least $6 million, so Arum ended the talks. Broner then lashed o

in Quasselecke 09.12.2017 12:03
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Xavier Sneed scored 16 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Kansas State to a 72-54 win over Boston College in the first game of the Barclays Center Classic on Friday night in New York.Dean Wade and Barry Brown added 11 points apiece as Kansas State improved to 5-0.Ky Bowman led Boston College with 13 points. Connor Tava and Jerome Robinson finished with 11 each.The third meeting between the ACC and Big 12 programs-and the first in regular season play-was not especially competitive.Kansas State used a 11-2 run spanning 6:47 in the first half to take control. The run began with Isaiah Maurices jumper at 7:27 which tied the game 7-7, and was culminated by Wades dunk with 5:46 left in the half. By that point, the Wildcats had an 18-9 lead that they would not relinquish.The Wildcats led 31-22 at halftime and limited the Eagles to 29.2 percent shooting from the field in the first and 33.3 percent for the game.Boston College committed 14 turnovers in the first half and 21 for the game, with Sneeds steal and breakaway jam midway through the second half underscoring Kansas States prowess in turning turnovers into points.Sneeds jam put the Wildcats up 47-35, and from there the Eagles never seriously threatened Kansas State.The Wildcats finished the game shooting 45.4 percent from the field.BIG PICTUREBoston College: After starting the season with four games against small programs, the Eagles took on a major conference squad in Kansas State and were found to be significantly lacking. Was it an isolated moment or is Jim Christians team headed for its third-straight losing season?Kansas State: The Wildcats first game against a major conference opponent could not have been scripted better as Kansas State maintained its early first half lead for the remainder of the game.POLL IMPLICATIONSBoston College: The loss ended the Eagles three-game winning streak, and probably put to rest any hopes Boston College could break into the Top 25.Kansas State: Despite a complete performance in beating Boston College, Kansas State is probably not going to move into the Top 25.NOTABLEBoston College: Nic Popovic was tended to by a trainer as he lay on the court after being inadvertently elbowed by Kansas States D.J. Johnson early in the first half.Kansas State: Friday nights game was Kansas States second at the Barclays Center.UP NEXTBoston College: Will meet the loser of the of the Maryland/Richmond game Saturday.Kansas State: Will meet the winner of the of the Maryland/Richmond game Saturday. Wholesale Pirates Jerseys . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. Pirates Jerseys From China . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. http://www.cheappiratesjerseyschina.com/ . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. Youth Pirates Jerseys . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Discount Pirates Jerseys . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. Now that Manny Pacquiao plans to do what we all figured he would do eventually -- come out of a brief retirement -- the question is: Who should the all-time great fight?Although he is 37, Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 KOs) looked superb in his last outing, a unanimous decision against Timothy Bradley Jr. in their entirely unnecessary third meeting on April 9. Top Rank chairman Bob Arum admittedly lost a ton of money on the fight (perhaps upwards of $10 million) because very few wanted to see it for a third time; it tanked on HBO PPV relative to what it cost to put on.According to Arum and Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz, boxings only eight-division titleholder will make his likely comeback on Oct. 29 or Nov. 5 (HBO PPV) in Las Vegas as he juggles boxing and his duties as a newly elected senator in the Philippines. There are several potential opponents, several of which would be interesting, especially since Arum insists he and longtime enemy Al Haymon are willing to make fights together in the wake of the recent settlement of the $100 million lawsuit Arum brought against him last year.Before I get to my wish list of Pacquiao opponents, a few things:Arum better not make a fourth fight with Bradley or he might have to fight me on the undercard!OK, I know he wont do that because I am quite certain he is not in the mood to lose another fortune.I am ruling out a fifth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez, who has said repeatedly he is not interested and he also might wind up facing Miguel Cotto this fall anyway.I am also not including Floyd Mayweather because even if a rematch of the richest fight in history happens someday, there is virtually zero chance it will be this year.So heres my Pacman wish list for this falls probable fight:1. Keith Thurman (27-0, 22 KOs): This would be a great fight and a serious challenge for Pacquiao. Thurman is young, powerful and filled with confidence after his rousing fight of the year contender, a decision win to retain his welterweight belt against Shawn Porter on June 25. Thurmans profile, while not huge yet, is as big as it has ever been after the Porter fight brought in a good audience on CBS in prime time. This is a fight that would require Arum and Haymon to work together, but Arum says its possible. If so, this match would be an outstanding place to start. I love this fight.2. Terence Crawford (28-0, 20 KOs): Crawford, a junior welterweight titleholder, was one of the finalists to land the April fight with Pacquiao that went to Bradleey.dddddddddddd Crawford is skilled, tenacious and an underrated puncher. I think this would be a fascinating fight and one that perhaps could signal a changing of the guard within Top Rank from its old star Pacquiao to its young one in Crawford. Arum mentioned to me that if he did make this fight, its possible that Pacquiao would drop from welterweight to junior welterweight to challenge for Crawfords title. Of course, for there to be a prayer of this happening, Crawford will have to defeat Viktor Postol in their unification fight on July 23 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.3. Danny Garcia (32-0, 18 KOs): He could use a big-name opponent, for a change, and this would fit the bill. Garcia won a vacant welterweight belt in January, so Pacquiao would have a chance for yet another title. More important, I think this would be a terrific fight stylistically. Garcia would be the big underdog but he has been an underdog many times yet always has found a way to win. This is another fight that would require Arum and Haymon to work together.4. Adrien Broner (32-2, 24 KOs): This was the fight Arum said he and Haymon were working on until Broner, a former four-division titlist, priced himself out of the fight. Im told Broner was seeking at least $6 million, so Arum ended the talks. Broner then lashed out at Arum on social media with a few choice words we cant print on this website. However, perhaps Broner will come to his senses and they can work out the money. Love him or hate him, Broner would bring spice to a promotion as the villain in this fight. In the ring, it could also be a fun one.5. Jessie Vargas (27-1, 10 KOs): Vargas was supposed to face Kell Brook in a welterweight title unification fight in September, but the deal fell apart. Brook will instead move up to challenge middleweight titlist Gennady Golovkin, and Vargas was left out in the cold. But Arum said he would find something for his young titleholder, who fought the best fight of his life on March 5 when he knocked out Sadam Ali in the ninth round to claim a vacant belt. A Pacquiao fight might just fit the bill. Vargas does not have the public profile of the others but he is a good fighter and could make things interesting. That said, I think this fight on pay-per-view would be a commercial disaster and I dont think Arum has the stomach for another big money loser. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor