ppleby had a 66. Harman had two holes lef

in Quasselecke 19.05.2018 11:48
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

The 2016-17 college basketball season will be the Year of the Freshmen, featuring what could be the best class weve ever seen. Over the next two weeks we will get familiar with the best of the best, examining who they are and where each of the top 10 prospects in the 2016 ESPN 100 came from.Read more: No. 10 Dukes Frank Jackson | No. 9 Kentuckys Malik Monk No. 8 Michigan States Miles Bridges | No. 7 Washingtons Markelle Fultz No. 6 Kentuckys DeAaron Fox | No. 5 Kentuckys Bam Adebayo No. 4 UCLAs Lonzo Ball | No. 3 Dukes Jayson Tatum No. 2 Kansas Josh Jackson | No. 1 Dukes Harry GilesLEXINGTON, Ky. --?Edrice Bam Adebayos reputation matters. Hes a star now.Thats why the new, 6-foot-10, 260-pound Kentucky Wildcats big man seems sheepish when asked to reveal his favorite song by the pop star he admires. Theres nothing tough about Katy Perry.Hmmm, thats a tough one, said Adebayo, as he considered his favorite Perry songs. Last Friday Night. ... I just heard a song, and I just liked Katy Perry ever since. I became a little fan of Katy Perry. Im not that die-hard, but its like, when youre in a good mood because her music is always [upbeat]. I got it on shuffle.The freshmans surprising affinity for the California pop star isnt the only quirk of his ebullient personality. And it all starts with his name.One crushing handshake from Adebayo proves his nickname fits. His mother, Marilyn Blount, called him Bam after a 1-year-old Adebayo flipped a coffee table while watching The Flintstones.His talent and brawn carried him to the top of the recruiting rankings and NBA draft boards. His eclectic nature, however, made him the gravitational force who has already captured the heart of Big Blue Nation as the teams new big man and even bigger personality.?They were all open arms with everybody, Adebayo said of his attraction to Kentucky. If you come in here, youre coming here to get business done. Its not just to joke around. ... I love to joke.After his teammates made an appearance at John Caliparis charity softball game in August, where fans sought selfies with him, Adebayo smiled and stared at former Kentucky star?Nerlens Noel.Noel saw him and froze, too.Adebayo leaned and held his arms out, still grinning. Noel did the same before the two embraced like old friends in the middle of the ballpark.?Whats up, man?! Noel yelled.The gregarious big man attracts attention, not only because of his size but because of his lighthearted demeanor. Basketball is serious for Adebayo. Life outside of basketball? Not so much.It wasnt always that way. He was a shy kid in his hometown of Little Washington, North Carolina. Adebayo shrunk in crowds and preferred to say less. Hed joke with his mom and close friends. The rest of the world rarely saw that side of the imposing center, though.Then, he decided to change and open up to outsiders as he traveled the country as an emerging talent on the national AAU scene. Maybe hed use his basketball gifts to come out of his shell.As I started getting better and I had to go places and meet new people, there were times where you just couldnt keep to yourself, he said. You had to speak to people.By the time he left Northside High School in Pinetown, North Carolina, before his senior season to enroll at High Point Christian Academy in High Point, North Carolina, 200 miles from his hometown to face better competition, the mamas boy had enlarged his social circle by talking up anyone he met. He used the same tactic to make new friends at High Point.Hes not a tough guy to spot out when you get there, said Ben Robertson, Adebayos high school teammate at High Point and a freshman guard at Bucknell. He handled it really well. He knew everybodys name.Adebayo led his team to the state title game during his senior season. He excelled off the court, too. The honor-roll student and McDonalds All American who averaged 18.9 points and 13 rebounds per game as a senior at High Point also joined the schools poetry club that year.And he urged his teammates to accept his wide-ranging musical palette.Theyd all spend hours together listening to Adebayos diverse playlists and wisecracks about everyone in the room.Hes a happy guy, Robertson said.He brought his easygoing ways to Lexington, where he will crack jokes off the floor and embarrasses opponents when hes on the court.He enters the season as the No. 5 freshman in college basketballs incoming class, per RecruitingNation. The young man who dunked for the first time in sixth grade is a projected lottery pick on nearly every mock draft board.He made 65 percent of his shots inside the arc as a senior. He can post up like a traditional big man. He can also put the ball on the floor and play in space.A motor, somebody who just doesnt give up on plays, Adebayo said of his playing style. Its just always been me. Ive just never liked giving up on anything. Its a bunch of us. We got our dogs on the team. Just like, the other dude in front of you, its personal. You take everything personal when youre on the court.Added Kentucky guard?Malik Monk: Hes a dog, too. Its crazy. Having the presence of Bam down there, knowing if you get beat off the dribble somebody is back there to block it or if you get stuck in the air on offense, you can just throw it up, hell catch it. Then if hes posting up, [opponents] cant help down because if you help down, hes gonna kick it out and weve got shooters. He just spaces the floor way more.Kentucky lacked that big-bodied athlete last season. Calipari had?Karl-Anthony Towns in 2015 and Julius Randle?in 2014. Without a mobile, physical center to stop him, Indianas Thomas Bryant scored 19 points (6-for-6 inside the arc) during Indianas second-round victory over Kentucky in the NCAA tournament.That shouldnt be a problem this season with Adebayo on the roster. The freshman says he admires Randles aggression and passion and hopes to emulate some of the outstanding bigs Kentucky has produced under Calipari.[The Kentucky coaches]?really want to see kids succeed, Adebayo said. You cant go wrong with how they do things here. You look on the wall and its a lot of [players] that fulfilled their dreams and Im just trying to be the next.Adebayo nursed an ankle injury throughout the summer and only recently returned to practice at full speed. Hes still getting in shape, Calipari said. But he scored 13 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and blocked a shots in last weeks exhibition win over Clarion.Bam is a beast, Calipari said.And a jokester.Earlier this year, Adebayo roamed Kentuckys basketball offices.Calipari spotted his young big man as he passed by his office at the Joe Craft Center.Then theres this kid Bam, Calipari joked. Hes just awful. He cant play.Adebayo entered the coachs office wearing his wide smirk.Whyd I get recruited if I cant play? Adebayo playfully asked.Calipari continued, I dont know if he can play basketball but man hes got a great smile.A few years ago, Adebayo rarely revealed that humorous, jovial side. Now, hes the strongman in the paint who could lead Kentucky to its second national title under Calipari. And by the end of the season, he might be the most popular player on campus.You just gotta hang around people that are really outgoing, Adebayo said, and youll end up, before you know it, youll be an outgoing person.Or, as Katy Perry might say, a firework. Wholesale New York Jets Jerseys . General manager Jarmo Kekalainen told Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch on Friday that he wants to see Gaboriks contributions go beyond the scoresheet before considering a long-term deal for the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent. Wholesale Dallas Cowboys Jerseys . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. http://www.nfljerseysauthenticcheap.com/?tag=wholesale-tennessee-titans-jerseys . It was hard for Luck to pull off another comeback, or even get into the end zone, while standing on the sideline. Rivers threw a 22-yard touchdown pass to rookie Keenan Allen and Nick Novak kicked four field goals to give the Chargers a 19-9 victory against the Colts on Monday night. Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Online . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Wholesale Los Angeles Rams Jerseys . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. OPELIKA, Ala. -- Jhonattan Vegas lead was down to three strokes Saturday when rain finally stopped third-round play in the Barbasol Championship.Six shots ahead after a course-record 11-under 60 on Friday, Vegas was 1 over for the round and 16 under overall playing the par-4 14th when play was stopped on Grand Nationals Lake Course.The 29-year-old Venezuelan Olympic qualifier failed to qualify for the British Open and has only past champion status -- he won the 2011 Bob Hope Classic for his lone tour title -- on the PGA Tour. The winner Sunday will get a two-year exemption and a spot in the PGA Championship, but will not be exempt for the Masters.David Toms and Aaron Baddeley were 13 under.Play resumed at about 3 p.m. after a 90-minute delay and was stopped for the day at about 5:15 p.m. About 1 1/2 inches of rain fell Saturday on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail facility.The 49-year-old Toms was 4 under for the day with four holes left.Baddeley shot a 64, chipping in on the par-4 18th for his third straight birdie. The 35-year-old Australian, also limited tto past champion status, won the last of his three titles in 2011 at Riviera.ddddddddddddll I was thinking is just playing golf, Baddeley said. If you try and force the issue, thats usually when you go backwards. I was just trying to play golf, just keep playing, keep hitting good shots and, if I keep doing that, theres a chance Im going to shoot a low score and I did that.Michael Johnson, the former Auburn player making his pro debut, was tied for fourth at 11 under with five holes to go.Sam Saunders also was 11 under along with Stuart Appleby, Brian Harman, Roberto Castro and Hudson Swafford. Saunders, Arnold Palmers grandson, shot a 65.Its just a nice solid round, I played really well, Saunders said. Momentum got thrown off a little bit there with the rain delay, but Im still pleased with the way I finished and put myself in a good position for tomorrow.Appleby had a 66. Harman had two holes left, Castro four, and Swafford five. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor