opean Cup in 1979 and 1980 Also Se

in Quasselecke 15.05.2018 13:02
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. -- The 148th season of thoroughbred racing in Saratoga Springs gets underway this week, kicking off nearly seven weeks of a summertime tradition dating to the Civil War.Opening day for Saratoga Race Course is Friday, with gates opening at 11 a.m. and the first race post time scheduled for 1 p.m. Racing will be held on 40 days through Labor Day, Sept. 5, with the track closed on Tuesdays.The New York Racing Association runs Saratoga along with the Belmont and Aqueduct tracks. It says fans will see a number of upgrades at the track, which first opened in 1864.The improvements include the planting of more than 850 trees on the track grounds and adding 100 picnic tables, bringing the number available on a first-come, first-served basis to 950. DJ Chark Jersey . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys .5 seconds to play in the game, Kevin Love never stopped believing that they would come out of there with a win. http://www.jaguarsjerseyscheap.com/cheap-logan-cooke-jersey/ . A knee to the thigh might have stung him the most, but his sixth straight double-double made up for the brief burst of pain. Leon Jacobs Jersey . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jersesys . But Bourque, who has missed three games with a lower-body injury, wont be in the lineup when the Habs travel to Buffalo to take on the Sabres on Wednesday.With Leicester leading the way in the Premier League title race, a place in history awaits. Where would this rank among England’s most unlikely champions? Perhaps there’s a lesson from history here… The last time the East Midlands provided the winner of the English title came in 1978 when newly-promoted Nottingham Forest defied the odds, and reigning European champions Liverpool, to lift the trophy.In fact, there are plenty of reasons, other than mere geography, why the achievements of Brian Cloughs team could offer inspiration to the Foxes as the title battle intensifies... Could Claudio Ranieris Leicester emulate the success of Brian Cloughs Forest? The main menClough and Claudio Ranieri arent obvious kindred spirits, but that doesnt mean they dont have similarities. Even so, one suspects theyd prefer to think of themselves as one-offs.I cant change now, Ranieri once said. Im like Frank Sinatra - I always do it my way. Cloughs take on the iconic singer was slightly different. Ah yes, Frank Sinatra. He met me once, you know? Clough was famous for his quick-witted quotes during his career And yet, the image of Clough as an intimidating individual, in stark contrast to Ranieris gregarious character, is not quite so simple. Both men proved capable of inspiring loyalty and affection.Jonny Owen, director of I Believe in Miracles, the film charting Forests hitherto unprecedented achievement points out that the notion players were scared stiff of Clough is misguided.They all say two things that are really interesting, Owen told Sky Sports. First, theres no doubt he liked a pint, but as Frank Clark said, they never saw him drunk - they all say that. Just some of Cloughs famous quotes that have entered into folklore The second thing was this, he was always funny, he was always a laugh. Nobody was scared of him. Like John Robertson said to me, You cant go on the pitch scared, you cant do that, its impossible.On that pitch, both managers have been happy making tactical tweaks - Ranieri is known as the Tinkerman, after all - but neither has been keen to talk up that side of the game too much.Players lose you games, not tactics, Clough once said. Theres so much **** talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. Ranieri was quick to play down the significance of Leicesters weekend win His famous claim that if God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, hed have put grass up there might not tally with Leicesters willingness to mix things up but Clough was a pragmatist, too.In fact, one senses Old Big Head might well approve. As he once said of Martin ONeills efforts for the club, Anybody who can do anything in Leicester but make a jumper has got to be a genius.Behind the scenesSpeaking of genius, there was plenty of it in Cloughs back-room team. Although, thats a term that doesnt really do justice to his long-time assistant manager Peter Taylor. Theirs was a partnership.As Clough put it himself, I am the shop front, he is the goods at the back, and Taylors take on players was trusted implicitly. Together they played the transfer market like nobody else.Ahead of the 1977/78 season, Forest signed Kenny Burns from Birmingham when no club would touch him, according to Taylor, with the help of some espionage.Burns, who had a reputation for numerous vices, was tracked to Perry Barr dog track. Taylor, dressed in a flat cap and dark glasses, monitored his habits and was satisfied he could cope. Peter Taylor, pictured alongside Clough, was a huge part of Forests success Signing undervalued players was Taylors forte. He would seek an advantage anywhere he could find it. Leicester have a different approach but the same principles apply. Its all about getting the edge.Steve Walsh, Leicesters head of recruitment, performs the Taylor role at Leicester. He was the one who sidled up to Ranieri in the summer to tell him about NGolo Kante.He pushed me when I arrived here in June, and then in July, admitted Ranieri. He said Kante, Claudio, Kante. He was determined to sign him more than I was. Steve Walsh, pictured sat next to Jamie Vardy, has been a pivotal figure It seems that Walsh recognised his importance for the same reason that Taylor wanted to take Archie Gemmill to Forest in 1977. We needed his dynamism, Taylor later argued.Walsh noted the stats that revealed Kante made the most tackles and the most ball recoveries of any player in Ligue 1 last season.The same technical department had previously unearthed Riyad Mahrez in Frances second division and signed Marc Albrighton, in part on the basis of his chances created per minute at Aston Villa.But its the signing of Jamie Vardy that really captured the imagination. There was little luck involved as Walsh had followed his progress since his non-league days with Stocksbridge Park Steels.Just as Taylor had kept tabs on Long Eatons Garry Birtles, who would go on to play a key role in Forests subsequent European Cup win, Walsh tracked his man and eventually made the move.We showed him all the scouting reports and footagge of what we knew about him, that it wasnt a punt in the dark, said Walsh.dddddddddddd We believed he would be the player who made the difference.The defensive spineVardy might prove to be that difference maker but, as the forward himself acknowledges, its a team effort and like many good teams, these two were both built from the back.As well as Burns, Forest had already recruited Larry Lloyd as his centre-back partner. Signed from Coventry, Lloyd was no rookie and turned 29 during Forests title-winning campaign. Ex-Leicester man Matt Elliott explains just why he thinks theyll upset the odds He was 62 tall with a temper to match, according to Taylor, and when goalkeeper Peter Shilton was added to the team, Forest had a formidable defensive spine.Thats just how Clough liked it. I long ago realised the futility of scoring goals at one end, while letting them in at the other, he reasoned. Leicester like Forest? Peter Shilton compares the teams Ranieris fondness for defensive resolve wasnt immediately obvious at the start of the season when he was offering free pizza to his players in the hope of inspiring a shut-out.But having conceded only three goals in seven games since Christmas, Leicester have become far meaner. I am Italian, we like clean sheets, said Ranieri. Every time we concede a goal it hurts us. Wes Morgan played for Forest before enjoying success at Leicester With two experienced centre-backs in Wes Morgan and Robert Huth, as well as a quality goalkeeper in Kasper Schmeichel, the Foxes boast an uncompromising back-line.Shilton has noted the similarities. I do see parallels, said the 125-times capped England goalkeeper. Theyve got a great spine to the team, which is what we had at Forest.The two centre halves are big imposing figures who dont mess around and know how to put a tackle in, just like we had with Larry Lloyd and Kenny Burns. Leicesters Riyad Mahrez is the go-to man much like John Robertson was for Forest Wizards on the wingEvery team needs a bit of magic and Mahrez has been doing it for Leicester all season. With 14 goals and 10 assists, nobody has contributed directly to more Premier League goals this season.A £400,000 signing from the French second division in 2014, Mahrezs rise has been swift and hes now among the most sought-after players around.Riyad Mahrez has come from nowhere, added Shilton, a bit like John Robertson did for us. Hes that sort of tricky winger that defenders hated playing against. Riyad Mahrez has come from nowhere, a bit like John Robertson did for us. Hes that sort of tricky winger that defenders hated playing against. Peter Shilton Forest skipper John McGovern described Robertson as Ryan Giggs with two good feet, not one and with 12 league goals that season, he was the teams joint-top scorer in 1977/78.When people ask me who was the best player I played with, I dont even hesitate, Lloyd told Sky Sports. He was a magician, whenever we were in trouble at the back my outlet was John Robertson.Give him the ball and hell give us a rest or he might create something. He was our main man to get us out of trouble. Leicester players might well feel the same way about Mahrez. John Dillon of the Evening Standard feels there is substance to Leicesters title bid Will it have the same ending?Forest pulled away from Everton in the spring and eventually finished seven points clear of second-placed Liverpool. They drew six of their final eight games but had gone unbeaten since November.Leicester must fend off the challenges of Manchester City, Arsenal and Tottenham if they are to complete one of the most astonishing accomplishments in the history of English football.Its a huge task. But as the pressure mounts, perhaps Ranieris team can draw inspiration from what was achieved by their East Midlands rivals up the M1. Nottingham Forest went on to win the European Cup in 1979 and 1980 Also See: This time last year... First-time title winners China NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Jerseys NFL China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor