Goaltender Martin Biron announced his retirement at the age of 36 on Sunday, after playing parts of 16 NHL seasons. [url=http://

in Quasselecke 29.01.2018 09:47
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

Goaltender Martin Biron announced his retirement at the age of 36 on Sunday, after playing parts of 16 NHL seasons. D.J. Swearinger Jersey . The New York Rangers put Biron on waivers last week, at which time he said he needed to talk to his family and friends and consider his options. Biron was assigned to the Hartford Wolfpack on Tuesday, but he did not report. "After thinking about it with my family, Ive decided to retire as a player and move on to a new chapter," Biron wrote on his verified Twitter account. "Thank you all for your support." Biron went 230-191-52 with a 2.61 goals-against average and .910 save percentage in 508 games with the Buffalo Sabres, Philadelphia Flyers, New York Islanders and Rangers. He gave up nine goals on 38 shots in two appearances this season before being waived. Biron, a native of Lac-Saint-Charles, Que., played three seasons in the QMJHL for the Beauport Harfangs and the Hull Olympiques. He was the 16th overall pick of the Sabres in 1995 and started there until he was displaced by Ryan Miller and requested a trade. He spent two-plus seasons with the Flyers before going to the Islanders and then serving as Henrik Lundqvists backup on the Rangers. Biron missed the start of training camp to attend to a personal situation. Not long after he arrived, the Rangers released veteran goalie Johan Hedberg from a professional tryout. His early-season struggles led to the Rangers calling up 26-year-old Cam Talbot from the AHL. New York starter Lundqvist went 2-4-0 with a 3.45 goals-against average and .890 save percentage in his first seven appearances. Birons retirement brought an outpouring of support on social media, from current and former teammates including Rangers defenceman Michael Del Zotto and forward Brian Boyle, Philadelphia Flyers assistant coach Ian Laperriere and Phoenix Coyotes enforcer Paul Bissonnette. Terrelle Pryor Jersey . -- Masahiro Tanaka knows that first appearance in a spring training game for the New York Yankees will be scrutinized. John Riggins Jersey . He even addressed his group of relievers Sunday morning. Dustin McGowan made those worries a nonfactor, at least for a day. McGowan pitched three-hit ball for seven innings, Colby Rasmus hit a grand slam and Melky Cabrera added a two-run homer as the Blue Jays beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 7-2. http://www.theredskinsshoponline.com/Youth-Sean-Taylor-Redskins-Jersey/ . The 40-year-old midfielder was put in charge on Tuesday when David Moyes reign ended after 10 months with the defending champions in seventh place in the English Premier League.TAMPA, Fla. -- When the Tampa Bay Lightning defence left Dale Weise alone in front of the net for his Game 1 overtime winner, it was clear they didnt know he was once considered an offensive superstar. In the NHL, the Montreal Canadiens forward is a fourth-line grinder, but in a previous job he was no stranger to scoring goals. During last years lockout, Weise had 22 goals and 26 assists in 19 games for the Tilburg Trappers in the Netherlands. "Has anybody scored at that clip anywhere?" Weise said, leading to answers like Sidney Crosby and Wayne Gretzky. "Yeah, thats about it." Weise was the only NHL player to ever appear in the Eredivisie, the countrys top hockey league, earning the nickname "Dutch Gretzky" back in North America. That made the 25-year-old a star in the Netherlands, with people lining up for his autograph and Weise being unable to go to the grocery store without drawing attention. "It was awesome," Weise said Friday. "It meant a lot that I made that big of an impact on people in such a short time. "I gained as much from them as they did from me. There were great people there." Weises experience in the Netherlands mightve prepared him for some of the spotlight he got for being the playoff overtime hero. But he got a new cell number a couple of months ago so the onslaught of text messages wasnt as substantial as it mightve been. The goal itself was something Weise had scored countless times before, just fooling around in practice. In doing it for real, the Winnipeg native channelled a Hockey Hall of Famer. "I knew I was wide open and I saw it coming to me and my eyes got real big," Weise said. "I knew I wasnt going to miss frrom there. Kirk Cousins Jersey. "I got down on one leg, the old Brett Hull, and I just ripped it." Fans in Tilburg saw it plenty of times, too. Weise was a fan favourite there, in part because of his dominant play but also because he became part of the community. "The way it works is a lot of guys on the team had jobs in the morning, so they would go do that and then wed practise in the afternoon," Weise recalled. "I had nothing to do, so they had a lot of childrens camps, so I pretty much went there every day. "My wife would go to the gym and it was right by the rink so Id just go and hang out with the kids. It was awesome. They loved it. It was a great experience." Life in the NHL is much different. Hockey for most players in the Netherlands was a hobby, he said, while this is the biggest stage. Weise, who grew up a Montreal fan and "probably scored that goal a million times in my driveway," said he didnt take any time consider his place in franchise history. "I went home and kind of forget about it," he said. Itll take some time to forget about Weise, even as the series progresses through Game 2 on Friday night and beyond. But whats most memorable for him is not just one goal but how getting traded from the Vancouver Canucks to Montreal gave him another opportunity. "I just feel like my career got rejuvenated," he said. "The coaches here believe in me, theyve had nothing but good things to say about me and look at the amount we were playing in overtime. "Its a coach that has some trust in me and that just instills confidence in me. I just feel like every game I play with this team I continue to build confidence and get better." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor