BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns hit the seasons halfway point in an all-too-familiar funk. [url=http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Jamie-

in Quasselecke 26.06.2018 10:29
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns hit the seasons halfway point in an all-too-familiar funk. Jamie Vardy Jersey . They have lost three straight games, sensational punt returner Travis Benjamin is done for the year with a knee injury, trade rumours about top wide receiver Josh Gordon persist and Cleveland appears headed toward another disappointing finish. Theres the usual doom. Just not as much gloom. "I feel like a lot of good things are happening," said linebacker Paul Kruger. Less than 24 hours after a 23-17 loss at Kansas City -- a game the Browns could have won if they had minimized their mistakes in the second half -- there were reasons for optimism in Cleveland. A strong performance by quarterback Jason Campbell, making his first start in 11 months, gave the Browns (3-5) a welcomed boost after starter Brian Hoyer sustained a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 3 and Brandon Weeden played so poorly in consecutive losses. Campbell shook off a sluggish start and finished 22 of 36 for 293 yards and two touchdowns against the Chiefs tough defence. Campbells outing was a much-needed shot in the arm, and coach Rob Chudzinski didnt waste any time in naming the nine-year veteran his starter for this weeks home game against Baltimore. "I thought Jason played very well," said Chudzinski, already on his third quarterback through eight weeks of his first season. "After looking at the tape, he was able to manage the game. He was able to escape and get out of some trouble and create some plays. He did a good job from a decision-making standpoint as far as protecting the football and he gave us a lift in that game, so were real pleased with how he played." Kruger said Campbell invigorated the Browns on both sides of the ball. "He did a great job," Kruger said. "He made plays and put us in a position to win." Campbells composure allowed the Browns offence, which didnt get its initial first down until the final four minutes of the second quarter, to turn things around in the second half. Cleveland was a play or two away from an upset, but couldnt finish the job. "The guys did a great job stepping up protecting for him," said wide receiver Davone Bess, who dropped three passes and fumbled away a critical punt. "Jason stood in the pocket and made some crucial, crucial throws. He had a really solid game. ... We just fell short." Bess blunder with 7:13 left in the fourth was Clevelands most costly miscue. After Benjamin tore his anterior cruciate ligament, Bess took the speedsters spot returning punts. With Kansas City leading 20-17, Bess tried to catch a punt on the run, but took his eyes off the ball, coughed it up and Kansas City recovered. If Bess had held on, the Browns would have had the ball near midfield with a chance to tie the score or possibly take the lead. "I had it," said Bess, who also didnt handle a fourth-down pass from Campbell with 2:12 remaining. "When I got my eyes up to see where the defenders were, they were there and I must not have had it 100 per cent. Its just discipline. Those can be game-changing plays. It was just an opportunity I saw and I swung." Hell get another swing or two as Chudzinski plans to stick with Bess as Benjamins replacement. "I think that Davone is everything you could ask for in terms of a guy working and doing the things to be the very best he can," Chudzinski said. "Hes a pros pro in that way. I have faith in him that hell make the corrections." As the Browns begin focusing on the Ravens (3-4), theres still a chance Gordon wont be with them. The second-year wide receiver has been the subject of trade speculation for weeks and the Browns will listen to offers on Gordon up until Tuesdays 4 p.m. deadline. Theres a market for Gordon, who had five catches for 132 yards and a TD on Sunday. Hes arguably Clevelands best player, but hes also their most enigmatic as another failed drug test could lead to a minimum one-year league suspension. CEO Joe Banner and general manager Michael Lombardi could make a deal for the right package. Chudzinski, though, said the Browns have no intention of letting Gordon leave. "We have no plans of trading any of our guys, including Josh," he said. "Were not shopping him." Chudzinskis first eight games have been challenging with injuries, quarterback changes and tough losses. Its only been half a season and felt like several. But through it all, the Browns have shown resiliency and Chudzinski is confident his team will continue to improve over the final eight games. "Its been a tough stretch," he said. "What guys have learned playing some very good teams is weve played -- whether its a half, whether its a quarter, whether its a couple series or three quarters of games weve played very well at times. Its a matter of consistently putting it together for four quarters. Thats what the mission is were on right now." Phil Jones Jersey . The roster changes have been constant and continuous since late last year, but even with their 46-man roster set for the start of the season, the banged-up Bombers will be kicking off Week 1 with a handful of fresh faces and back-ups in the starting lineup. Harry Kane England Jersey . Despite Barcelona showing the same vulnerability in defence, Messis best performance since returning from a lengthy injury layoff ensured that his side bounced back from a defeat by Valencia in the previous round. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Jordan-Henderson-England-Jersey/ . Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory. MIAMI -- LeBron James says his new protective mask is hot, uncomfortable and prone to fogging up. Plus, as teammate Dwyane Wade pointed out, it looks weird. So James is in the market for design suggestions. "Ive been talking to Marvel Comics for the last couple of days, and DC Comics, to try to come up with one of the greatest masks of all time," James said with a chuckle Wednesday. "So well see what happens." James spoke after trying out his new mask for the first time in practice. He plans to use it Thursday when the Miami Heat play the New York Knicks. The game will be the first for James since he broke his nose last Thursday in a victory at Oklahoma City. He and his mask took part in contact drills Wednesday, and coach Erik Spoelstra was encouraged by James progress. "Hell give it a shot Thursday," Spoelstra said. "He was able to go through today without any hiccups. But he also didnt take a hit today." Given James aggressive style of play, hes bound to receive an inadvertent blow to the face sooner or later. Thus the mask. "It lessens the impact," said James, who wore a mask 10 years ago to protect a broken cheek. "You can still feel it, because the nose is still tender. But it definitely lessens the pain." James had removed his clear mask by the time media were admitted to the gym for the end of practice, but teammates provided a description. "He looked like every other player in a mask -- it looks weird," Wade said. "He looks like the LeBron that wore a mask the first time, only about 30 pounds heavier, a little more muscular, a little less hair." Said Shane Battier with a grin: "As long as No. 6 is in uniform, he looks all right to me." James was on a roll when hurt. On Thursday hell try for his fifth consecutive 30-point game, which would be the second-longest such streak in Heat history. The Heat have won five consecutive games and trail Easstern Conference leader Indiana by one game. Gary Cahill England Jersey. But theyve been prone to stumble against weak opponents, and their next three games are at home against team with losing records -- the Knicks, Magic and Bobcats. Nine of the Heats 14 defeats, including one against the Knicks, have come versus teams that are below .500. "You dont want to lose to the good teams. And you dont want to lose to the teams that arent as good," Wade said. "So then you would be 82-0. Youve got to lose to somebody. You cant play your A game for 82 games, so you have some of those moments. It happens to every team. Were no different." Lately the two-time defending NBA champions have been consistently on their A game, in part because of stout defence. They held Oklahoma City to 81 points, which tied the Thunders season low, then held Chicago to 79 in a victory Sunday as an antsy James watched from the bench. The injury-plagued Knicks have lost their past three games, and in their season of upheaval, the latest jarring development came Tuesday. Point guard Raymond Felton was arraigned on two felony weapons possession charges following an early-morning arrest. After going 54-28 last season, the Knicks are 21-36. "They havent forgotten how to play," Spoelstra said. "Theyve been injury-riddled all year long, and thats tough to deal with. That adversity coming into our game is irrelevant. Im sure theyll be ready." The Knicks split two games earlier this season against Miami, and theyre one of the few teams with a player who can match James basket for basket. Carmelo Anthony has scored more than 40 points in three of the past four games. James said hes sorry to see his friend endure such a difficult season in the standings. "I want him to win, and I want him to succeed," James said. "Obviously he has been playing great basketball, but I definitely dont like seeing him lose the way theyve been losing." Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap NFL Black Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor