month.We had a very young looking side and a

in Quasselecke 09.12.2017 05:47
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

CHICAGO -- Chris Sale got his groove back, but he didnt get a win.The White Sox ace struck out a season-high 14, but was outpitched by Felix Hernandez and the Seattle bullpen, and the Mariners ended a three-game skid Friday night by beating Chicago 3-1.Hernandez (9-4) improved to 5-0 in eight starts since returning from the disabled list, throwing 7 1/3 innings of one-run ball. Sale (15-7) gave up five hits and walked none in his fifth complete game of the season. He retired the final 16 batters, striking out 10 of them.No Seattle hitter reached base after Adam Lind doubled in the Mariners third run with two outs in the fourth inning.After the fourth, I found like a good cruising speed, Sale said. I had good tempo.I felt like I got into a pretty good groove. I just tried to lengthen it as much as I could, fill up as many innings as I could and give us a chance to win, Sale said.Sale struck out six straight in the sixth and seventh innings, one shy of Joe Cowleys team record.Still, Sale is just 1-5 in his last eights starts. He was 14-2 after winning at Houston on July 2.I guess it looks good on paper, Sale said, but you want to come out on top in a game like that, no doubt.Franklin Gutierrez hit a solo home run. Todd Fraziers 32nd home run in the seventh was one of eight hits off Hernandez until he left with the bases loaded.Hernandez, a six-time All-Star, entered leading the AL in ERA (2.95) since 2012. Sale, a five-time All-Star, was tops in that period in strikeouts (1,065).Both guys pitched great, White Sox manager Robin Ventura said. You got a couple solo homers that cancel each other out and they just executed better when they got the chance.Sale started for the AL in the All-Star Game this year after Hernandez did in 2015.I know Im facing Sale and hes a great pitcher and its going to be a tough game, Hernandez said. We scored those three runs and the bullpen was a little tired, so I needed to go deep in the game.Gutierrez sent Sales 97 mph fastball into the seats in right-center in the second and the Mariners added another run on a double play in the third.Nelson Cruz singled and scored on Linds double in the fourth.The White Sox hit into two double plays and had two players picked off first before Frazier homered.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: 3B Kyle Seager (foot) missed a third straight game, but said he was definitely getting better and was expected back Saturday. Manager Scott Servais said when Seager returns theyll switch out a position player for a 12th pitcher. We do need the extra arm, Servais said. You cant carry what were carrying right now for too many days.White Sox: C Alex Avila (hamstring) was activated off the disabled list to replace C Dioner Navarro, who was traded to Toronto. ..LF Melky Cabrera (sick) missed a second straight game. It looks like hell be fine for tomorrow, manager Robin Ventura said.UP NEXTChicagos Jose Quintana (10-9), holder of the ALs third-best ERA at 2.84, faces fellow LHP Ariel Miranda (1-0, 5.49) on Saturday night. Andy Greene Jersey . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Jesper Bratt Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. http://www.authentichockeyshopdevils.com/adidas+drew+stafford+devils+jersey .C. -- Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Bobcats got off to a fast start, and the Sacramento Kings were never quite able to catch up. Jimmy Hayes Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Joseph Blandisi Jersey .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. New Zealands Silver Ferns arent concerned scrapping the trans-Tasman competition will compromise their prospects of regaining world netball supremacy from Australia.Both countries will run a domestic league next year, reducing the amount of times players from the sports top two nations will face each other.I think ita a bit of a shame that we are unable to get that exposure and come up against the Aussies a lot more than if we did have the competition still running, but it is what is, Silver Ferns midcourter Grace Rasmussen told AAP on Friday.Australian teams dominated the trans-Tasman competition winning it in eight of its nine years and winning a clear majority of games against their kiwi rivals.Rasmussen is adamant the reduced exposure to Australian opposition wont hurt New Zealand.I think it will work both ways, Rasmussen said on Friday in Sydney, where the first of the four-Test Constellation Cup series between the two nations will be played on Sunday.It will be harder for them obviously noot coming up against our style of play and vice versa.ddddddddddddI dont think it will be biased to any one side.Australia produced a late burst of goals to beat New Zealand by five in their most recent meeting in last months Quad Series decider in Melbourne.Rasmussen said New Zealand extracted some positives from that loss.Getting quite a few of our newbies out there on court to really experience the pressure thats required coming up against the Aussies, that was definitely a bonus, Rasmussen said.New Zealand followed up with a 3-0 home series sweep of Jamaica last month.We had a very young looking side and a new dynamic to the team, but I think everyone has taken their opportunities and were feeling really positive, Rasmussen said.Now weve got the foundations right and its just a matter of building from what we achieved throughout the Quad Series and Jamaica series. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor