p is getting chuckles from pun-minded social

in Quasselecke 07.07.2018 09:24
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

HONOLULU -- Mississippi State coach Vic Schaefer used 13 players, and each of them scored. It was that kind of night for the Bulldogs.Jacaira Allen scored 12 of her 14 points in the second half, and No. 7 Mississippi State beat San Jose State 88-51 on Saturday in the Rainbow Wahine Showdown.Allen was 7 for 9 from the field in 15 minutes. The reserve also had two assists and two rebounds.I liked my bench tonight. I thought they came in and played really well, Schaefer said. It was a good win. I thought our athleticism and quickness really dominated the game defensively.The Bulldogs (6-0) never trailed and led by as many as 39 points. Teaira McCowan, a 6-foot-7 sophomore center, added nine points and 16 rebounds, including seven on the offensive glass.The Spartans (2-4) were held to their second-lowest scoring output of the season and shot just 37 percent from the field.San Jose State had 24 turnovers, leading to 35 points for Mississippi State.Thats what we try to do: disrupt you and not let you run what you want to run, Schaefer said.Jasmine Smith had nine points for San Jose State, which was outrebounded 58-28 by the Bulldogs.We wanted to compete against them and force them to make adjustments and, for the most part, and I thought we did that, San Jose State coach Jamie Craighead said. We knew we were going to give up size on our offensive end. It was really difficult. Our players had to battle a lot and it took its toll. We just looked really fatigued.BIG PICTUREMississippi State: One day after a 14-turnover game against Oregon, the Bulldogs took better care of the basketball. They committed 13 turnovers against San Jose State, but just three in the first half before emptying the bench in the third and fourth quarters.San Jose State: The Spartans first-quarter struggles continued against the Bulldogs. They were outscored 21-12 in the opening period Saturday and have been outscored 124-82 in the first quarter through their first six games.TURNING POINTHallie Gennetts deep 3-pointer from the right wing with 5:34 left in the second quarter cut Mississippi States lead to 26-20. The Bulldogs then closed out the half with a 12-2 run.ROLE PLAYERReserve guard Jazzmun Holmes spurred the Bulldogs second-half defensive effort. She had a pair of steals that led to transition layups that was part of a 6-0 run that stretched Mississippi States lead to 55-31 with 4:22 left in the third quarter.She really came in and set the tone, Schaefer said. Her energy is just really, really good and to see her come in and kind of energize my team was a big piece of what I thought allowed us to be successful in the second half.UP NEXTMississippi State will take on tournament host Hawaii on Sunday. It will mark the first time the Bulldogs and Rainbow Wahine have faced off.San Jose State returns to the court Sunday against Oregon, which has won 10 of 12 meetings against the Spartans. SJSU has lost five straight in the series since its last win over the Ducks, 68-62 on Feb. 14, 1986. Joshua Frazier Jersey . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Chukwuma Okorafor Jersey . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. http://www.cheappittsburghsteelersjerseys.com/ . Oyama had six birdies and two bogeys at Kintetsu Kashikojima in the event also sanctioned by the Japan LPGA Tour. "I have been having this neck ache thats been affecting my golf recently," Oyama said. Steelers T-shirts . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Steelers Jerseys Hoodies . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. A look at whats happening all around the majors Wednesday:----LT. DANS REPORTS FOR DUTYTop prospect Dansby Swanson is expected to join the Braves for his major league debut before a game against the Twins. Swanson was the first overall pick by Arizona in the 2015 draft and traded to Atlanta in the offseason in a package for right-hander Shelby Miller. Swanson hit .261 with eight homers and six stolen bases in 84 games with Double-A Mississippi this season. Miller, meanwhile, is back at Triple-A sorting himself out after a disastrous start to this season.UTLEYS HOMECOMINGChase Utley hopes for more homecoming magic after getting an enthusiastic welcome Tuesday. Its Utleys first series at Citizens Bank Park since being traded last season to the Los Angeles Dodgers, and fans gave him a 1 1/2-minute ovation before his first at-bat then pleaded for a curtain call after Utley homered in the fifth inning and again after he hit a grand slam in the seventh.TOP OF THE HEAPJ.A. Happ (16-3, 2.96) goes for his major league-leading 17th win when the Blue Jays wrap up their three-game series in New York against CC Sabathia (7-9, 4.20) and the Yankees. Sabathia, the active major league leader in strikeouts (2,672) and complete games (38), iss 15-8 with a 3.dddddddddddd20 ERA in 24 career starts vs. Toronto.TURNAROUNDS NEEDEDNationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg (15-3, 3.07) has lost two straight entering his start against the Rockies. He allowed six runs over 5 1/3 innings last time out against last-place Atlanta and has a 4.38 ERA in six starts since the All-Star break. Rockies righty Jon Gray (8-6, 4.55) has allowed 15 runs over his past two starts.STRETCHING OUTYu Darvish (3-3, 2.77) has been rounding into form for the Rangers in his return from Tommy John surgery, a trend hell try to continue in a game against Oakland. Darvish went over 100 pitches for the first time since surgery in his last start, limiting Detroit to two earned runs over 6 2/3 innings. Rookie left-hander Sean Manaea (4-7, 4.57) is up for the As.GIVE ME NOVA-CAINExpect to hear Green Day over the AT&T Park speakers when Ivan Nova and Matt Cain square off in a game between the Pirates and the Giants. The Nova-Cain matchup is getting chuckles from pun-minded social media users, and also reminding baseball fans that it might be time to check in with the dentist. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL T-shirts Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor