dge 2,300 four-year college scholarships, at a cost of

in Quasselecke 09.12.2017 05:34
von riluowanying123 • 1.959 Beiträge

SANDUSKY, Ohio -- LeBron James elaborated Tuesday on the call for social change he delivered at last months ESPYS.Myself and my brothers Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony -- you guys probably have heard of those guys, James told the crowd at an event hosted by his LeBron James Family Foundation at Cedar Point amusement park. We just talked about how we felt and the state that America is in, but more importantly, what I wanted to talk about is the state of community.I believe in order for us to ultimately be as great as we can be as a nation that all of us have to go back into our communities and lend our hand. It starts brick by brick. It starts person by person. Family by family. Kid by kid.James took the stage during the finishing notes of a live performance of The Man by pop musician Aloe Blacc. James introduction was preceded by a video showing other luminaries who have ventured to northeast Ohio because of the Cleveland Cavaliers star, including Michelle Obama and Skylar Grey.Just using our resources, using our strength, using everything that weve been able to do to just build up these communities, James continued. Thats why Im excited to be up here right now, because with the help of my foundation and with the help of everyone that gives us so much leeway to do what we want to do, were able to do that and give back to these young kids because we all know that theyre our future. We have to understand that.James foundation hosted more than 5,000 of its students and families at the event, an annual get-together it refers to as the We Are Family Reunion. All of the participants at the event wore bright orange T-shirts with We Are Family printed across the front in big white block letters.His foundation, now in its sixth year, teamed with the University of Akron last summer to pledge 2,300 four-year college scholarships, at a cost of more than $80 million, to students who enroll in and complete an education program.On Tuesday, James welcomed the newest members of his I Promise campaign.The biggest shoutout: I got our new third-graders coming into our program next year, James said.In addition to Blaccs surprise appearance and James speech, the families were treated to a day full of rides at the park, including food and transportation. Selected members of the program were invited on stage to represent the foundations view of a proper support-system hierarchy, starting at child and building to parent, family, neighborhood, school, school system, university, Akron community, northeast Ohio, state, country and the world.If you can change one child, one college degree and one future at a time, you can change the world, said a narrator in the video accompanying the presentation.James, who signed a three-year, $100 million extension with the Cavaliers last week, joked that he would try out some of the parks rides because, I signed my contract, so Im actually OK to do that now.He also used the occasion to remind the crowd of the Cavs epic comeback from a 3-1 deficit to win the NBA Finals over the Golden State Warriors in June.This is always the greatest night for myself, James said of the annual event. I mean, another great night was in Golden State. Game 7. Yeah, that night wasnt too bad. That was a pretty good night too, but this night right here trumps it all. Authentic Cardinals Jerseys . -- Derrick Rose shook off poor shooting early to hit clutch shots late and Carlos Boozer had 20 points and 13 rebounds to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 104-95 preseason victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday night. Cardinals Jerseys Outlet . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. http://www.cheapstlouiscardinalsjerseyschina.com/ . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Cardinals Jerseys From China . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. Youth Cardinals Jerseys .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia -- Kuwait will be removed from the 2019 Asian Cup if it is still suspended by FIFA on Dec. 18.The Asian Football Confederation set the deadline Friday, giving Kuwait three weeks to resolve a government-imposed law affecting the independence of national sports bodies.The dispute involves ruling family politics linked to Olympic powerbroker and FIFA Council member Sheik Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah.FIFA suspended the Kuwait Football Association in October 2015 when the national team was midway through a 2018 World Cup qualifying group. Despite Kuwait forfeiting three matches, it still ffinished third in a five-team group and advanced to an Asian Cup qualifying group stage.ddddddddddddThe AFC wants clarity one month before making the 24-team draw in January.The 2019 Asian Cup will be in the United Arab Emirates.Kuwaits national Olympic committee has also been suspended by the IOC since last year for breaching rules that prohibit government interference.Kuwait athletes competed at the Rio de Janeiro Olympic under the Olympic flag and not as a national team. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor