his season for top backs such as Frank Gore, T

in Quasselecke 03.06.2018 16:04
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

In the bowels of the AAMI Park gymnasium, Melbournes Jack Viney attacks his weights with the same vigor he hunts down opponents on the field.The explosive midfielder -- who is pound for pound definitely the best lifter at the Demons, according to the clubs strength and conditioning manager Robert Jackson -- takes the same approach to every gym session as he does on game day.Its just the way he is.Viney has played a pivotal role in the Demons resurgence in Paul Roos final year as coach. In many ways, the 22-year-old personifies his clubs rise up the ladder this season.Taken at the bargain selection of pick No.26 in the 2012 national draft, Viney has this year transformed himself from hard trier to one of the premium midfielders in the competition. League-wide, hes ranked 13th in contested possessions per game, eighth in tackles, and 13th in clearances per match.He was at his ferocious best in Melbournes drought-breaking win against Hawthorn in Round 20, collecting 39 touches (16 contested) at 82 percent efficiency, eight tackles, seven clearances and five marks. Aside from his statistics, his physical intent set the tone as Melbourne beat Hawthorn for the first time since Round 8, 2006.A career-high 16 tackles against the Western Bulldogs in Round 8 was another highlight, along with the 23 contested possessions -- another career-high -- racked up in Round 5 against Richmond.In fact, if it were not for a brainfade in Round 10 that saw him cop a one-week suspension, Viney could be a Brownlow Medal chance as season 2016 draws to a close -- which highlights his incredible improvement.Aside from his natural footballing ability, Vineys work ethic at Melbourne is legendary.When hes down in the gym, hes there to beat anyone, Jackson tells ESPN. He competes with everyone and even himself. Hes very aggressive in the way he attacks his weights, attacks his training and is always looking at a way to get an improvement.The other thing he does which is quite unique is hes always researching what other people do and trying to mimic professional approaches. He does his research, he comes with questions and I couldnt ask for more to be honest.Those who know Viney often shake their head in admiration at the son of former club great Todds absolute commitment to improve.Whenever Viney fearlessly burrows into packs, often emerging with a hard-won Sherrin, or locks his arms around an opponent in a vice-like tackle, those behind the scenes nod knowingly.Melbourne veteran Lynden Dunn, for one, isnt surprised by his elevation into the top bracket of the AFLs best inside midfielders.Hes grown up loving the club - Todd, his old man captained the club, so he [Jack] has always being around the place and the players, the defender told ESPN. He is ultra-competitive, he always means business, hes courageous, tough, hard.He can come across a little bit arrogant to some people but knowing him now, hes just very confident in his preparation and performances on game day.Ive got no doubt hell be All Australian and a multiple best and fairest winner by the end of his career. Its not luck - he takes ownership of his career and works so hard.Before being drafted, Viney spent time at Melbourne as a 17-year old in 2012, receiving permission to train with the club and play for its VFL affiliate Casey. Mark Neeld was the Demons coach that year, and in 2013 before being sacked midway through the season.Neeld, now game performance manager at Essendon, said he knew from an early stage that Viney would become a star midfielder.Hes a beauty. He comes from really strong family, and the things I saw with Jack as a young player - his work ethic and determination - are the things everyone is seeing on the footy field now, Neeld told ESPN.He was always in a hurry, Jack, but hes everything you want in a player in terms of determination, work ethic, leadership, the want to get better ... hes got it.Im not surprised hes become one of the premier midfielders in the competition.Jackson is also unsurprised at the midfielders rise. The strength and conditioning boss has regularly been wowed by Vineys intensity in the gym.Jacks very aggressive in his pursuit of becoming excellent, he said.If you look back to his early years before he was even playing TAC Cup, he was already going to see a sprint coach at the Hawthorn Football Club who is now the high performance manager at Richmond, Peter Burge. He was always trying to find an edge.Hes an intimidating person. Hes very strong, hes very powerful, hes very aggressive on the field ... and down in the gym he demands that of other people - he demands people put in effort and if someones lifting and he thinks they could possibly put more on or they could have done another rep, then hell have no shame in voicing that.In terms of leadership in the gym, I think just through his own actions and the way he approaches gym sessions, [he] is a real benchmark for others.Dunn said it wasnt just in the gym that Vineys leadership qualities were evident, with the defender confident the emerging tyro would eventually take the captaincy from Nathan Jones.Theres plenty of good young leaders coming through [at Melbourne] but Jack would definitely be a candidate for the captaincy, Dunn said.Nathan Jones is doing a super job at the moment and has plenty of good footy left in him but when the time comes to hand it over, Im sure Jack will be one of the strongest candidates. Channing Frye Jersey Cheap Lakers Jerseys . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. http://www.cheaplakersjerseyschina.com/shaquille-oneal-jersey/ . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Lakers Jerseys From China . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. Kyle Kuzma Jersey . One game after a miserable showing in Oklahoma City, Gay tied a career high with 41 points and the Sacramento Kings cruised to a 114-97 victory at the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay first-round draft pick Vernon Hargreaves III has a lasting memory of the first time he matched up against Oakland Raiders receiver Amari Cooper.Nothing the young cornerback saw on film before the two met in college two years ago prepared him for what would be one of the most humbling days hes had on a football field.Thats the first time I played against somebody that was better than me, that I felt like was significantly better than me, and he knows that, Hargreaves said, recalling Cooper catching 10 passes for 201 yards and three touchdowns to pace Alabamas 42-21 victory over Florida in 2014.For me, I was young. I was a sophomore, and at that point he was already playing like he was in the NFL, the rookie cornerback added. So covering him, after the game I kind of sat down and thought: `Wow, he really got me better in a way, if that makes sense. And he knows that.Cooper, a junior at the time, went on to become the fourth pick in the 2015 NFL draft.Hargreaves, selected 11th overall this year, gets another shot at one of the games budding stars when the Bucs (3-3) host the Raiders (5-2) on Sunday.Ive talked to him before ... and he knows were going to get after it, Hargreaves said. Im excited to see him again.Cooper leads the Raiders with 40 receptions for 614 yards, but has only gotten into the end zone once this season. Teammate Michael Crabtree has 39 catches for 461 yards and is tied with Bucs receiver Mike Evans for the league lead in TD receptions with six.Its going to be exciting to go against those guys and see where we really are, said Hargreaves, whose transition to the NFL has been helped by the presence of four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Brent Grimes, who signed with Tampa Bay as a free agent last spring.Hargreaves gives Cooper credit for helping prepare him for the type of receivers hes facing in the pros.He was already an NFL player in college. So seeing the routes he ran, getting to cover him, when you play against good players you just naturally get better, the rookie said. I dont why that is, how that works, I just know thats how life works, in all aspects. And Im glad I got to see that early in my college career, somebody of his caliber, because it prepared me well.Some other things to watch for when the Raiders visit the Bucs:NOT SO SWEET HOME: The Raiders are aiming for their fifth straight road win. The Bucs are 00-2 at home, 3-15 since the start of the 2014 season, and at a loss to explain why.dddddddddddd Oakland won 33-16 at Jacksonville last Sunday, then remained in Florida to prepare for Tampa Bay instead of returning to the West Coast. The extended trip also provides coach Jack Del Rio an opportunity to watch his son, Luke, play for the University of Florida this weekend.FILLING IN: The Bucs have won two straight, beating Carolina and San Francisco on the road, to climb to .500 after a 1/3 start. RB Jacquizz Rodgers is one of the biggest reasons why , posting career highs rushing with 101 yards against the Panthers and 154 against the 49ers while standing in for the injured Doug Martin, out since Week 2 with a sore hamstring.PROTECT THE PASSER: Ever since watching his brother David get sacked 76 times as a rookie in Houston in 2002, Raiders quarterback Derek Carr has known how important an offensive line can be. Hes always had good protection in three years in the NFL, and this season might be the best. The Raiders have allowed a league-low seven sacks, led by left tackle Donald Penn, who was cut by Tampa Bay following the 2013 season.When you got guys that it means that much to them to do their job and it means that much to them that it makes them sick, not only to have a sack but for those guys to even touch you, you know you have the right person protecting you,Carr said.FAMOUS JAMEIS: Bucs QB Jameis Winston threw eight interceptions and lost two fumbles during Tampa Bays 1/3 start. With Rodgers keying an effective rushing attack, the second-year pro has only turned over the ball once in the past two games.BIG PLAY PUNTER: Raiders punter Marquette King has played a big role in the teams success this season. He leads the NFL with 19 punts of at least 50 yards, is second in gross average at 50.6 yards and is tied for second with 15 punts inside the 20. He delivers even when things dont go right, as evidenced by his 27-yard run for a first down after a low snap last week in Jacksonville. That run was longer than the any this season for top backs such as Frank Gore, Todd Gurley and Lamar Miller.---AP Sports Writer Josh Dubow in San Francisco contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Gear Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor