stop and 24 games at third base this season for the Yankees. Rodriguez is playing with Scr

in Quasselecke 09.02.2018 12:02
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

Bolton defender Derik Osede talks to Sky Sports about swapping the bright lights of Real Madrid for a chaotic season at the Macron Stadium. This time last year, Derik Osede was rubbing shoulders with Cristiano Ronaldo and Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrids plush Valdebabas training complex. The 23-year-old had spent his entire career rising through the youth ranks of the biggest club in the world, but when his final season in their Castilla B team drew to an end, he knew it was time to leave his comfort zone.Real Madrid is the team of my heart and to play there was a dream, he tells Sky Sports. I had been there for 13 years and everything was perfect, but breaking into the first team is difficult because its full of the best players in the world. I had to leave the cantera to see real football. When you leave, you realise theres more to life than Real Madrid. Derik Osede (right) in action for Real Madrid in a pre-season clash with Inter Milan The Spanish U21 international set his sights on a move to England, and when an offer arrived from Bolton Wanderers in July, he didnt hesitate. I wanted to come to England and grow as a player, he says. There was interest from a few teams but obviously Bolton has always been a great club. They were the first ones to say: Look, Derik, we want you here.Derik followed in the footsteps of former Madrid players Ivan Campo and Fernando Hierro as he signed a three-year contract at the Macron Stadium, but nothing could have prepared him for the turbulent campaign ahead. To a backdrop of spiralling debts, transfer embargoes and disarray behind the scenes, Bolton have won just four games out of 41 in the Championship.They have been without a permanent manager since Neil Lennons departure by mutual consent in the middle of March, and Saturdays 4-1 defeat to Derby County - their ninth in the last 10 games - confirmed their relegation to League One. Derik has made 18 Championship appearances for Bolton this season When I arrived I had no idea it was going to be like this, says Derik. After some time we knew it was going to be difficult to stay in the division but we always hoped we could start winning games and get out of it. We are all very sad. It has been a complicated year for Bolton as a team and as a club, and now its the fans who are paying for it.Obviously the players are partly to blame but its a mixture of everything. Maybe if the previous owners and the people who were running the club had a clearer idea on things it would have been better, but there was no organisation. Thats the word that was missing. Obviously Madrid is the best club in the world, but I felt like everything there was done with organisation. Bolton takeover completed Dean Holdsworths Sports Shield consortium completed their takeover of Bolton in March. For Derik, adapting to Championship football has been another challenge. The first year in England is… complicado, he says. In Castilla we were used to always having the ball but here its different. Its much faster and a lot more physical. There is less control of the ball. There are lots of attacks and counter-attacks. The style is more direct. Derik impressed as a tenacious, ball-playing centre-back in a 2-1 win over Wolves on his debut in September, but he was sent off in a 4-1 defeat to Huddersfield Town a few days later and he dropped out of the team altogether between November and February.Until two months ago I wasnt playing, but Im an optimistic person and Im very hard-working, he says. I knew I was going to end up playing, so I worked, and worked, and worked, and now Im back in the team. It hasnt been easy. Osede applauds Boltons travelling fans after a 1-0 defeat to Birmingham Derik has slotted in at left-back, right-back and defensive midfield since his return to the side, and his improved form has been one of few bright spots for Bolton in recent months. The blood and thunder of the Championship is a world away from Valdebabas and Real Madrid, but Derik has fallen in love with English football and has no regrets about the move.At Castilla we had our stadium and people came to support us but at most there were three or four thousand people, he says. At Bolton we can get 20,000, and at Derby County last week there were 30,000. The atmosphere here is very good and the stadiums are full. Our fans are always supporting us - even on long away trips. I really like that. I would happily finish my career in England because I like this style of football. I like the rhythm of life and I like the atmosphere at the stadiums. Derik Osede So will he stay and play for Bolton in League One? To tell you the truth I have no idea, he says. I havent spoken to the club yet. Its still too early to talk about those things. We have to see whats going to happen next year and what the plans are, but I still have a contract here for two more years and I am still a Bolton player.What is certain is that Derik is enjoying life on and off the pitch in his new surroundings. I have matured as a player and a person and I am very happy here, he says. I would happily finish my career in England because I like this style of football. I like the rhythm of life and I like the atmosphere at the stadiums.Deriks future will become clearer at the end of the season, but before that there are five Championship games left to navigate - including Saturdays reunion with Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka at the Macron Stadium. Osede (right) featured prominently for Spain as they won the European U19 Championship in 2012 Six or seven years ago I played under Aitor when he was the manager of Spain U16s and U17s, says Derik. The following year he became Jose Mourinhos assistant at Real Madrid, so I knew him from training there, too. Hes a good manager and a good person. Its great to see him doing so well.Derik could be excused for envying his former managers position at the other end of the Championship table, but his experiences in England have taught him self-pity gets you nowhere. If you work hard, the future will always bring you something positive, he says defiantly. I always think like that. Im an optimistic person.Watch Bolton v Middlesbrough live on Sky Sports 2 HD from 12pm on Saturday Also See: Backroom duo leave Bolton Whats it like to play for Zidane? Cheap Mariners Jerseys . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Cheap Mariners Jerseys Authentic .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. http://www.wholesalemarinersjerseys.com/ichiro-suzuki-jersey/ . While hell be dialed in to that tournament on a course he loves, you can forgive him if his eyes glance down the calendar just a bit, towards April. Cheap Mariners Jerseys Online . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Cheap Mariners Jerseys For Sale . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants.BOSTON -- Shortstop Derek Jeter went back on the disabled list. Leadoff hitter Brett Gardner was ejected for throwing his helmet. And outfielder Zoilo Almonte sprained his ankle during the game. The already limping Yankees were further depleted in the first game after the All-Star break on Friday night when they lost 4-2 to Boston to fall seven games behind the AL East-leading Red Sox. "You just deal with it," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "No one is going to feel sorry for us." The Yankees fell behind 3-0 when starter Andy Pettitte gave up homers to Jacoby Ellsbury and Johnny Gomes. And they were ill-equipped to come back when Gardner and Almonte left the game and joined already injured starters Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson and Francisco Cervelli. "It happens to every team, every year. Injuries are a part of it," Jeter said before the game. "Id be lying to you if I said it wasnt kind of odd the way things have been happening. You get guys back, they get hurt again. The number of guys is something that I havent seen here since Ive been here, but other teams have to deal with it, too." The Yankees placed their captain on the 15-day DL with a strained right quadriceps that he injured in his first game back last week after being out all season with a broken left ankle. Jeter rejected the possibility that he returned too soon from the injury he sustained in last years playoffs. "I dont think thats the case," he told reporters before the series opener on Friday. "I was ready to come back; I came back; I was running fine. This happened, but this happens to guys who go through full spring trainings and play a lot of games." The Yankees had waited to make a decision, using the four days of the All-Star break for the shortstop to receive treatment. Jeter said he had hoped to play against the Red Sox, but he hadnt tested his leg in anything close to a game environment. "Right now, its fine. But I havent run," he said. "Im pretty sure theyll make me run before they have me play." Jeter, 39, broke his left ankle in the opener of the AL championship series last October, then spent the winter and the first 3 1/2 months of the season getting back to the field. After just four rehabilitation games, the Yankees pushed up his return after Gardner and Travis Hafner got hurt. Jeter had been tellling the team he was ready to return, and general manager Brian Cashman said he received positive reports from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.dddddddddddd Jeter returned to a huge ovation and beat out an infield hit on the first pitch he saw in the majors this year. But he left the game against Kansas City on July 11 in the eighth inning when his quad tightened in his third at-bat. "I dont think they trust me too much anymore," he said at Fenway Park. Jeter said at the time he hoped the strain was "not a big deal." He missed the weekend series against Minnesota and hoped to avoid the DL. "Its frustrating. Ive spent a lot of time trying to get my ankle right and get back on the field, which I did," he said Friday. "Finally, when that was good to go, something else happens. These things happen. Ive played entire spring trainings and pulled a muscle at the end. I think a lot of times people want to try to tie one to the other. Its not necessarily the case." The Yankees also signed infielder Brent Lillibridge from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Jeter joins Teixeira (wrist surgery), outfielder Granderson (broken pinkie) and catcher Cervelli (broken hand), who have been hurt and then had setbacks or second injuries. Teixeira returned briefly before season-ending surgery. Cervelli developed a stress reaction and is shut down for now. Granderson broke his forearm in his first at-bat in spring training only to be hit again after eight games back. Despite all the injuries, the Yankees were 51-44 at the All-Star break, six games behind first-place Boston but in fourth in the AL East. They were three games out of the last wild-card spot. Granderson has resumed taking on-field batting practice at the Yankees minor league complex in Tampa, Fla., and says he is "working on repetition" with his swing. Team officials have said Granderson could be back early next month. Infielder Jayson Nix, sidelined by a strained right hamstring, got six at-bats during a simulated game in Tampa. Hes started 40 games at shortstop and 24 games at third base this season for the Yankees. Rodriguez is playing with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, likely the final stop in his rehabilitation from left hip surgery before he returns to the Yankees as early as Monday. "From everything I understand, he feels good," Jeter said. "I think hes going to help us." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor