ed as a just training camp for young players before they joine

in Quasselecke 01.03.2018 14:54
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Ford found some extra power at one of NASCARs fastest tracks, enough to put Greg Biffle on the pole for the first time in almost four years.Biffle led a Ford contingent to a strong showing in qualifying for Saturday nights race at Daytona International Speedway to earn the top starting spot.He was one of seven Ford drivers to qualify in the top 14 at a track where Toyota used teamwork to win the Daytona 500 in February.Biffle was the last car to make a lap in Friday nights qualifying session and earned the top starting spot with a speed of 192.995 mph in his Roush Fenway Racing Ford.It is Biffles first pole since Charlotte in October 2012, a streak of 130 races, and he credited engine builder Doug Yates.I am not going to discredit winning a pole, but we would sure like to win an open race track, Biffle said. We have been really close with a couple outside front-row starts and just havent quite gotten there. It does feel good for our team though.Biffle bumped Joe Gibbs Racing teammates Carl Edwards and Kyle Busch from the top of the leaderboard. Edwards lap of 192.748 was good enough for second, and Busch dropped to third with a lap at 192.336.Joe Gibbs Racing had to scramble to ready Buschs backup car for qualifying after Busch destroyed his Toyota during a crash in Friday mornings practice session.Ricky Stenhouse Jr. qualified fourth to give Roush two drivers in the top four.It is a good day for the Roush Fenway Fords, Stenhouse said. The guys have been bringing really good cars to the speedways, really fast cars. It is really cool that Greg got it for our organization. It shows we are putting a lot of hard work in and it is starting to pay off at every race track.Brad Keselowski qualified fifth in a Team Penske Ford. Teammate Joey Logano was 11th, and Ryan Blaney was 12th for The Wood Brothers. Roush driver Trevor Bayne was 13th and Aric Almirola 14th for Richard Petty Motorsports. All the Fords use engines built by Doug Yates.I am really happy to see a Ford on the pole with Greg Biffle, and I think we will be ready to race, Keselowski said. It makes you feel really good to see all those Ford teammates up there in the front of the field.The Ford drivers will have to work together to fend off the Toyota brigade that ganged up on the field to win the Daytona 500. JGRs four drivers worked with Martin Truex Jr. to form a juggernaut that led to a Denny Hamlin win as Toyota drivers took four of the top five spots.Edwards expected a similar strategy on Saturday night.That worked really well. I dont know that it will ever work that well again, Edwards said.I assume well just try to do the same thing, which was basically work together if we can, and I watched a little bit of the race the other day and everything just worked out perfectly. If we can do that again, it would be great. We really have a good group of cars, and we have a great group of teammates so that would be good.Austin Dillon, who was involved in a horrible accident on the last lap of this race last year, in which his car went airborne into the fence, qualified sixth as the fastest Chevrolet.Jimmie Johnson was seventh; he was the only Hendrick Motorsports driver to advance to the second round of qualifying. Hendrick drivers had won six consecutive poles on restrictor plate tracks dating to the 2015 Daytona 500.Hamlin was ninth and Kurt Busch 10th.Truex, who lost in a photo finish to Hamlin in the 500, was 15th. Defending race winner Dale Earnhardt Jr. was 16th.Tony Stewart, who snapped an 84-race winless streak last week on the road course at Sonoma, qualified 19th.Other notes from Friday at Daytona:AVERAGE EARNHARDT: He didnt get the starting spot he hoped for, but Earnhardt still believes he has a decent shot to get his first win of the season on Saturday night.Its going to be slick in the race and handling is going to be real important, Earnhardt said. Im more concerned really with the car driving good. Might not be the fastest car out there; thats not the car that is going to win the race. I think the guy thats got the best handling package. This place is going to be pretty slick.---BUSCHS BACKUP: JGR did a good job getting Busch a strong car after he crashed his primary in Fridays practice. He had harsh words for Goodyear after the accident, which was caused by a cut tire.Busch complained he didnt have much confidence in Goodyear -- teammate Edwards also had a tire issue in the morning -- but he had softened his stance by the end of the day.From my vantage point, weve had a lot of tire issues this year. Thats probably four, five or six tires that weve blown this year, Busch said. We also did the tire test at Kentucky and didnt necessarily have the best of results, I felt like. Thats where the frustration probably stemmed from and came from.Goodyear probably didnt deserve what they got from me earlier today, but thats just from earlier today.---SLOW ELLIOTT: Chase Elliott opened the year with the pole for the Daytona 500, then duplicated the feat at Talladega Superspeedway.He had no shot at making it three consecutive poles at plate tracks and will start 24th on Saturday.It was not as good as weve been in the last couple of plate races, but, hey, well try to focus on the race, Elliott said. Im looking forward to the race and just trying to get going and hopefully not make the same mistake I made here in February.---SMITHS PROBLEM: Regan Smith had a problem on his qualifying attempt and wasnt able to complete a timed lap. Hell start 40th.I crossed the start/finish line taking the green flag, and something happened that changed the pitch and it seemed like I lost a little bit of power, he said. Just to be safe, killed the motor and got it back (to the garage) to see what is wrong with it. If there is a silver lining with this whole thing, at Daytona, you can start toward the back and still make time and be OK. Joel Bitonio Jersey . In what the team had called a retirement, Ryan said Thursday that he is resigning as chief executive of the Rangers in a move effective at the end of this month. Cody Kessler Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson joked that he feels he can score from anywhere on the court. http://www.cheapbrownsjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-emmanuel-ogbah-jersey . With Parker having a quiet game for once, Nicolas Batum and Boris Diaw provided the scoring as France won its first major basketball title by beating Lithuania 80-66 on Sunday. It was a victory that ended a decade of frustration for Parker and a talented French generation, which lost the final against Spain two years ago and took bronze in 2005. Calvin Pryor Jersey . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Briean Boddy-Calhoun Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Gold Coast remain hopeful that Jaegar OMeara will stay at the AFL club after the Suns refused Hawthorns low-ball offer for the young midfielder.Suns chairman Tony Cochrane says the AFL clubs are a long way from agreeing to terms and OMeara will go to the draft, or they will try to convince him to stay, if no deal is done by 2pm (AEDT) on Thursday.Gold Coast refused the Hawks latest offer of picks 10 and 48 with the Suns wanting an experienced senior player included in the deal.Its really not at anywhere exciting, I regret to say after a lot of posturing by Hawthorn over the last month about how exciting this young player is and what they were hoping to do and attract him across to their club, Cochrane told SEN radio.Putting us to one side, just from OMearas point of view, its a pretty low-ball offer for an exciting young star.Cochrane remained hopeful that the 22-year-old would reconsider his future and stay at the young Queensland club, who offered him a two-year deal after two seasons sidelined with knee injuries.If a deal cant be done, Essendon could snatch up OMeara with the first pick in the pre-season draft.ddddddddddddCochrane said the Suns needed to make a stand so they werent viewed as a just training camp for young players before they joined other AFL sides.No-ones fault, but Hawthorns picked an appalling year to try and grab somebody like an OMeara off us, he said.Weve got an absolutely bottler of a group of [trade] picks.Were blessed with an enormous trade pick selection and it will be further blessed today with [Dion] Prestia [leaving].If ever we were going to make a stand, this is the year to do it.Cochrane said he recently met with Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson, which he described as an enlightening conversation.On this occasion we, the Gold Coast footy club, are the seller and sellers only sell when you get to a price or situation when theyre prepared to say, Yep, that will do it for us. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor