ainst Miami, Fisher was also upset about what he thought were several late hits on Francois, who also had to leave that gam

in Quasselecke 10.02.2020 11:10
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Cleveland Indians might be in first place in the American League Central, but that doesnt mean their clicking on all cylinders.The offense has seen to that. Fridays 12-1 win snapped a four-game stretch for the Indians in which they scored either one or zero runs in all four games. It was the first time thats happened since 2011.Despite the ugly numbers, theres no panic for the Indians as they showed Friday night in scoring their most runs in two weeks. And they have a chance to get things going Saturday too when they face a struggling Texas starter in right-hander A.J. Griffin (5-3).The Indians are confident in an offense that still ranks second in the AL in runs scored and is fifth in the majors in total runs and runs per game.You keep working, said Cleveland second baseman Jason Kipnis, who went 2-for-5 with an RBI double in the third inning Friday. Its a tough time of year because you dont want to overwork. You want to save whatever energy you have for the game, so you find a nice little balance between the two. I wouldnt be surprised if we come out of it (the slump) here soon. Were going to get back to the basics of good lines and putting it in play.The Indians offensive slide coincided with strong play from Detroit and Kansas City in the Central, but the Indians still lead the division by 4 1/2 games over the Tigers.That should make for a tight September, and the Indians welcome that.Its going to be a fun month of September, Kipnis said. Thats what we want it to be. We want to have some important games, and were going to get that. Weve got the lead right now. Weve had some stretches where we havent played that well, and they still havent caught us. These are all big games now.Saturdays game could be a big one for Griffin too. Over his last eight starts, the right-hander has a 6.69 ERA and will be charged with trying to keep the Indians in their offensive malaise.If he cant do that, his rotation days could be numbered. Rehabbing starter Colby Lewis is eyeing a return to the rotation in early September. With Yu Darvish, Cole Hamels, Derek Holland and Martin Perez entrenched in the rotation, that could leave Griffin the odd man out when Lewis returns.Griffin isnt thinking about that though. Hes looking to build off a start against Tampa Bay in which he allowed three runs in 5 2/3 innings in an 8-2 loss.Hes doing so while feeling good about where hes at physically.Ive kind of hit my stride a little bit more and the body is bouncing back, and Im able to go out there and throw the ball the way I want for my allotted pitches, Griffin said. I feel pretty good. Just keeping my body the way I want it to be and go out there with a positive attitude. Shoes Outlet Store . "Jeff is a hard worker who was an important special-teams contributor for us last season," said Stamps GM John Hufnagel. Air Max 97 Store . -- In one brief spurt, Brazil turned a close game into a rout and proved again it will be a strong World Cup favourite. http://www.cheapshoesstorewholesale.com/yeezy-boost-350-v3-online-outlet.html . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Air Max 90 Store Near Me . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. Nike Basketball Shoes Store . The defending champion beat Gael Monfils of France 7-6 (6), 6-3, while second-seeded Andy Murray of Britain dispatched Edouard Roger-Vasselin, also of France, 6-3, 6-3. Making his first appearance since injuring his wrist a month ago, Del Potro had difficulty with his service games in the first set. TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher wants stiffer penalties for late hits on quarterbacks in light of the blows that?Deondre Francois has taken the past few weeks.I say this all the time: I think we got to do a better job -- Im not talking about just in here but in college football -- of protecting the quarterback when theyre vulnerable making throws and taking shots, Fisher said Monday. I think we have to do a better of job of really emphasizing like they do in pro football.Late hits need to be really, really scrutinized and maybe even more severe punishments to stop people, like we throw guys out of games for head shots. If youre going to do that and you want to protect [players] and the integrity of the game, make those penalties very severe for hitting [quarterbacks] late.Fishers comments come as Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton and his coach Ron Rivera say the NFL is missing late hits on the star.Fisher was upset Saturday night that there was not a call on a Clemson defender for targeting Francois in the fourth quarter. Fisher, who with Florida State was fined $20,000 for criticizing ACC officials, said he believed the Clemson player hit Francois in the midsection with the crown of his helmet. After the game, he called the replay official bad for not buzzing the officials so the hit could be reviewed.Francois was helped off the field and missed the next play.ddddddddddddThe redshirt freshman quarterback is banged and bruised with an ailing shoulder and neck, but Fisher said Monday that Francois is fine. Florida State will play at NC State on Saturday.Three weeks ago against Miami, Fisher was also upset about what he thought were several late hits on Francois, who also had to leave that game before returning.A couple in my opinion [against Clemson] and in other games have been very late. The worst ones he took in a couple of the other games he should have never been touched, Fisher said Monday. So how do you coach against that? [Officials] got to call it.Stopping short of asking for ejections, Fisher said hed like a severe penalty for late hits without elaborating. He said that if the NCAA and the rules committee want to prioritize player safety, quarterbacks should be viewed the same as players at other positions that are considered defenseless in certain situations.I dont know if its an ejection, but I just think a severe penalty, he said, especially as much as you throw the football today. In the old days you didnt throw the football, didnt have the number of throws and the body types and the different things going on defense with the blitzes and all the big bodies on defense like you do now. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor