n-shy in recent years and the weight cut is a bit of an

in Quasselecke 04.02.2018 09:32
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

BASEBALLARLINGTON, Texas -- Proponents of Arlington taxpayer funding for a $1 billion retractable-roof Texas Rangers stadium have won approval.With 98 percent of the vote counted, voters approved by a 60-to-40-percent margin the extension of a half-cent sales tax, 2 percent hotel-occupancy tax and 5 percent car-rental tax for a new home for the Major League Baseball team. That revenue now goes to defraying Arlingtons $155 million debt on its share of the cost of the NFL Dallas Cowboys AT&T Stadium, which opened in 2009.The vote also allows a 10 percent admission tax and a $3 parking tax for the Rangers use, the same deal reached for the Cowboys.Although the Rangers hadnt publicly threatened to leave, a team representative held preliminary talks with Dallas officials about a covered stadium there.NEW YORK -- First baseman Anthony Rizzo and right fielder Jason Heyward from the World Series champion Chicago Cubs have won Gold Glove awards.San Francisco star Buster Posey was picked at catcher in the National League, ending Yadier Molinas eight-year reign with St. Louis. Posey was joined by a pair of Giants teammates, the double-play combination of shortstop Brandon Crawford and second baseman Joe Panik.Colorado third baseman Nolan Arenado won for the fourth consecutive year, and Arizona pitcher Zack Greinke took his third straight Gold Glove. Other winners in the NL were Atlanta center fielder Ender Inciarte and Pittsburgh left fielder Starling Marte.Young shortstop Francisco Lindor from AL champion Cleveland was a first-time winner, along with Texas first baseman Mitch Moreland, Detroit second baseman Ian Kinsler, New York Yankees left fielder Brett Gardner and Boston right fielder Mookie Betts.Kansas City catcher Salvador Perez won his fourth Gold Glove in a row, Houston pitcher Dallas Keuchel took his third straight and Tampa Bay center fielder Kevin Kiermaier repeated from last year.Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre was rewarded for the fifth time overall.COLLEGE FOOTBALLWashington moved into fourth in the College Football Playoff rankings, putting the four remaining unbeaten teams from the Power Five conferences at the top of the selection committees second top 25.Alabama, Clemson and Michigan still hold the top three spots.The committees first ranking of the season caused a bit of a stir because the unbeaten Huskies were behind Texas A&M last week. The Aggies then went out and lost at Mississippi State to clear up the mini-controversy.Ohio State is behind Washington at fifth.COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- Texas A&M quarterback Trevor Knight will miss the rest of the regular season with a right shoulder injury.Knight was injured on Saturday in the 10th-ranked Aggies loss to Mississippi State. Coach Kevin Sumlin announced that he wouldnt return for the regular season, but says they expect him to return for Texas A&Ms bowl game. Sumlin added that Knight does not need surgery, but did not provide further details on his injury.With Knight out the Aggies will go with Jake Hubenak, a junior who has appeared in three games this season. Hubenak was 11 of 17 for 222 yards with two touchdowns and an interception in Texas A&Ms 35-28 loss to Mississippi State on Saturday.Knight is in his first season with the Aggies after transferring as a graduate student from Oklahoma. He threw for 1,911 yards and 13 touchdowns and ran for 583 yards and 10 more scores.The Aggies host Mississippi on Saturday.SOCCERNike and Cristiano Ronaldo have extended their long-term sponsorship deal.The Portuguese soccer star has had a contract with Nike since 2003 and wears its Mercurial cleats. In a video released by the Beaverton, Oregon-based apparel maker, he suggested the deal was for life, although terms werent released.Ronaldo said in a statement released Tuesday by the company: I have a great relationship with this brand, I have great friends here in the company. We work as a family, too. This is my brand.Ronaldo, a three-time world player of the year, is captain of the Portuguese national team that won the European Championship this year.On Monday, the 31-year old signed a new five-year contract with Real Madrid that runs through June 2021. Ronaldo has scored 372 goals in 360 matches for Real Madrid, helping the team to two Champions League titles and the La Liga crown since joining it in 2009.BASKETBALLNEW YORK -- Indiana Pacers forward Paul George has been fined $15,000 for inadvertently kicking the ball into the stands during a victory over Chicago.The NBA announced the fine.George appeared to be upset Saturday night when no foul was called after he took a shot. He kicked the ball after drawing a foul on the Bulls ensuing possession. The ball went into the stands with 1:42 left in the third quarter. The officials called a technical foul and immediately ejected the three-time All-Star.After the game, George said he intended to kick the ball into the basketball stanchion and joked that his soccer skills were not as good as he thought. George also said he apologized to the fan who was hit by the ball. The fan was not injured. Cheap Detroit Red Wings Jerseys .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. Adidas Jonathan Ericsson Jersey .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http://www.cheapredwingsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-mike-green-jersey . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . The judges scored it 48-47, 48-47, 49-46 for Jones (19-1). It was the champions closest call. Despite the loss, it was a remarkable show by the confident Swedish challenger, who had the best of the early rounds and then hung on in the fourth and fifth. Cheap Adidas Red Wings Jerseys . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. In a year that already has proved to be massive for the UFC, with one major card after another, UFC 205 on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York looks to be the biggest and most important of them all. In honor of such a marquee event, ESPN.com is providing dedicated previews to all 13 bouts on the card, breaking down whats at stake and projecting who will win, along with quotes and statistics for each fighter.Middleweights: Rashad Evans (19-5-1) vs. Tim Kennedy (18-5)Odds as of Nov. 3: Kennedy -240; Evans +200Dana Whites thoughtsI always thought Rashad was small for 205. And lets not forget, he fought on the heavyweight version of The Ultimate Fighter. I always thought he should be at 185 pounds, but he didnt want want to do it.Listen, Rashad is a super talented guy. My thing with Rashad -- the last few years I didnt know how much his head was in it. Kennedy is a tough dude who always comes forward and I think hell bring the best out of Rashad. Ive had those talks with Rashad: It doesnt seem like youre here, man. Ive just always thought hes super talented, explosive, great wrestler, knockout power, hes got all the tools.Whats at stake?Kennedy: After UFC 205, Bisping title shot or ... retirement?Kennedy is pretty confident he can beat Michael Bisping, the current UFC 185-pound champion. Probably because it hasnt been that long since he did it.For Kennedy, 37, UFC 205 will mark his first appearance since a frustrating, controversial loss to Yoel Romero in September 2014. At this point in his career, Kennedy is pretty committed to only accepting big fights. Hes also frequently out of the country, which can make booking a fight difficult.An offer to fight Evans in Madison Square Garden was just the kind of offer to bring him back into the cage, but Kennedy says that should say something about his future demands. Basically, it will take an even sweeter offer to bring him back beyond this.If [the UFC] isnt saying, Your next fight is against Bisping, who I smashed last time, then I dont even know, Kennedy said. I cant imagine the fight that would bring me in again. If it took Madison Square Garden, on the biggest fight card in MMA history, against a former light heavyweight champion, perennial contender, coming to a new weight class for the first time, in a state where they just legalized MMA -- If it took that much to get me back here in the first place, it will sure as hell take a big, shiny belt for me to stay.Not that Kennedy is overlooking Evans, whom he has trained alongside at Jackson-Wink MMA in the past and says naturally outweighs him by as much as 35 pounds. This will be Evanss first fight at 185, after years of competition at 205.He had about 20 to 30 pounds on me when he was here, and that was when he was in fight camp, Kennedy said. So, maybe a 35-pound difference naturally.Hes been a special athlete for a long time. Hes going to show up on weight on that scale and hes gonna do it smart. I always thought he was an undersized light heavyweight. Im confident hes doing it the correct way, dieting, exercising, doing the work.Evans: Once I made up my mind to continue, the doubt stopped right awayIf Evans fighting career wasnt quite in jjeopardy following a first-round knockout loss in April, it was at least a bit uncertain.ddddddddddddThe 12-year veteran lasted less than two minutes in that fight before succumbing to a Glover Teixeira left hook. Afterwards he called the performance embarrassing, and said he didnt want to lose heart or hope in fighting but something had to change.One big change ahead of this fight is a 20-pound change. Evans has played with the idea of moving to middleweight in the past and hell ultimately do so here, in his 26th professional fight.Im usually counting down the days of a fight camp, waiting for that week off before the fight. Evans said. This camp, Ive been telling myself to go easy during some of these days, I feel so good. I feel healthy. Ive cleaned out my diet. Im really happy with everything and Im walking around everywhere with my shirt off.Once I made up my mind this was something I was going to continue, the doubt stopped right away. Those were my raw feelings at the time, after the loss. When I stepped in the Octagon, I didnt feel the connection I normally did. A lot of it was just bringing things in to the cage from my personal life. Ive made peace with a lot of areas and its allowed me to just focus on fighting.In addition to turning heads in south Florida, Evans says his new, leaner physique will allow him to do something he hasnt been able to do for years competing at a higher weight -- impose his strong wrestling skills on opponents.A lot of these guys were cutting from 230. As Im getting older and lighter, I was going in at 210 pounds. The impact was a lot different and I finally said, You know what? These guys are just way bigger. I havent had the strength to grab someone and really impose my will on them. Thats when I decided to make the drop.Key statsEvans: 19-5-1 (14-5-1 UFC); middleweight debutEvans: 50 takedowns in UFC career, eighth-most among active UFC fightersKennedy: 18-5 (3-1 UFC); first fight since Sep 2014Kennedy: 14 of 18 wins by stoppage (7 by knockout, 7 by submission)BreakdownIts easy to talk yourself into an Evans win here. Kennedy has been away for two years, but more than that, Evans still seems like hes one right hand or left hook away from old magic.The unfortunate truth is that minus one dominant performance against Chael Sonnen three years ago, Evans hasnt looked right in a while. Whats interesting about that is that Sonnen is a middleweight, and if you listen to Evanss comments, he believes thats noteworthy. At light heavy, Evans was undersized. At middleweight, maybe he will look like that power wrestler his career was built on.If that is to be the case though, this seems like a tough matchup for his middleweight entrance. Kennedy will not be an easy target for offensive wrestling, and even though Evans hits harder, Kennedys chin is probably in better shape at this point. Evans has been a little gun-shy in recent years and the weight cut is a bit of an unknown. Early success with his wrestling would be a huge confidence boost.Prediction: Kennedy by decision.You make the call: Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor