WASHINGTON -- Centre Marcin Gortat agreed to a $60 million, five-year contract Tuesday to remain with the Washington Wizards, ac

in Quasselecke 01.03.2018 09:57
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Centre Marcin Gortat agreed to a $60 million, five-year contract Tuesday to remain with the Washington Wizards, according to a person familiar with the deal, a major step in the teams quest to keep the roster intact as much as reasonably possible following the end of a playoff drought. Neftali Feliz Jersey . The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal cant be signed until July 10 under NBA free agency rules. Gortat follows coach Randy Wittman, who was given a contract extension last month, and backup point guard Andre Miller, whose contract was guaranteed for another season on Saturday, as the third piece in team president Ernie Grunfelds quest to retain the key contributors who took Washington to the post-season for the first time since 2008. "Im proud to say Washington will be my home," Gortat tweeted Tuesday evening. Acquired for a first-round draft pick and injured centre Emeka Okafor as part of a five-player trade with the Phoenix Suns just before the start of the regular season, Gortat gave the Wizards a much-needed stronger presence in the paint to complement the backcourt of John Wall and Bradley Beal while taking some of the frontcourt load from power forward Nene. The 30-year-old "Polish Hammer" -- the only player from Poland in the NBA -- averaged 13.2 points and a team-high 9.5 rebounds, missed only one game and became a vocal locker-room leader. He was in the final year of his contract and became a free agent Tuesday, but he had made it clear he wanted to return to the Wizards, often speaking about next season as if it were a given that he would be back. Washington had to act quickly because Gortat was one of the top big men on the open market. The next priority for the Wizards is small forward Trevor Ariza, the teams best 3-point shooter and best defender. Ariza also is expected to attract several suitors as a free agent. "Got my man (at)MGortat back now waitin for my bro (at)TrevorAriza...Come on !!" Wall tweeted. Custom Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys . -- David Ortiz saved his only hit for a key moment for the Boston Red Sox. Corey Knebel Jersey . Sweeting scored two in the first and three in the second before Strong (4-4) got two back in the fourth. Sweeting then scored three in the fifth, two in the sixth and one in the seventh to grab a commanding 9-2 lead. http://www.baseballbrewersofficial.com/paul-molitor-jersey-c-9/ . Lineup news, Fantasy and more in Scott Cullen’s Statistically Speaking. HEROES St. Louis Blues – After rolling the San Jose Sharks for seven goals, for the second time in a week, the Blues have a bunch of players on hot streaks.CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Walker scored 24 points and the Bobcats used a big first quarter to beat the Kings 95-87 on Tuesday night, snapping a three-game losing streak. Gerald Henderson added 20 points and reserve Ramon Sessions scored 16 for the Bobcats, who went 8 for 17 from 3-point range. Walker also had five assists in his 10th game with at least 20 points. "Ive been working hard since this summer," Walker said. "Ive put in a lot of time. I started off slow shooting the basketball (this season), but hopefully now I can hit a groove. Ive been feeling great and Ive been shooting a lot." Henderson says when the Bobcats start hitting 3-pointers, the defence is in for a long night. "It makes us tough to guard," he said. "You have to come out there and guard the 3-point line with guys that can get to the basket, so its a tough thing. If were knocking down the 3-ball that opens up a lot for us." DeMarcus Cousins had 30 points and 17 rebounds for Sacramento, which shot 37.5 per cent from the field. The Kings have dropped three of four. "We came out slow," Cousins said. "The effort wasnt there. It was a terrible start. That start really put us behind and we were digging ourselves out of a hole the rest of the game." Kings forward Rudy Gay scored four points on 1-of-6 shooting in his worst game since he was acquired in a seven-player trade with Toronto on Dec. 9. He departed with 5:23 left in the third quarter due to right knee stiffness. "He was complaining at halftime about his knee, I believe," coach Mike Malone said. "He wanted to go out and give it a shot in the third quarter. He gave us some minutes and wasnt moving real well out there so we decided to shut him down.&quoot; Gay had 24 points in his first game with Sacramento, and then scored 26 to help the Kings beat Houston 106-91 on Sunday. Orlando Arcia Jersey. The Bobcats jumped on the Kings right from the start. Ben Gordon made a 3-pointer and Sessions had a layup to make it 35-22 after one. "Everyone says that the NBA is a fourth-quarter league," Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said. "Statistically its a first-quarter league. Our readiness, out of the gate, was good. We were able to play from ahead and having that cushion early was the difference." Charlotte carried the 13-point lead into halftime, but the Kings rallied in the third. Cousins and Ben McLemore each made two foul shots down the stretch to help Sacramento close to 78-72 heading to the fourth. The Bobcats were clinging to a two-point lead when Josh McRoberts had a hook shot, Sessions made a layup and Al Jefferson scored to make it 86-78 Charlotte with 6:36 left. "Tonight I think we did a better job of finishing the game," Henderson said. "Against some of the really, really good teams in the league, we have struggled with that. I think were getting better at it." While Charlotte found success in finishing, Sacramento struggled to recover from the bad start. "I dont know what it was," Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas said. "They were scoring and getting whatever they wanted. We didnt play good defence and thats what got us in that hole." Jefferson finished with 10 points and nine rebounds as Charlotte snapped a four-game losing streak against Sacramento. It was the Bobcats first win over the Kings since Feb. 25, 2011. Thomas had 21 points on 8-for-23 shooting. Cousins was 9 for 13 from the field and 12 for 15 at the line in his sixth double-double in his last seven games. NOTES: Walker went 4 for 8 from 3-point range. ... Each team had 42 rebounds. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor