leg and by playing close to his hometown, looks

in Quasselecke 07.07.2018 09:19
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

CINCINNATI -- One pitch into the game, the New York Mets once again were headed in the right direction.Reyes hit a leadoff home run, Noah Syndergaard lasted five shaky shutout innings and the Mets won their fifth in a row, beating the Cincinnati Reds 6-3 Wednesday.Were completely focused, manager Terry Collins said. We showed that when they scored three runs and we came right back with big hits. Were in our world right now.Reyes and Curtis Granderson each homered for the second straight day as the Mets beat Cincinnati for the 14th straight time. Wilmer Flores added a pinch-hit, two-run drive.The Mets (74-66) finished off a three-game sweep and have won eight of 10. They pulled within a percentage point of St. Louis (73-65) for the second NL wild card, both a half-game behind San Francisco (74-65).Reyes is trying to not get too caught up in this recent run.Theres still a lot of baseball left, he said. We have to take it one game at a time and win series. Thats what you have to do over the last (22) games.The Mets are one win short of tying the club record for consecutive wins against one team. They won 15 straight against Pittsburgh from June 6, 1986, to April 9, 1987, but theyll have to wait until next season before seeing the Reds again.Syndergaard (13-8) gave up six hits and four walks. But the Reds went 0 for 3 in trying to steal against him -- opposing runners had been previously been 45 for 51 this season.It was 87 degrees and humid at game time, and that mightve taken a toll on Syndergaard.It wasnt what we had been seeing, Collins said. His command wasnt there. I dont know if it was the weather, but when I took him out, I knew he was out of gas. He gave us five. Im glad we got him the win.Jeurys Familia closed for his 47th save, extending his franchise record.Anthony DeSclafani (8-3) took the loss as the Reds fell for the fourth straight time.Jose Peraza doubled twice, singled twice and drove in two runs for the Reds. Cincinnati trailed 5-0 in the eighth before scoring three times, two on Perazas double off Addison Reed that barely missed being a tying grand slam.Cincinnati went 0 for 6 with runners in scoring position against Syndergaard. He struck out seven and improved to 4-1 with a 1.38 ERA over his last five starts.Reyes sent a shot into the right-field seats for his sixth homer. He later singled, stole a base and scored.I was trying to get ahead and Reyes was trying to hit one out and he did, DeSclafani said. Hes been swinging the bat well lately. They all have this whole series. They have a good lineup, and theyre playing pretty good.Granderson led off the sixth with his 25th home run.LEADOFF POPReyes home run to lead off the game was his 19th with the Mets, snapping a tie with Granderson for the franchise record. It was his third of the season and overall 24th of his career.PINCH POWERFloress homer was the first of his career as a pinch hitter and gave the Mets 12 this season, tying the franchise record set in 1983.TRAINERS ROOMMets: RF Jay Bruce got Wednesday off, as much a break from the strain of returning to his former home for the first time as anything else, Collins said. I told him yesterday, With all youve been through, why dont you catch your breath and get ready for Friday? Collins said.Reds: CF Billy Hamilton, who strained his left oblique on Sunday, wont travel with the team to Pittsburgh for the four-game series.UP NEXTMets: RHP Robert Gsellman (2-1) is scheduled to start Friday in Atlanta. He allowed one run on six hits over six innings of his first career start in a 3-1 win over Washington on Saturday.Reds: RHP Dan Straily (11-7) starts Thursday at Pittsburgh. He was able to overcome issuing a career-high seven walks in his last start, a 9-1 win over St. Louis. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys Free Shipping . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Cheap Falcons Jerseys . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. http://www.wholesalefalconsjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=youth-ito-smith-jersey .J. -- New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will miss the rest of the season after having surgery on his left knee. Youth Deadrin Senat Jersey . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Wholesale Falcons Jerseys . -- There were so many positives from the Orlando Magics first victory of the season that it was hard for coach Jacque Vaughn to stop praising his players. TORONTO -- One game into the World Cup of Hockey, the United States is on the verge of elimination.The U.S. goes into its showdown against Canada on Tuesday night needing a victory to survive and give itself a chance to advance to the semifinals.A loss in the opener to Team Europe and Europes overtime victory over the Czech Republic on Monday made this a win-or-go-home game for the Americans.U.S. players circled the game against Canada as the biggest game of the tournament as soon as the schedule was released. Based on their precarious position, it has become exactly that.We were looking forward to this game as a great measuring stick, and the result of not winning the first game is its also for our lives now, center David Backes said. We cant hold anything back. This is all the chips on the table for our team, and we need to play desperate.Coach John Tortorella called it the Americans championship game even before it was clear that they had to win to stay alive. He expects a charged atmosphere at Air Canada Centre, where the U.S is the enemy and is facing a must-win game.Playing there, against them, everybody wants us knocked out, Tortorella said Monday. I cant wait, and I think our players cant wait for this game to start. Its going to be a blast.The United States focus has been on Canada, but the host and tournament favorite is focused on itself. Goaltender Carey Price called facing the U.S. just another game, and Canada is going about its business as usual.The most important game youre playing in these tournaments is the one youre playing tomorrow, Team Canada coach Mike Babcock said.Canadian players even brushed aside eliminating the U.S. as a source of motivation. Canada just wants to beat everyone.I dont think we really look at their situation, defenseman Jay Bouwmeester said. I think we know the magnitude of the game just because of who were playing -- the rivalry and all that.For us, I dont think we should really be concerned. We know how important it is [for the U.S.], but its important to us, too, because weve got to win those games to move on.Canada would clinch a spoot in the semifinals for itself and Europe with a win.ddddddddddddSome things to watch when the U.S. faces Canada:Kane and Abdelkader -- Hart Trophy winner Patrick Kane is expected to play on a line with grinder Justin Abdelkader and center Derek Stepan. Abdelkader isnt a linemate anyone expected to play with Kane, but Tortorella thinks the Detroit Red Wings winger has been strong and needs to play more.I need to get in on the forecheck, use my size, use my physicality to create opportunities, Abdelkader said. Wherever he uses me, wherever he puts me, Ill be ready. Im not going to change anything with my game.Containing Crosby -- If the U.S. is going to have any success, itll have to keep Canadas potent first line of Brad Marchand, Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron from doing too much damage. Checking center Brandon Dubinsky has guarded Crosby many times, but stopping the Canadian captain will require a team effort.Price perfect -- Price hasnt allowed a goal in international competition in 224:19, counting the World Cup opener and the semifinal and final at the 2014 Sochi Olympics. U.S. goaltender Jonathan Quick was brilliant against Canada in Sochi, allowing one goal on a deflection by Jamie Benn, whos injured and not playing in this tournament.Back to buff -- All signs point to defenseman Dustin Byfuglien and forward Kyle Palmieri being back in the U.S. lineup after being healthy scratches in the loss to Europe. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound Byfuglien is a physical force with a big shot on the power play who can make a difference against Canada, which isnt changing anything.Stamkos chances -- Steven Stamkos, motivated by missing Sochi with a broken leg and by playing close to his hometown, looks due to break through after four shots on goal in Canadas opener.To try and keep a goal scorer like that off the sheet is not easy, especially when he has that many looks, center Ryan Getzlaf said. As long as were getting those opportunities, thats the main thing. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL T-shirts Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor