Friday. But its uncertain if hell play Saturday night against the New York Rangers. "We feel he can make a contribution, and if it starts (Saturday) night or if it starts the next night or the night after, its always nice to have depth in defencemen," coach Randy Carlyle said. "I think its one of those things where youd like the player to get a little bit more familiar with your group, too. "Well see on how we feel he sets up." Gleason was paired with Mark Fraser on Friday. Fraser has been a healthy scratch for Torontos past six games and eight of the last nine. Carlyle provided some mixed signals on whether Gleason might be in the lineup for his size and physicality. "New Yorks got some big forwards in (Rick) Nash and (Brian) Boyle," he said. "Theyre a hockey club that will try to grind it down down-low. So those are all things you take into consideration." Carlyle and his staff must also consider Gleasons quick turnaround after being dealt New Years Day as the Leafs were playing in the Winter Classic. The veteran has a steep learning curve ahead of him. "Theres a lot of information, a lot of system things, kind of like going back to school, so its good," Gleason said. The 30-year-old left-handed shot had just one assist in 17 games for Carolina this season. He knew he was being traded about a week ago and was pulled out of games and practices beginning Dec. 31 against Montreal, so it didnt come as much of a surprise. Gleason, whose final game with the Hurricanes was at Air Canada Centre against the Leafs, also knew to expect more media attention than he got in Raleigh, N.C. "This is totally different from what Im used to. Theres usually two of you," Gleason said with a smile. "This is exciting, and (Im) happy to be a part of this club." The six-foot, 217-pound Gleason figures to fit in better with Carlyles ideal identity than the smaller, quicker Liles, whos more of a puck-mover. "I think Im a physical player," Gleason said. "Thats kind of how Ive earned my spot throughout my career so far, just being physical and being hard to play against and kind of bringing that gritty type of style of play." That gritty style of play is exactly why the Leafs acquired Gleason and his US$4-million cap hit that runs for two more seasons after this one. Unlike Liles, who was made expendable by the growth of Morgan Rielly and Jake Gardiner, Gleason wont be out of place. "I think were asking Tim Gleason to play the way hes accustomed to playing," Carlyle said. "Thats the style of play that hes etched out an NHL career (with), being a strong, physical, defensive defenceman. "We think

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor