SYDNEY - Coach Ange Postecoglou has included 16 of the 23 players he took to this years World Cup in his final 23-man squad for

in Quasselecke 05.06.2018 05:08
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

The Winnipeg Jets will do all they can to spoil a big unveiling as Marian Gaborik makes his Los Angeles Kings debut at MTS Centre on Tursday night. Clive Walford Jersey . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1290 Winnipeg starting at 6pm ct/7pm et. Unlike the Kings big splash, the Jets opted to stand pat at Wednesdays trade deadline, but Winnipeg did make news of both the good and bad varieties. Winnipeg began Wednesday with bad news by announcing center Mark Scheifele will miss a significant chunk of time after suffering a sprained medial collateral ligament in one of his knees. Scheifele suffered the injury in the second period of Tuesdays 3-2 overtime loss to the New York Islanders in a collision with Isles defenseman Calvin de Haan. Estimated recovery time for the injury is expected to be 6-to-8 weeks, but Jets head coach Paul Maurice stated that it will not require surgery and Scheifeles status will be updated in a few weeks. The 20-year-old, who was taken with the seventh-overall pick in the 2011 draft, has totaled 13 goals and 34 assists in his first full NHL campaign. Later on Wednesday, the Jets signed defenseman Mark Stuart to a four-year contract worth $10.5 million for the duration. Stuart, who was set to become an unrestricted free agent in July, has skated in 50 games and posted two goals, nine points and 81 penalty minutes. In addition, the 29-year-old leads the club in hits (163) and blocked shots (118). Winnipeg, which is one point behind Dallas for the last playoff spot in the West, lost for the third time in five games in Tuesdays outing against the visiting Islanders. However, the Jets have lost just once in regulation over the past eight outings, going 5-1-2 during that stretch. Michael Grabner split two defenders on a mad rush to the net in overtime and went top shelf to lift the Islanders to the 3-2 win on Tuesday. Ondrej Pavelec stopped 24 shots for the Jets, who had a two-game winning streak snapped despite Andrew Ladds two goals. Tuesdays tilt began a three-game homestand for Winnipeg, which is 15-11-5 as the host this season. Winnipeg notched a 5-3 win over Los Angeles back on Oct. 4 in the first of three scheduled meetings between the clubs this season. The Jets have won both of their meetings against the Kings since the franchise relocated from Atlanta to Winnipeg prior to the 2011-12 campaign. Gaborik, a speedy winger prone to injury, has the ability to help the low- scoring Kings add some offense to their arsenal. A seven-time 30-goal scorer, the 32-year-old Slovakian has battled injuries this season but still had six goals and eight assists in 22 games with the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2013-14. The Kings, who are ranked 27th in the NHL with an average of 2.32 goals per game, acquired Gaborik from the Blue Jackets for forward Matt Frattin and two draft selections prior to Wednesdays trade deadline. The picks are conditional (second-round pick and a third-round slot if the Kings win a first-round playoff series or re-sign Gaborik) and Columbus has agreed to keep a portion of Gaboriks salary on the books. Despite its scoring issues in 2013-14, L.A. enters Thursdays tilt on a five- game winning streak. The club is currently sitting third in the Pacific Division and is eight points ahead of Dallas for the last of the divisions three automatic bids to the playoffs. Los Angeles has won four in a row since the NHL returned from its Olympic break and Darryl Sutters team is coming off Mondays 2-1 victory over the visiting Montreal Canadiens. Jonathan Quick made 17 saves to help the Kings edge the Habs at the Staples Center. "We didnt give up much," Quick said. "We didnt give up many opportunities. We want to stick to playing that way. It was a big win but weve got to move on now." Jeff Carter and Jake Muzzin each had a goal for the Kings. L.A. is beginning a three-game road trip on Thursday. The Kings, who are 16-12-3 as the guest this season, also will visit Edmonton and Calgary before returning the City of Angels for a five-game homestand. Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey . Pressley missed all of last season with Cincinnati because of a knee injury, but the 5-foot-10, 249-pounder had been expected to fill a need on Clevelands roster. Marshall Newhouse Jersey . Roma has a game in hand but now second place is even at risk for the capital side as Napoli moved to within three points with the win. "The result is not always fair," Roma coach Rudi Garcia said. "If we play like this until the end we will win many matches. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Elite-Gareon-Conley-Raiders-Jersey/ . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill.MINNEAPOLIS -- Blake Griffin and Kevin Love had been duking it out for 3 1/2 quarters, and Chris Paul was content to watch two of the best power forwards in the game pound away at each other. When the two big guys started to tire from the grueling duel, the little man took over and finished off the Minnesota Timberwolves. Griffin had 20 points and 10 rebounds to win his matchup with Love and Paul scored 16 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Los Angeles Clippers to a 102-98 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday night. Paul finished with 20 points and 11 assists for his 12th straight double-double to open the season, breaking Magic Johnsons previous mark of 11 straight in 1990-91. "Its huge man. Magic is a mentor of mine, somebody I look up to," Paul said. "His basketball production was unbelievable so be mentioned in anything with him is huge and an honour." He scored 12 straight points for the Clippers in the final 3:41 to hold off another late charge from the Wolves and break out of a six-game slump in which he was hitting just 35 per cent of his shots. "Its just cool to see the ball go through the net," Paul said. "Ill take it whenever. Fourth quarter is winning time and were all competitive, but as the leader of the team, me and Blake, we know thats when its time to win." Kevin Martin had 28 points and 10 rebounds and Nikola Pekovic had 20 points and seven rebounds for the Timberwolves. But Love managed just 10 points on 2-for-14 shooting to go with 12 rebounds for the Wolves, who have lost two straight to start a tough stretch of five games in seven nights. "We were just tired, I think, and its not getting any easier heading forward," said Love, whose Wolves host Brooklyn on Friday night before trips to Houston and Indiana. "Nights happen like that and you just try to fight through it. I was a little frustrated. I was getting slammed out there." Jamal Crawford scored 16 points for the Clippers, who made 12 of 24 3-pointers and held the Wolves to 37.8 per cent shooting. The Clippers led by 111 points with seven minutes to play in the game, a 12-3 surge by the Wolves cut the deficit to 84-82 with 4:34 to play. Ben Heeney Jersey. But Griffin hit a 21-foot jumper and Paul, who had just four points in the games first 43 minutes, converted a three-point play, hit a 3 from the wing and added a 15-foot jumper and a 19-footer to help the Clippers seal it. "Thats why hes a superstar and one of the best point guards in this league," Martin said. "He got hot at the end and hes capable of doing that. We did everything we could do to try to force him to miss shots, and unfortunately for them he didnt." In a matchup of two of the best power forwards in the league, Griffin and Love spent the first half essentially playing each other to an underwhelming draw. They combined to shoot 4 for 17 before Griffin made his move in the third. He scored 14 points in the quarter, often going right at Love and scoring any way he wanted. Layups, jumpers, nifty spin moves in the post. It was all on display for a player who has put everything together in the past 10 days. Griffin came into the game averaging 25 points and 11.3 rebounds per game over his previous four, and he showed vastly improved defence on Wednesday night as well. He had two blocks and two steals, frustrating Love all the way. "I think for the first time, I dont know if it was from being tired, shot wasnt falling or they were getting away with a lot, my emotions got the best of me," said Love, who was 0 for 4 in the second half and had eight assists. "But that happens to people every now and then. I just tried to get myself going in other ways." NOTES: Before the game, Wolves president Flip Saunders gave Clippers coach Doc Rivers a hard time about walking out to mid-court late in the Clippers victory over the Timberwolves on Nov. 11 to call a timeout. "Flip Saunders of all people," Rivers cracked. "He coached from mid-court." ... DeAndre Jordan and Ryan Hollins each were whistled for flagrant-one fouls in the game. ... J.J. Redick scored 14 points for the Clippers. Black China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL T-shirts Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor