n, but Saintel dunked for a third time to spark a 7-0 ru

in Quasselecke 04.02.2018 09:22
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- A crucial walk to the opposing pitcher ended up spoiling an otherwise quality outing by St. Louis Cardinals rookie Luke Weaver.Weaver, making his fourth major league start, gave up three runs and four hits in six innings. He struck out 10, including four straight at one point. But it was a walk to Matt Garza with two outs in the third that helped propel the Brewers to a 3-1 victory and end a six-game losing streak.Jonathan Villar followed Garzas walk with a double and Kirk Nieuwenhuis then homered to right.Really, the one at-bat hes got to think about is a two-out walk to the pitcher, St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. (Luke) knows that. I dont need to go remind him. That really cost us right there. That is a shame.Garza was 1 for 21 with one walk and 13 strikeouts on the season when he stepped to the plate against Weaver (1-2).That one at-bat to Garza is kind of what set it off, Weaver said. Just kind of lost a little feel for the ball there, and just lost him. I thought I made a good pitch to Villar, he put a good swing on it. And then that pitch to Nieuwenhuis, he put a great swing on it.Garza said he wanted to extend that at-bat against Weaver.I was just trying to take as many pitches as possible and keep myself from going back out there really quick, Garza said. He threw a good cutter off and I leaned out there. I was telling myself, `Id rather you punch out looking than swinging at something in the dirt.Garza (5-6) turned in his longest outing of the season, giving up one run and three hits in seven-plus innings while walking two and striking out eight.We hit a few balls hard, but for the most part (Garza) made pitches when he had to, Matheny said. He has always had good stuff.Garza allowed the first two batters in the eighth to reach base before being replaced by Carlos Torres, who pitched out of the jam but not before loading the bases with two outs.Yadier Molina hit a solo home run in the fourth for the Cardinals giving them a homer in a franchise-record 20 consecutive games.The Brewers loaded the bases with one out in the sixth but failed to score off Weaver, who struck out Keon Broxton looking to end the inning.Tyler Thornburg notched his sixth save in 10 chances.STRIKING OUTThe Brewers struck out 43 times in the three-game series against St. Louis, including a franchise-record 19 times on Monday, 12 in a 10-inning contest on Tuesday and another 12 on Wednesday.We really did a good job with the game plan, and we got them to chase some pitches, Weaver said.TRAINERS ROOMCardinals: 1B Matt Adams, on the DL with left shoulder inflammation, could soon return to the lineup. Adams is getting healthy and getting close, Matheny said.Brewers: Manager Craig Counsell said OF Domingo Santana is healthy despite being out of the starting lineup for the third consecutive game. Santana missed games in May with a sore shoulder. An ailing right elbow kept him out of the lineup from the first week of June until earlier this month.UP NEXTCardinals: Alex Reyes (1-0, 0.64 ERA) will make his second major league start when St. Louis starts a three-game series at Cincinnati on Friday. He had a no-decision in his first start on Saturday against Oakland, allowing one run and two hits in 4 1/3 innings.Brewers: Junior Guerra (7-3, 2.93) will return to the rotation when Milwaukee opens a three-game series at Pittsburgh on Friday. Guerra had been on the DL with right elbow inflammation. He is 1-0 with a 1.72 ERA in three career games (two starts) against the Pirates. Wholesale Jerseys Store . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. Cheap Jerseys Online . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. http://www.nflchinajerseys.com/ . After slipping from the summit during the week, the Gunners overcame struggling Crystal Palace 2-0 on Sunday thanks to Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains second-half brace. NFL Jerseys Cheap . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. China Jerseys Wholesale . LUCIE, Fla. LORETTO, Pa. -- Bryan Sekunda tied his career best with five 3-pointers on nine attempts and Stony Brook beat St. Francis (PA) 75-63 on Saturday.Sekunda and Lucas Woodhouse scored 17 apiece and the Seawolves made 12 of 28 3-pointers and opened with a 10-5 run. Woodhouse scored 14 points in the first half and Stony Brook never trailed in building a 40-34 halftime lead.St. Francis closed to 49-44 in the second half on a 7-0 run capped by Jamaal Kings jumper, but Sekunda scored eight straight and the Seawolves led 62-52 on Junior SSaintels dunk with 8:45 left.dddddddddddd. The Red Flash closed to 66-58 on a 6-0 run, but Saintel dunked for a third time to spark a 7-0 run with 1:01 left.Saintel scored a career-high 15 points for Stony Brook (4-7). Woodhouse added nine rebounds and nine assists, both season highs.King scored 16 and Keith Braxton grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds for the Red Flash (3-6), who have lost four straight. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor