eams have to drop a

in Quasselecke 10.02.2020 11:10
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Isadora Cerullo has become a celebrity around Rio, more for what happened on the sidelines of the Olympic rugby stadium than for her performances on the pitch.The stadium was largely empty after the womens rugby sevens tournament -- the first in Olympic history -- when venue manager Marjorie Enya walked onto the grass to ask Cerullo, her girl-friend, an important question: Will you marry me?As volunteers and others surrounded them and held red heart-shaped balloons, Cerullo said yes. The moment was caught on TV cameras and broadcast around the world. So for all the tackling and try-scoring, it could just be the proposal that remains among the defining moments of the tournament.People were still waving and calling out well done to Cerullo two days later outside the Deodoro Stadium on Wednesday as she stood for an interview with The Associated Press.She takes great pride in the courage it took for Enya to pop the question in such a public forum.There is actually a statistic that more athletes are coming out after what happened, and even Rio has the highest number of `out athletes ever, Cerullo said. So maybe well hear about more athletes being more comfortable, just being themselves and proud of who they are. I hope so.Cerullo started playing rugby while she was studying biology and human rights at Columbia University in New York.Her coach there, knowing Cerullos parents were from Brazil, recommended Cerullo try out for the Brazilian team, which was fielding teams in the Olympic mens and womens rugby tournaments as the host nation. She has been living in Brazil since then.And it was rugby that brought the pair together -- Enya was the manager of Brazils womens rugby sevens team when Cerullo joined the program in 2014 to prepare for the Olympics. They started dating not long after. Enya left her job at the rugby federation to take a position with the Rio 2016 organizing committee -- ensuring theyre both involved in the Olympics.The Brazilian teams were never expected to win a medal, but performed above expectations and placed a credible ninth in the 12-team womens tournament won by Australia.Cerullo believes her legacy as an Olympian, thanks to Enya as well, is significantly more important than some statistics for tackles and tries.The unexpected proposal was unbelievably special, she said, and fits with the spirit and values of the Olympics and rugby.Respect is a huge overlapping value of the two, Cerullo said. To be able to feel free, comfortable and secure in Rio, and to be able to be myself and not have to hide anything is special. Its strange that it has to be something special, but at the same time its special that were getting so much positive support.It was in stark contrast to the previous Olympics, the Winter Games in Sochi, where gay athletes and couples come under scrutiny because of Russian laws.Knowing that a lot of those athletes, seeing myself represented in those athletes, made me just really uncomfortable and upset in a lot of ways, Cerullo said. I was studying human rights at Columbia at the time, so all that wrapped into those events made it really tough.Having a complete 180, a complete turnaround here in Rio, knowing that everybody is embracing this idea of respect and diversity and a lot of support for female athletes.Gay marriage is legal in Brazil, says Cerullo, as well as in the United States. And thats a good thing, she added, because it means the pair can have marriage ceremonies in America and Brazil. Gary Roberts . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Tom Forrest .com) - Manchester City midfielder David Silva is expected to miss the next four weeks because of a calf problem. https://www.cheapnfljerseyschina.co/jordan-willis-jersey-for-sale/ . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Mike Hennigan . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Cheap NFL Jerseys China Store . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night.We caught up with Liverpool and Manchester City legends John Barnes and Shaun Goater ahead of Sundays Capital One Cup final live on Sky Sports. Barnes scored 108 goals in 407 appearances for the Reds and was part of their League Cup-winning side in 1995, while Goater netted 103 times in 212 games for the Citizens.We asked the duo which players will make the difference for their former clubs at Wembley, who holds the psychological advantage and more. Read on to see their verdicts… How important is the League Cup final to these sides?Barnes: Its Liverpools best chance for a trophy in Jurgen Klopps first year. Its always nice to win silverware and were here in the final so lets give it a good go. John Barnes holds up the Capital One Cup in front of the Liver Building in Liverpool Goater: Its going to be huge for City. We all know Manuel Pellegrini is moving on and I am sure the players will want to give him a good send off. They also have the new manager, Pep Guardiola, coming in and their own careers to think about. Who will be Liverpools key player?Barnes: Steve McManaman was the star of the 1995 League Cup final I played in but I dont think its necessarily going to be one player to have that influence this time. If you look at the team now youve got Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Daniel Sturridge, but I dont think there is any one player who is going to win the cup by himself. I think it will take a good all-round performance to beat a Manchester City side who will be favourites. Jordan Henderson could play a key role for Liverpool, according to Shaun Goater Goater: Liverpool got a good result against Aston Villa and I think Jordan Henderson is looking like a good leader. I would expect him to be involved and have an impact in midfield. Sturridge as well, it will be important for City to keep him quiet if he starts. Coutinho is a very exciting player so City will want to keep him quiet too.And who will be Citys player to watch?Barnes: David Silva, for me. Sergio Aguero is the one who scores the goals but when Silva plays well, they play well. Yaya Toure and Raheem Sterling are likely to play too so once again, City might not necessarily look to one individual to win the game, either. Former Manchester City striker Shaun Goater poses with the Capital One Cup Goater: It has to be Aguero. If they can get him involved in the game then he will have a big part to play. As long as he is fit he will always score goals because he is a phenomenal striker. He will always produce good situations for the team because he will attract defenders. The important thing for City is to keep him fit and then get him involved in the game. City have missed Vincent Kompany and to have him back in the defence is huge. They also need David Silva and Yaya Toure to be hitting their top form, too.Will Citys more recent trophy-winning experience be a factor on the day?Barnes: I dont think so. Its a one-off and anything can happen. Form and confidence will also play a part. Manchester Citys last league games havent gone well, so how confident will they be before the cup final? Vincent Kompany and Manuel Pellegrini celebrate with the Premier League trophy in 2014 Goater: Yes. The experienced players will know that at no point during the game will it be a breeze. It will be a challenge, and there will be periods where they will be up against it and have to stay tight and compact and work hard. Players like David Silva and Yaya Toure will look around at each other and know and understand the game. Their experience will be very handy.How much will Liverpools 4-1 win at the Etihad Stadium influence the game?Barnes: I dont think its necessarily a blueprint for beating City because Liverpool have played that way before and lost. I dont know whether they underestimated us but they performed badly that day.dddddddddddd What you do have to do is defend very well against them and recognise that defensively they are not the greatest team. In my opinion its a question of who outscores who. Martin Skrtel celebrates after scoring Liverpools fourth goal at the Etihad Stadium Goater: It will influence the game in that City players know Liverpool were deserved winners on the day and they wont accept that they got beat like that. They will want to put that right, the players will be thinking Liverpool can be strong opponents on their day but City will not want to be taken apart in the way that they were at the Etihad. Liverpools League Cup wins We look back at Liverpools record eight wins League Cup wins ahead of Sundays final with Man City. I think its going to be a fiery game from the start. City will not only want to give a good send-off to Manuel Pellegrini but they will want to show that to the new manager they performed well in a cup final when he comes in. Players can say they were part of the recent success, so they will want to win and play well.Would winning the League Cup provide a confidence boost to finish the season strongly?Barnes: It will be a boost to finish the season strongly, however I dont think we can finish in the top four now because we are so far behind. So while it will be a boost, I dont think its necessarily enough to get us into the Champions League places. Theres an outside chance but for me its more the fact that we will have won a trophy in Klopps first year. Thats the biggest factor for me. Jurgen Klopp and Manuel Pellegrini will go head to head for the second time since the Germans arrival at Liverpool Goater: Its what Man City need. Right now they have three teams above them in the league. Winning the Capital One Cup would give the belief to City that they could perhaps go the rest of the season winning all their games. It will take something like that for City to be champions because other teams have to drop a number of points and City will need a great run if they are going to do it.How big a role will the fans play at Wembley?Barnes: Ill be on the pitch before the game for Capital One to try and create an atmosphere whereby we can break the world record for the most noise at a football stadium. For both teams, the fans are crucial. While Capital One are trying to create this atmosphere from a world record point of view, I think its important for both sets of fans to get behind their team. They have a big role to play. John Barnes will be calling on Liverpool supporters to create a special atmosphere at Wembley Goater: Huge. Before the game you will see myself doing my bit to get the fans going because fans make the difference. With fans singing and getting involved from the start, the players will feel it and look to put on a great performance.Finally, whats your prediction?Barnes: I think it will be a high-scoring game because they are two good attacking teams so Im going to go for a 3-2 win for Liverpool. Shaun Goater: Its a bit out there but I think City are

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor