CHICAGO -- Edwin Jackson wanted to leave the mound on his own terms. [url=http://www.authenticjetsfanatic.com/c-39-jets-marcus-w

in Quasselecke 22.12.2017 06:07
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Edwin Jackson wanted to leave the mound on his own terms. Marcus Williams Jersey . Jackson struck out 11 in seven innings and Welington Castillo hit a two-run double to lead the Chicago Cubs to a 3-0 win over the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday. Jackson (3-3) had his best outing for the Cubs since signing a four-year, $52 million deal before the 2013 season. The right-hander allowed four hits and walked one. He struck out the side in the first and struck out Elian Herrera to end the fifth for his 10th strikeout. He finished his outing by striking out Jeff Bianchi on 95 mph fastball. Jackson received a visit from manager Rick Renteria after giving up an 0-2 single to Jean Segura with one out in the seventh, but Jackson persuaded Renteria to let him finish the inning. "He wanted it. I didnt say a whole lot," Renteria said. "He said, I got this." "I definitely wanted to let him know I wanted to finish that inning," Jackson said. "I had just given up an 0-2 hit from not executing a pitch, but I just wanted to let him know I felt good, and I felt confident that I can go out and finish the inning. He heard me, he listen to me, I guess he heard the conviction. I was glad to walk off the field on my own." That wasnt always the case in 2013 when Jackson lost 18 games. "I felt comfortable last year, last year, I just didnt get the job done," Jackson said. Hector Rondon pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save in four opportunities. Starlin Castro had an RBI double for the last-place Cubs, who won just for the third time in 13 games. Milwaukee starter Matt Garza (2-4) was tagged for three runs on four hits. The former Cub had his second straight start that he allowed three runs in the first inning. Garza said he did not have extra adrenaline in his first start at Wrigley since being traded by the Cubs last season to the Texas Rangers. "Nope. I told you guys the first time; its just another game," Garza said. "It stinks the way it turned out, but theres no more or less emotion. Every time I go out there I go out there the same way." The right-hander did rebound by not allowing a hit until a leadoff single by Anthony Rizzo in the sixth inning. He struck out seven and walked one. Milwaukee leadoff hitter Carlos Gomez was a late scratch from the Brewers lineup because of lower back tightness. He was due back Saturday after serving a three-game suspension for his actions in a bench-clearing incident against the Pittsburgh Pirates on April 20. Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun was loudly booed before his first at-bat in the first inning. Braun played in his first game at Wrigley Field since serving 65-game suspension last season for his involvement with the Biogenesis drug scandal. The Cubs didnt waste any time testing Garzas fielding ability. Emilio Bonifacio led off the first with a perfectly placed bunt that Garza wasnt able to reach in time to have a chance to throw out Bonifacio at first. Bonifacio later scored on Castros double. With two outs, Castillo lined a double down the left field line to score Castro and Nate Schierholtz to take a 3-0 lead. "Of course, Im frustrated, man," Garza said. "What do you think, Im happy? Its the worst freaking start of my career, dude. Yeah, Im frustrated. I hate this, this feeling. "So its keep grinding and keep getting ready every five days. Thats about all I can do," he said. NOTES: Brewers RHP Jim Henderson (shoulder inflammation) is on the DL and scheduled to throw a bullpen session on Sunday. Hes eligible to come off the DL Sunday, but no word when he might return. ... Braun is playing with a right oblique strain and is less than 100 per cent, but manager Ron Roenicke said he likes having a limited Braun in the lineup because Aramis Ramirez (strained left hamstring) is out. "With Aramis now out of there, it would be really tough (playing without Braun). And Ryan, hes good even when hes not 100 per cent," said Roenicke. ... Highly touted Cubs prospect Javier Baez is struggling in Triple-A Iowa. In 29 games, the shortstop is hitting .145 with three home runs and 11 RBIs. Hes also committed seven errors. Marcus Maye Jersey . - Loosening up for their first training camp practice, the Miami Dolphins high-stepped sideways up and down the field while House of Pains song "Jump Around" blared on the loudspeakers. Bruce Carter Jersey .com) - Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki was named the National League Player of the Month for April. http://www.authenticjetsfanatic.com/c-49-jets-james-carpenter-jersey.aspx .com) - Colorado may be ahead of the Vancouver Canucks in the Western Conference standings, but they are a club that the Avalanche may want to avoid in the playoffs.ROME -- Canadian Daniel Nestor and Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic reached the doubles final of the Italian Open on Saturday as they beat top-seeded Bob and Mike Bryan for the second week in a row, advancing 7-6 (3), 4-6, 12-10. The sixth-seeded pair, who beat the Americans last week in the Madrid Masters final, needed one hour 39 minutes to complete the semifinal victory at the Foro Italico. "Today we were fortunate," said Nestor. "It was a tight match with both teams playing well. We both had chances but we found a way to win today. "It seems that against the Bryans right now, we can play our best against them when we have to." Nestor and Zimonjic will play an unseeded duo on Sunday. Robin Haase of the Netherlands and Spains Feliciano Lopez were to play Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic in the late semifinal. Either way, it will be a first career meeting for the veteran duo of Nestor and Zimonjic. "Both teams are very danngerous, and weve struggled against teams we dont know much about," said Nestor. Jalin Marshall Jersey. "We need to come to the court ready to play every point and not be satisfied with whats been going on for the last few weeks. "Our goal is to play well. If they are too good, well they are too good. If not, then we win a second title in a row." In the match tiebreak, Nestor and Zimonjic took a 6-3 lead only to give up three straight points. The Bryans blew a match point before Nestors team claimed victory on their second match point. The Canadian and his partner have won 26 titles as a team, including victories at Sydney and Madrid this season. They lost finals in Dubai and Barcelona. Nestor also won the Brisbane title alongside Mariusz Fyrstenberg of Poland in the opening week of the season. The Canadian is third with 84 career titles, trailing Mike Bryan (100) and Bob Bryan (98). The 41-year-old Canadian will be playing in his 140th career doubles final. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor