tate once -- before retiring in 2011.His j

in Quasselecke 02.06.2018 12:00
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska hadnt planned to run its offense through Tai Webster and Jack McVeigh Saturday. It just worked out that the pair each had career scoring nights to lead the Huskers over Louisiana Tech 65-54.Webster had 17 of his 23 points in the first half, many of them coming off drives to the basket on which he either scored or went to the free throw line where he hit 7 of 8 shots.It just kind of played out that way, Webster said of his drives. Theyre a real aggressive defensive team and they force a lot of turnovers, obviously, Im living proof of it. I was just trying to match the aggression and not let me be on the back foot from it. Just attack them, bring the game to them.McVeigh scored 16 of his 21 points in the second half after the Bulldogs sent multiple defenders at Webster.Honestly, the shots just came to me, McVeigh said. They extended the pressure and with the pressure comes rotations and with rotations theres an open man. My teammates found me. Four of the six (field goals) were assisted on. Theyre easy looks when Im getting good passes from my teammates.Nebraska (3-0) led 45-41 when McVeigh hit a 3-pointer with 11:56 left, followed that up with a layup and Evan Taylor knocked down a jumper with 9:53 remaining that put the Huskers up 52-41.Louisiana Tech (1-2) traded baskets with Nebraska over the next six minutes, with Ed Morrow Jrs dunk giving the Huskers a 60-50 lead with 3:53 left. But Nebraska didnt hit another field goal.The Bulldogs Erik McCree hit a pair of jumpers to cut the Nebraska lead to six with 57 seconds left. But McVeigh hit two of three free throws and Webster added a pair to seal the win.Theres no question, we really just couldnt get over the hump and really build some momentum, said Louisiana Tech coach Eric Konkol. It seemed like every time we got close, we missed a shot or we turned it over or theyd get a bucket on the other end. We just couldnt get over the hump tonight. Got to give them a lot of credit. I thought they played some stingy defense and made it very difficult on us.Nebraska coach Tim Miles also praised the defense of his six primary players and particularly their toughness at the end.I thought the last four minutes we were a very, very tough team, Miles said. I thought there was a stretch in there where they were out-toughing us. But I thought we finished it the way they were doing it earlier. That was really important. Were not going to win otherwise.Nebraska won the game at the free throw line, outscoring Louisiana Tech by 15 from the stripe. The Huskers hit 11 of 12 first half free throws while Louisiana Tech was just 4 of 10. Nebraska hit 10 of 12 free throws in the second half. The Bulldogs were 2 of 2.McCree led Louisiana Tech with 16 points.QUOTABLEMcVeigh and Webster are roommates and were asked who had to buy dinner since they both had career highs Saturday. Webster replied: I guess I have to, hes the older one. Ill probably cook something. Out of the two, Im the best. He hooked me up the other day with some good seafood. So well see.THE BIG PICTURENebraska: Nebraska continues to search for production from its bench. Nebraskas non-starters contributed just 2 points in the first half and six in the second half in a combined 53 minutes of time on the floor.Louisiana Tech: Louisiana Tech has one more trip to a power 5 conference school in its first six games, playing at California on Nov. 30. The Bulldogs have lost at South Carolina and Nebraska.UP NEXTNebraska travels to Fullerton, Calif. where it will meet Dayton in the opening round of the Wooden Legacy tournament Thursday.Louisiana Tech returns home to Ruston, La. where it will host Oklahoma Baptist Wednesday. Domantas Sabonis Jersey . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. Myles Turner Jersey .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. http://www.wholesalepacersjerseys.com/ . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in. Darren Collison Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Cheap Stitched Pacers Jerseys . Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, announced Wednesday that the team would assign Swedish forward Elias Lindholm to his nations team for the upcoming tournament. RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina State has added former Kansas State coach Tom Asbury to its mens basketball staff as an analyst.Coach Mark Gottfried announced Asburys hiring Thursday, calling him a valuable asset when he was an assistant on the Gottfried-led Alabama team that reached the Elite Eight in 2004.Asbury served two stints as Pepperdines head coach sandwiched around a run at Kansas State from 1994-20000.dddddddddddd He took four teams to the NCAA Tournament -- Pepperdine three times, Kansas State once -- before retiring in 2011.His job at NC State will be to break down video of the Wolfpack and their opponents, help assemble game plans and chart stats during practices and games. Youth NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Gear Camo China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Online ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor