Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em

in Quasselecke 20.06.2018 08:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Mike Gesicki Jersey .ca! Hi Kerry, Early in the second period of Mondays game between Los Angeles and Vancouver, Kings player Jake Muzzin hit Canuck Daniel Sedin with a high stick, knocking a tooth out. Sedin clearly showed the tooth to the referees, yet Muzzin received only a two-minute minor. Why was this not a double minor? Thanks,Shaun from Vancouver --- Hi Kerry, As I watched Daniel Sedin take a high stick to the mouth and broke a tooth (at least now people can tell the two apart), shouldnt that be a double minor? My understanding of rule 60.3 regarding a double minor is that it is any injury should warrant a double minor and blood does not have to show. When a player carries or holds any part of his stick above the shoulders of the opponent so that injury results, the Referee shall assess a double-minor penalty for all contact that causes an injury, whether accidental or careless, in the opinion of the Referee. Could you explain why the referees didnt give Muzzin a double minor? Thanks,GarethRichmond, BC Shaun and Gareth: Based on the physical evidence presented by Daniel Sedin to Referee Steve Kozari and the calm and accepting demeanor coach John Tortorella demonstrated in the explanation that followed, its most obvious that a replacement crown became unglued as a result of the high stick committed by Jake Muzzin. The solid cap Daniel pulled out of his mouth does not constitute an injury. On the other hand, if Sedin had spit out broken fragments of a tooth (crown) or even withheld solid evidence in his glove revealing a broken chicklet, short of checking dental records the referee would have legitimate cause to assess a double minor penalty. I found myself in this very situation in two different games played within a week of each other. Both times they involved Matthew Barnaby and his missing tooth. I wasnt aware that Barney had a capped front tooth. A stick came up near Barneys face and he immediately bent over and covered his mouth. By the time I got to him Matthews big smile revealed a broken front tooth. I assessed a double minor penalty as a result of the apparent injury.The very next week I worked another game involving the Buffalo Sabres player. During the National Anthem I noticed that Matt Barnaby was sporting a shiny silver crown. As good luck would have it, this time around I was in perfect position to see an errant stick clearly missed Barnabys face and head. Once again, Matthew doubled over, grabbed his face and yanked the silver cap out of his mouth which he immediately concealed inside his glove. Barney then approached me and pointed to the same filed down remnants of a front tooth as he appealed for a double minor penalty to be called. I now had legitimate reason to suspect I had been duped in the previous game. I told Matthew he had two problems with this attempt to sell a penalty call this time around. For one, the stick never touched him and two, his memory was obviously fuzzy since I was the same ref he pulled this on a week earlier. Matthew didnt dispute my claim and instead fished the shiny cap out of his glove, stuck it back in his mouth and gave me the smile of a choir boy! Fortunately for Referee Steve Kozari, Daniel Sedin didnt take a bite out of Barnabys play book. Dan Marino Dolphins Jersey . Manager Ryan Nelsen has confirmed Brazilian No. 1 Julio Cesar will be rested for Wednesdays first leg of the semifinal. That opens the door for Bendik, who started 33 games for Toronto last season. Jerome Baker Dolphins Jersey .com) - Jimmie Johnson won Sundays AAA Texas 500 while championship contenders Jeff Gordon and Brad Keselowski as well as their teams were involved in a post-race fight on pit road after the two clashed in the closing laps at Texas Motor Speedway. http://www.thedolphinsfansclub.com/Customized.html?cat=912 . However, Therrien added that Galchenyuks status for next Wednesdays game against the Detroit Red Wings is questionable. Galchenyuk has been out since Jan. 6 with a broken right hand.Midterm may still make the Investec Derby line-up despite being found to have sustained a sore hamstring when a disappointing favourite for the Dante Stakes at York last week. The choicely-bred colt, impressive in his previous success at Sandown, had gone into the Dante as the ante-post favourite for the Derby, but failed to fire and came home fifth under Pat Smullen.At first, nothing came to light to explain Midterms performance, but further veterinary examination identified a problem, revealed on Monday night by Lord Grimthorpe, racing manager to the colts owner Prince Khalid Abdullah. He was sore in a hamstring behind. Its not insurmountable, but at least it gives us some explanation as to what happened, he said.We have to wait quite a few days now. Weve got to be sure and from that point of view, its got to be up until the last minute. Hes not a great worker, so its going to be hard to gauge how he is going, but he will certainly have to be sound before he even starts to work again.If were lucky, aand he comes right, he can do enough work to satisfy the trainer that he can go. Dan Marino Jersey. If he doesnt, then theres the King Edward VII to fall back on.Grimthopre admitted to taking some relief at having identified an issue that might explain such a lacklustre performance behind Wings Of Desire in the Dante.It was a bit mystifying as we were very hopeful of a big run, so to find a hamstring... in the whole scale of things it could have been a lot worse, he said.Midterms trainer Sir Michael Stoute confirmed that he was still to rule Midterm out of the Epsom reckoning, while the stable could yet be double-handed in the race with Newbury maiden winner Ulysses, whose dam Light Shift won the Oaks, also still in contention.I want to give him more time to see how he comes out of that race and then make a decision, but its a possibility, he said. Also See: Live results service Full racecards Get Sky Sports China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor