with the doctors her

in Quasselecke 10.02.2020 11:10
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

Dwight Gooden said in a radio interview Monday that he was reevaluating his relationship with Darryl Strawberry because of his former New York Mets teammates recent comments that the former All-Star pitcher was a complete junkie-addict.The Darryl thing hurt me a lot because I had just thought we reestablished our relationship, Gooden told The Joe Piscopo Show.I forgave him for a lot of stuff. I never threw him under the bus, never said anything about him publicly. For him to say that stuff, you have to draw a line somewhere and I guess do a better choice of picking friends.Gooden issued a statement later Monday in sharp criticism of Strawberry, calling out his former teammate for repeatedly making our differences personal, going back to our days with the Mets.I had hoped we could keep these differences between us, his statement read, while also vehemently denying Strawberrys allegations hes using cocaine. But Darryl could not manage to do that. I am sorry for his inability to show more character and strength. While I was there for him, he obviously was never there for me.Strawberry told ESPN Radio on Monday night that he is trying not to take Goodens verbal jabs personally, saying people in Goodens camp are pleased that someone finally stood up and said something about his issues and his struggles.I just felt like I needed to do this, Strawberry said in the interview. And regardless what anybody else thinks or they can call me whatever they want to call me. As long Ive known in my heart that I stepped up to do the right thing to help this man try to save his life, maybe just one day if he gets there and gets a recovery and realizes how good he is, he can come back and say thank you, you helped save my life. Strawberry said he is convinced Gooden has relapsed into the drug use that derailed his playing career.Hes very good at BSing, hes very good at blowing smoke up peoples behinds and telling them what he wants them to hear, Strawberry said. If he wants to get well hes going to have to get real. Because this is crunch time for him. This is public for him. Everyone knows that Im telling the truth.The duo, who were the subject of ESPNs 30 for 30 documentary Doc & Darryl, were recently scheduled to make a joint public appearance, but Gooden was a no-show.Hes a complete junkie-addict, Strawberry told New York Daily News about Gooden. Ive been trying behind the scenes to talk to him and get him to go for help, but he wont listen.Strawberry told the newspaper that Goodens son called him to help his father before he dies.Dwight Gooden Jr.?issued a statement to the Daily News on Sunday night, saying between the death of Goodens mother last month and his fathers work schedule, he has been under an extraordinary amount of stress, pressure and above all sadness. Gooden Jr. said his father was planning on taking a break from the spotlight to rest and regroup and address his health and that will be pushed up.Gooden, after Strawberry and others expressed concern for him following his no-show at last weeks event, sent a text to the Daily News that read: I am fine, just finishing up some minor health issues.Gooden on Monday again said he was OK.Everythings good, he said in the radio interview. I am healthy. I dont have a drug problem. I mean, I am an addict ... that dont mean Im an active addict.Doc & Darryl, which debuted on ESPN last month, featured the two talking in depth about their rise to stardom as the Mets won the 1986 World Series, and then their downward spirals as each battled addictions.ESPNs Adam Rubin contributed to this report. Air Force 1 Italia . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. Air Force 1 Alte Victorious Minotaur . Louis. To which I would say two things: 1. Where there is smoke, there is or perhaps has been a little fire. Or, in other words, the two teams would appear to have at least spoken. And spoken is defined as one calling the other to inquire, no more, no less. http://www.airforce1outletitalia.it/scontate-air-force-1-mid-just-do-it.html . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. Air Force 1 Outlet Italia . - Levi Browns tenure at left tackle for the Pittsburgh Steelers is over before it even began. Lunar Force 1 Italia . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level.BOSTON -- Red Sox closer Joel Hanrahan needs season-ending surgery on his right forearm, which will be require a recovery time of six-to-nine months. The 31-year old right-hander said Saturday the operation likely will be performed by Dr. James Andrews, probably next week. "After talking with the doctors here and going down to see Dr. Andrews, he confirmed what the doctors here thought," Hanrahan said in Bostons clubhouse. "Im going to have to get surgery to repair my flexor tendon. Its something that, after hearing the doctors here, its something I kind of prepared for. He just reaffirmed those. Im going to get it done next week and start the process of getting healthy." Hanrahan walked off the mound in the ninth inning of Mondays 6-5, 11-inning win over Minnesota after throwing a pitch. Obtained froom Pittsburgh in an off-season trade, the two-time All-Star is making $7.dddddddddddd4 million this year and is eligible for free agency after the World Series. He is 0-1 with a 9.82 ERA in nine games and was on the disabled list from April 14 to May 7 with a strained right hamstring. During his brief stint with the Red Sox, he conveted four of six save chances. Now, hes hoping that its only the forearm that needs surgery -- and not a elbow ligament-replacement operation, as well. "Hell look at that when hes in there. The MRI said it looked pretty good," Hanrahan said. "Nobody wants to just do Tommy John for fun. Hes going to go in and look and see if thats something that needs to be done or not. As of now, it doesnt need to be. But once he gets his eyes on it, hell have a better idea." ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor