game with left knee soreness. ... Padres OF Cameron M

in Quasselecke 15.07.2018 10:07
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

INDIANAPOLIS -- Chicago Bulls guard Dwyane Wade believes that no matter how many different things LeBron James accomplishes in his career, trying to surpass Michael Jordans legacy is a fools errand.No, its not possible, Wade told ESPN with a laugh. Its not possible.Wade?is in a unique position within the context of the comparisons between James and Jordan. He won two of his three NBA championships playing alongside James -- one of his closest friends -- with the Miami Heat.?As a kid growing up in the Chicago area, Wade was a Bulls fan and watched Jordan rack up six championships, earning the respect of millions around the globe.The only thing you can do is tie it, Wade said. Theres no 19th hole.The golf reference came about after Wade was reminded of a 2012 interview with ESPN in which he used a golf analogy to compare James to Jordan.I dont know if [James] has the ability to surpass him or not, Wade said at the time.?Thats yet to be seen. My version as LeBron being on par with Michael is this: Theyre both on the golf course. Michaels on the 18th hole; LeBron is somewhere on like the fourth hole. Hes got a long way to go, but hes on par to get to the 18th hole.I think everyone knows that [James] is a phenomenal, phenomenal player. Hes one that we havent seen, with the makeup of a 6-8 guy who runs as fast as any point guard, jumps as high as any center, and has the ability that he has to do so many things. But Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time, thats who everyone shoots for. So its going to be hard to surpass that.Four years later, Wades stance hasnt changed much.I think last year -- not only in my eyes, but in a lot of peoples eyes -- really put him ... hes on the 15th hole right now, Wade said of James. And hes on his way, for sure.Wade said he and James havent discussed the comparisons to Jordans legacy, but Wades sentiments match up with comments James has made in terms of how he is perceived among the games greats.My motivation, James told Sports Illustrated over the summer, after winning his third title, is this ghost Im chasing. The ghost played in Chicago.Wade wore a big smile as he entertained the comparison questions.You cant go past it, Wade said of Jordans legacy. How can you? Thats as great as it gets, man. The only thing you can do, like I said, is be A-1, A-B. Theres no way higher. Cheap Nets Jerseys China . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. Cheap Brooklyn Nets Jerseys . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. http://www.cheapnetsjerseys.com/ . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night. Dzanan Musa Jersey . Gerald Green and Miles Plumlee? Green had bounced around the NBA when he wasnt playing overseas. The Pacers gave up on Plumlee after just one season. Now Green and Plumlee are key cogs in the Suns surprising breakout season. Cheap Nets Jerseys Authentic . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half.SAN DIEGO - Tyler Lyons scrolled through his phone, scanning all the text messages congratulating the left-hander on his winning major league debut. His teammates were quite appreciative, too. Lyons pitched seven solid innings on the same day St. Louis lost Jaime Garcia for the season, and the Cardinals beat the San Diego Padres 5-3 on Wednesday night. "It was everything I could ask for," said Lyons, who also got his first major league hit on a single in the sixth. "I pitched well, I got a hit and we won the ballgame. It doesnt get much better than that." Lyons, who was promoted from Triple-A Memphis after Garcia went on the disabled list, used an effective sinker to limit the Padres to one run and four hits. The 25-year-old Lyons was a ninth-round draft pick in 2010 out of Oklahoma State. The Cardinals announced before that game that Garcia will have season-ending shoulder surgery this week. The lefty went 5-2 with a 3.58 ERA in nine starts this year, helping St. Louis bolt to the majors best record at 30-16. Yadier Molina had four hits and Carlos Beltran finished with three as the Cardinals took two of three from the Padres. Lyons continued a positive trend this season for St. Louis, which has used six rookie starting pitchers already. Lyons is the second lefty to get a win in his major league debut in the last nine days. The other is John Gast, who beat the New York Mets on May 14. "Its been of great benefit to get solid outings out of some young pitchers," manager Mike Matheny said. "These guys have come into some tough situations and performed admirably. "Were proud of how the guys are going about their business despite instances that could be described as adversity. They play hard every day and they put a lot of faith in each other and the next man up." While Lyons pitched well, San Diego rookie Burch Smith failed to record an out in the second inning for the second time in three major league starts. He was optioned to Triple-A Tucson after the game. The right-hander struggled with his command, walking three before he was lifted with no outs in the second. Tim Stauffer came in and got Matt Holliday to hit iinto a double play, but Matt Carpenter scored to give the Cardinals a 4-0 lead.dddddddddddd Smith allowed five hits and has given up 15 runs and 16 hits in just 7 1-3 innings. The Padres will make a corresponding roster move on Friday at Arizona. "Burch has excellent stuff, but at times it looked as though he was trying too hard," manager Bud Black said. "He struggled against major league hitters but, in the long run, this guys going to be fine." Holliday had an RBI triple in the first that was confirmed by a video review. The ball landed just below the yellow border in right field, but it came down from a difficult angle that prompted Matheny to question whether it was a home run. Holliday scored on Allen Craigs single, and Daniel Descalso added a run-scoring double. Molina singled in a run in the fifth but that was the only blemish for Stauffer, who allowed eight hits and struck out seven in 5 2-3 innings. Stauffer kept San Diego in the game, but the offence never got going. Rookie Jedd Gyorko got the Padres on the board with a towering home run to centre field in the seventh. Gyorkos drive went 438 feet and is the longest at Petco Park this season. He has the three longest Padres home runs this season. Alexi Amarista added a two-run single in the ninth for San Diego. NOTES: Cardinals pitcher Jake Westbook, on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation, cut his bullpen session short after experiencing pain in his injured elbow. He will be evaluated further on Thursday, an off day for the club. ... Cardinals 3B David Freese, who has missed three games after lacerating his hand on Sunday, will have stitches removed on Friday and is expected to be available for that nights game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. ... San Diego Padres LF Carlos Quentin missed his second straight game with left knee soreness. ... Padres OF Cameron Maybin, on the 15-day DL with a wrist injury, will start a minor league rehab assignment with Tucson on Friday. ... Padres INF Logan Forsythe, on the 60-day disabled list with plantar fasciitis, will play extended spring training games starting Friday. He will begin as a designated hitter. Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor