y elsewhere in the league. Whether its rebuilding or restructuring, the Riders are prepared to undergo some retooling.

in Quasselecke 22.12.2017 06:06
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

Santa Clara, CA - Erick Torres notched his 11th goal of the season on Wednesday and it was enough to lead Chivas USA to a 1-0 win over the San Jose Earthquakes at Buck Shaw Stadium. Jayon Brown Jersey . Torres struck in the 53rd minute after San Jose was unable to clear a cross Mauro Rosales, while Dan Kennedy and the Chivas defense made the goal hold up to give the Goats seven points from their last three matches. San Jose, meanwhile, has now lost three straight games by a 1-0 score, and the team will be happy to get forward Chris Wondolowski back from World Cup duty as soon as possible. Yannick Djalo was the most dangerous man on the field for either side in the first half as he forced Kennedy into a decent save after 15 minutes before narrowly missing the near post with a well-struck volley shortly before the break. Chivas didnt muster a lot in the attacking third in the first half, but the breakthrough came in the 53rd when Torres pounced on a clearance attempt from a Rosales cross to beat goalkeeper Jon Busch. San Jose had chances to equalize over the final 10 minutes, yet Kennedy denied a good header from Ty Harden before surviving close calls from Djalo and Jean- Baptiste Pierazzi, whose rebound attempt on a scramble in front of goal was blocked by the Chivas defense. Marco Delgado wasted an opportunity to put the match away in the closing minutes for Chivas after being set up by Leandro Barrera as he fired the ball over an open net, although the mistake didnt prove costly. Brice McCain Jersey . "There are a lot of things that are going very well in this organization. Im not coming in here to rip things apart," Nicholson told reporters Friday. "I know what Hockey Canada was when I started, and I know where this (Oilers) organization is today. Brett Kern Jersey . Its the second of three meetings between these teams this season. Vancouver was a 2-1 winner on home ice December 22nd. http://www.footballtitansfanatic.com/authentic-ryan-succop-titans-jersey/ .J. Hardy finally got in on the fun Saturday, against a likely opponent.REGINA - The atmosphere in the Saskatchewan Roughriders locker-room Tuesday was in sharp contrast to the jubilant scene at the end of last season. A year ago, the Roughriders celebrated winning the Grey Cup at home for the first time in franchise history. This time they were cleaning out their lockers in a sombre mood two days after an 18-10 loss to the Edmonton Eskimos in the West Division semifinal. With the Roughriders falling short of their goal to repeat as Grey Cup champions, the team is promising changes will be made this off-season. That means some of the players will see their time with the Roughriders end in disappointment. It sucks. I dont know how else to say it, said offensive lineman Brendon LaBatte. Even after last year you knew there were going to be changes. You knew you were seeing guys for the last time unless you end up playing against them in the future. And for some guys, this is the end of the road. It sucks to end it on this note, too. As was the case a year ago, the Riders face an off-season that is sure to be loaded with difficult decisions when it comes to coaching staff changes and player personnel. The Riders have 27 players eligible to file for free agency on Feb. 15, and several on that list are marquee talents, though a handful of those players are 30 years or older. I like the guys that we have on our team as far as age goes, head coach Corey Chamblin told the media. There are some pieces that will be retooled. Some guys will be let go in free agency and we wont sign because maybe they dont fit the plan going forward. Some of these guys have different mindsets from what they want for the 2015 season. There are some things that we cant give them, whether that would be money or a position or whatever they may want. Two of the Riders four starting defensive lineman — 32-year-old Ricky Foley and 31-year-old Tearrius George — are eligible for free agency. That duo combined for 24 sacks in 2014 in leading the Riders to a 10-8 record and a third-place West Division finish in the regular season. Also on that list are starting safety Tyron Brackenridge (30) and linebacker Brian Peters. Brackenridge had 11 tackles and an interception on Sunday and was a West Division all-star for the second straight year. Peters led the Riders in tackles this season with 78 and special teams tackles with 20. Cornerback Tristan Jackson, who also starred as a special teams returner, also is a free agent. He led the league in combined return yards with 1,531. On offence, the biggest name on the free agent list will be Weston Dressler, who will turn 30 during the off-seasoon. Logan Ryan Jersey. . He signed a one-year deal with the Riders in August after he was cut from the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs. At the time, Dressler didnt rule out testing his luck down south in 2015. He confirmed those feelings again on Tuesday. Im not going to commit one way or the other, he said. I dont think the smartest thing to do right now would be to shut any doors. Ill take it day by day and see what kind of opportunities are out there for me. Elsewhere, the Riders playmakers arent getting any younger. Dressler, along with slotback Chris Getzlaf (31) and wideout Taj Smith (31) are all over 30 and dealt with injuries this past season. Forty-one year old quarterback Kerry Joseph, who was coaxed out of retirement in October, said after Sundays loss that his playing career is over. He threw five interceptions in the game against Edmonton. Starting quarterback Darian Durant is 32 and is still recovering from surgery on right elbow. He signed a contract extension in April that runs through 2016. Durant plans to rest and rehab in the near future and is dedicated to coming to training camp fully recovered. Theres no need for me to go out and push it and try to throw and do those different things, he said. I can just sit back and go through therapy and let (his elbow) heal so I can begin my regular lifting program. Its all about downtime and making sure my arm is 100 per cent as quickly as possible. The Riders raced out to an 8-2 start behind a healthy Durant. But the star quarterback tore a tendon in his right elbow on Sept. 7 in a game versus the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the team, especially the offence, never recovered. We sputtered too much too often, Dressler said. We didnt generate enough drives and give ourselves a lot of opportunities to make plays. We never got into the flow. After Darian went down, we never found that energy, that consistency throughout an entire game. We had spurts but it wasnt consistent. Chamblin plans to meet with general manager Brendan Taman to discuss potential free agents on the Riders roster and who might become available through free agency elsewhere in the league. Whether its rebuilding or restructuring, the Riders are prepared to undergo some retooling. I think we were really close this year, Dressler said. Maybe a couple of guys here and there with a little more experience and a little more of that veteran leadership may have made a difference. Its hard to say. You want to keep that continuity in the locker room but you also want to have the right guys in place. I dont get paid to make those decisions, so well see what happens. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor