ngels, who counter with RHP Jhoulys Chacin (3-

in Quasselecke 15.07.2018 10:20
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- LeBron James played with a different supporting cast down the stretch, but the result looked familiar.James, Clevelands only starter on the floor in the fourth quarter, scored 11 of his 19 points in the final period and the Cavaliers rallied for a 100-93 victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Sunday.Channing Frye scored a season-high 20 points and played the entire fourth quarter, along with James, Iman Shumpert, Richard Jefferson and Jordan McRae.Our second guys did a great job, James said. It was good we were able to close the game out. We got stops and we made shots.Kyrie Irving scored 19 points and Kevin Love added 17, but coach Tyronn Lue stuck with the group that helped Cleveland take control of the game. J.R. Smith, who starts at shooting guard, was sidelined with a sore right ankle.They were playing great, Lue said. Kevin and Kyrie said, `Let it roll. They understood and we got the win.The Cavaliers set an NBA record by hitting at least 10 3-pointers in each of the first nine games of the season.James scored eight points on 4-of-15 shooting through three quarters before taking over in the fourth, when he also had five assists.Kemba Walker scored 21 points for the Hornets, who have lost two straight after starting the season 6-1.Charlotte led 72-71 after three quarters, but Fryes 3-pointer off James assist put the Cavaliers ahead 77-74.James blocked a shot by Frank Kaminsky that led to Jeffersons basket and scored in the lane, putting Cleveland ahead 81-76. He also hit a 3-pointer and found Frye for another 3 that stretched the lead to 89-80 midway through the quarter.Charlotte cut the margin to 94-90, but James hit a 3-pointer and a free throw as Cleveland put away the game.Frye was 7 of 15 from the field, including 6 of 12 on 3-pointers.Theyre so good and they made the plays they needed to win, Hornets coach Steve Clifford said. Theyre a great team.Charlotte forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored 11 points after missing Fridays game against Toronto with a sore back.TIP-INSHornets: C Spencer Hawes missed a breakaway dunk as time ran down in the second. ... G Jeremy Lamb (strained left hamstring) is participating in non-contact drills and could play Friday when Charlotte hosts Atlanta. He has missed six games.Cavaliers: G Mike Dunleavy started in place of Smith and scored two points on 1 of 6 from the field. ... Irving was replaced after picking up his second foul midway through the first quarter ... Cleveland made 12 of 22 shots in the first quarter.TOUGH ONE TO TAKEWalker sat in front of his locker for more than 20 minutes after the game.I think we just let the game get away from us, he said. They made some great plays and just found guys when they needed to. We had a few mental mistakes that didnt help, as well.ITS OK WITH USIrving and Love jumped off the bench several times in the fourth quarter and didnt have a problem with not returning to the game.Its about the growth of the team, Irving said. The reliance isnt on the normal guys every night. Its an exciting time.Love scored 15 points in the first quarter.Everybody was making plays in different ways, he said. LeBron always is, but especially with that unit he was the quarterback out there.Irving averages a team-high 23.9 points while Love scores 20.6 a game, the third-highest total. James is second with a 22.9 average.UP NEXTHornets: Visit Minnesota on Tuesday. Charlotte has won five straight over the Timberwolves, including two on the road.Cavaliers: Host Toronto on Tuesday. Cleveland, which beat the Raptors in six games to win the 2016 Eastern Conference finals, defeated Toronto 94-91 in the second game of the season. Adam Lowry Jersey . Instead of dwelling on the negative, Oates focused on what was good about the clubs recent play. It worked. Cheap Adidas Jets Jerseys . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. http://www.cheapwinnipegjetsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-nic-petan-jersey . James, who turned 29 on Monday, injured his groin Friday during the Heats overtime loss at Sacramento. He sat out the following game, a 108-107 win Saturday in Portland, before coming back to help send the Nuggets to their seventh consecutive loss. Patrik Laine Jersey .Y. -- Knicks coach Mike Woodson said Wednesday that J. Ben Chiarot Jersey . - NASCAR announced a 33-race schedule for the 2014 Nationwide Series with virtually no changes from this years slate. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Matt Moore insisted it didnt give him any extra satisfaction to outpitch David Price.I might be different than a lot of guys. I really dont think about it as Moore vs. Price, the Tampa Bay Rays left-hander said after stringing together seven spotless innings to beat the 2012 AL Cy Young Award winner and Boston Red Sox 4-0 on Wednesday.I think of it as myself vs. the Red Sox, that matchup, Moore added. But it was a little bit different getting to square up against one of your buddies.Moore (4-5) allowed three singles, walked two and struck out five to outperform Price (8-5), the former Rays ace who fell to 1/3 in five career starts against his old team.That is great. I think everybody in this building has admiration for David Price and what he means to the organization, Tampa Bay manager Kevin Cash said.Any time you compete against him is special. ... Matt Moore was a young pitcher when he was here, Cash added. They follow him, listen to him, and to go toe-to-toe with that guy has to be special for Matt. And he was outstanding.Brandon Guyer homered and drove in two runs in his return from a three-week stint on the disabled list. Tampa Bay took two of three from the Red Sox on the heels of an 11-game losing streak.Guyer, who missed 23 games with a left hamstring strain, led off the second inning with his seventh homer. He doubled down the left-field line to make it 4-1 in the third.Moore, meanwhile, held the Red Sox hitless until Christian Vazquez singled leading off the sixth. Mookie Betts and Xander Bogaerts followed with hits to load the bases with one out, but David Ortiz popped up and Hanley Ramirez hit a routine fly that ended the threat.Moore was very good. ... We have the big opportunity with David and Hanley in the middle of the order, Red Sox manager John Farrell said. You figure thats the time we cash in. But that wasnt the case.Price was beaten by the Rays for the second time this season, yielding four runs and nine hits over 6 1/3 innings. The left-hander, who walked one and struck out 10, also lost to Tampa Bay 12-8 at Fenway Park on April 21.I need to pitch better. Its nothing else, its not bad luck -- its me. Ive got to get better, Price said, adding that the way hes pitched this season has been unacceptable.Im just putting us behind the 8-ball in a lot of games. Im not setting the tone the way that I need to, he said. Its crushing me right now, but Ill get there.dddddddddddd.Boston was shut out for the third time this season. The Rays, who ended a streak of 13 consecutive games in which the pitching staff gave up five or more runs, also blanked the Red Sox 3-0 in 10 innings on April 19.Moore allowed three runners through five innings, with Dustin Pedroia reaching on an error in the first and Jackie Bradley Jr. and Bryce Brentz drawing walks in the fifth.The closest the Red Sox came to getting a hit before Vazquez singled was Ramirezs fifth-inning fly that center fielder Desmond Jennings caught at the wall.Rays reliever Erasmo Ramirez allowed an eighth-inning single to Pedroia, and Xavier Cedeno gave up a leadoff single to Ortiz in the ninth before finishing the five-hitter.I hope, obviously, that winning a series after losing 11 in a row is going to mean something for us, Moore said. I dont know if you can say for sure whats going to happen, but I know it feels good heading into a new series.TRAINERS ROOMRed Sox: 1B Hanley Ramirez felt some discomfort on his right side after swinging and missing in the sixth inning. He was removed for as a precaution in the eighth and is day to day. ... Farrell said discussions about the status of INF Brock Holt (concussion) and C Ryan Hanigan (strained neck) will take place on Thursdays off day. Theyre getting close, Farrell said.Rays: RF Oswaldo Arcia (illness) was a late scratch. . With Guyer being reinstated from the disabled list, OF Jaff Decker was designated for assignment. ... RF Steven Souza Jr. (strained left hip) will hit Thursday against RHPs Alex Cobb and Chase Whitley, who are both recovering from Tommy John surgery.STARTING TIMEThe Red Sox have not announced who will take LHP Eduardo Rodriguezs spot in the rotation, but Farrell said the replacement will pitch Sunday against the Angels. Rodriguez was optioned to Triple-A Pawtucket after allowing nine runs over 2 2/3 innings in Mondays 13-7 loss to the Rays.UP NEXTRed Sox: After an off day, Boston opens a nine-game homestand leading into the All-Star break. RHP Steven Wright (8-5, 2.18 ERA) starts Friday against the Angels, who counter with RHP Jhoulys Chacin (3-6, 5.64).Rays: RHP Jake Odorizzi (3-3, 3.93) starts the opener of a four-game series against Detroit. RHP Jordan Zimmermann seeks his 10th victory for the Tigers. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor