, Bell gave up singles to Daniel Murphy, Byrd a

in Quasselecke 20.05.2018 12:24
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

PV Sindhu claimed silver, and created history, after losing 21-19, 12-21, 15-21 against Spains Carolina Marin in the womens badminton singles final at Rio Olympics on Friday. She became the first Indian woman to win an Olympic silver and also, at 21, the youngest individual Indian medallist.As Marin sank to her knees sobbing after her win, Sindhu walked up to her, bending to offer a congratulatory handshake before the two embraced. It encapsulated the thrilling, closely fought contest with both players extracting the last ounce of will and tenacity from the other.Im really proud since my aim was to win a medal at the Olympics. I also want to congratulate all those who lost a medal by a point. Its been a great week for me and Im really happy about it, Sindhu said. Badminton has been really doing well in India for the past few years and Im sure we will win more medals in the future. I didnt think I would make it to the finals and when I did I told myself that I can do it.In the third game there were simple errors from my side. In a match one has to win and the other has to lose. I guess it was Marins day today. I played my best and Im happy to settle for silver, Sindhu said.Sindhu fought back from a six-point deficit to take the first game. A beautiful drop shot from Marin had the Indian trailing 2-4 before dispatching a down-the-line smash to widen the gap 9-5. The more attacking player of the two, Sindhu, landed another one wide to fall behind 9-13 as coach Gopichand wore a tense, studied look. A couple of unforced errors by the Spaniard had the Indian closing in at 13-15 before the reigning world champion sent a body smash to go up 17-15 before calling for the courts to be swabbed. Following a protracted rally of close to 50 shots, Marin ballooned a return wide with Sindhu holding up a clenched fist in a show of measured celebration. A wayward return from Marin when trailing 19-20 had her dropping a game for the first time at this Olympics and Sindhu shrieking in triumph.Racing to a 4-0 lead early in the second game, Marin sent a smash wide to hand Sindhu a point. The gap was widening and the crowd was turning restive, willing the Indian to mount a comeback similar to the one in the first game. But the Spaniard was putting away winners with ease and, though Sindhu managed to pick up three points at 9-18 down, the deficit was too large. A deft drop shot from Marin had her sealing the second game and stretching the match into a decider.Showing some incredible footwork in the final game, Marin leapt to smash one beyond Sindhus reach to extend her lead to 9-4. A brilliant backhand from Sindhu at 9-6 before Marin sent one wide had the Indian breathing down the Spaniards neck. Another Marin smash had her now leading 12-10 before Sindhu slapped one into the net at 17-14. At 19-14, a cross-court smash from Marin had Sindhu dropping to her knees before the reigning world champion put away the winner well beyond Sindhus reach. Eagles Jerseys Sale . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Eagles Jerseys Store . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. http://www.cheapphiladelphiaeaglesjerseys.com/dallas-goedert-jersey/ . Vettel, who has already clinched his fourth straight F1 title, enters the finale with a chance to equal Michael Schumachers 13 victories in a year and match the record of nine consecutive wins by Alberto Ascari in the 1952 and 1953 seasons. Authentic Eagles Jerseys . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. Wholesale Eagles Jerseys . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. PHOENIX -- Another big hit in a breakout season for Paul Goldschmidt. The Arizona slugger homered to the opposite field with one out in the ninth inning to give the Diamondbacks a 5-4 victory over the New York Mets Friday night. Goldschmidts 27th homer, his second game-winner of the year, came on a 1-1 pitch from Scott Atchison (2-1) after the Mets had rallied from a two-run deficit. "He got ahead with his slider and missed with a curveball," Goldschmidt said. "He threw another slider. Luckily it was up and I was able to hit it out of there." Atchison said it was just a bad pitch. "I threw him a good one on the first pitch he took and tried to duplicate that again," he said. "Rushed it, whatever, it just wasnt a good pitch and he is a good hitter." Brad Ziegler (5-1) pitched an inning of scoreless relief for the win. The Mets Marlon Byrd was thrown out at the plate trying for an inside-the-park home run in the second inning. Patrick Corbin, looking for his 13th win, left with a 4-2 lead after six but the Mets scored twice off Heath Bell in the eighth to tie it, ending the relievers string of 11 straight scoreless outings. Atchison, the Mets sixth pitcher of the night, retired Martin Prado to start the ninth. But Goldschmidt took him deep to right field, clearing the fence as Arizona improved to 3-0 to start an eight-game homestand. Goldschmidt didnt have a game-winning hit until this season. Now he has three, two of them home runs. The homer boosted his NL-leading RBI total to 91. He was doused with water as he approached home plate to be mobbed by his teammates. "Oh, its fun," he said. "It doesnt matter if its you hitting it or a teammate hitting it, you get an opportunity to win the game there in the ninth inning or extra innings or whatever it is, its a lot of fun. Hopefully we can do it a few more times." The Mets Justin Turner had three RBIs on two singles and a groundout, giving him 10 RBIs for the season. Consecutive two-out doubles by Corbin, Adam Eaton and Prado put Arizona up 2-1 in thhe fifth.dddddddddddd New York tied it in the sixth, but in the bottom half of the inning, Wil Nieves double brought in two runs to give the Diamondbacks a 4-2 lead. Corbin, 0-2 in his last three starts, allowed two runs and four hits in six innings, walking two and hitting two batters. He also had a wild pitch that led to a New York run. "You saw him miss up and away a lot," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "His changeup was the same. He didnt have a good slider like he has in the past but he battled. We got though six. Its a shame he didnt get the win. " Leading off the second, Byrd hit one deep to right centre, where the ball careened off the porch that extends a few feet over the field. The ball bounced all the way back to left centre. When left fielder Prado finally chased it down, Byrd was motoring around third. Prado fired to Aaron Hill, whose perfect relay home was just in time for the catcher Nieves to tag Byrd despite the Mets sluggers head-first slide. It would have been Byrds first career inside-the-park homer. Hill also threw out Juan Legares trying to stretch a double to a triple with a relay throw from right fielder Cody Ross to end the seventh. Arizona broke a 2-2 tie in the sixth after Hill singled and Ross doubled to put runners at second and third with no outs. Nieves doubled down the left-field line to bring both runners home, giving the Diamondbacks a 4-2 lead just as Corbin left the game. In the eighth, Bell gave up singles to Daniel Murphy, Byrd and Josh Satin to load the bases with no outs. Groundouts by Turner and Wilmer Flores each brought home a run to tie it at 4 before John Buck bounced out to strand Satin at third. Notes: Byrd needs one home run to reach 100 for his career. ... On Saturday night, RHP Brandon McCarthy (2-5, 4.94 ERA) makes his first home start since returning from the disabled list while RHP Zack Wheeler (4-2, 3.73) goes for New York. ... The Mets, coming off a three-game home sweep of Colorado, opened an 11-game, four-city trip that concludes with a makeup game at Minnesota. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor