Bringing your daily links to the NFL’s New York Jets"

in Quasselecke 17.01.2020 03:08
von liny195 • 62 Beiträge

Good morning Robby Anderson Jersey , Gang Green Nation! I hope everyone’s having a great start to their day. As most of us know by now, the Jets have declined LB Darron Lee’s 5th year option. This comes as no surprise as the team drafted Blake Cashman in the 5th round of this year’s draft, and also picked up Avery Williamson and C.J. Mosley in consecutive years. Although I could see a niche role being carved out given Lee’s limited credentials, I don’t think that will come with the Jets. To be fair, any player who gets caught multiple times for steroids or drugs and still is weak in the run game has no place in a defense that I’d want to see. Even with Gregg Williams running the show I don’t see how that factor improves from Lee. The best hope is that the Jets can somehow manage to get a trade involving the ousted LB, but that seems slim as well. Do you think Lee could carve out a role on the team, or is a trade and/or walking in Free Agency his inevitable demise? With that said, here are your links for the team this Friday.Matt Stypulkoski - Jets decline Darron Lee’s 5th-year option | What it means for LB’s future with team, trade value, compensatory pickDarryl Slater - NFL GM power rankings 2019: Who are league’s best, worst decision makers? Where are Giants’ Dave Gettleman, Eagles’ Howie Roseman, Jets’ Mike Maccagnan?Matt Stypulkoski - NFL schedule 2019: Jets’ important remaining offseason dates | Darron Lee’s option, OTAs begin, 1st preseason game Womens Kelvin Beachum Jersey , moreMatt Stypulkoski - NFL Draft 2019: Was Jets’ Mike Maccagnan willing to trade No. 3 pick to Bills? Behind-the-scenes look at GM’s draft strategySNY - Jets add QB Luke Falk to crowded quarterbacks roomDarryl Slater - Jets claim Luke Falk off waivers, in Adam Gase reunion | What it means for QB room, ex-Giant Davis WebbJames Cunningham - 3 Burning Questions the New York Jets Face After the NFL DraftTyler Greenawalt - Chris Harris, Patrick Peterson among cornerbacks Jets could trade forSpencer Aber - Chuma Edoga learned from Broadway Joe long before Jets drafted himRandy Lange - Meet the Williamses: Leonard, Gregg & QuinnenNewYorkJets.com - Jets First-Round Pick Quinnen Williams to Wear No. 95NewYorkJets.com - Nick Saban: Jets DL Quinnen Williams Is ‘Perfect’ for New NFLDarryl Slater - NFL mock draft 2020: Way-too-early look at what ESPN’s Todd McShay thinks Jets will do | Wide receiver? Offensive lineman? Edge rusher?J.P. Pelzman - New York Jets Tickets Already A Hot Item On The Secondary MarketNewYorkJets.com - Jets and M&T Bank to Award Local Business with Sponsorship Assets Worth $100,000 as Part of Annual Small Business ShowcaseJim Gehman - Where Are They Now: Richard ToddHere are your missed connections from yesterday.Here’s the thread about nothing, this is issue No. 213. Make sure to check it out!I hope you all have a safe and wonderful rest of the day! FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — Quinnen Williams stepped through the doors of the New York Jets‘ training facility for the first time and couldn’t help but get a bit starstruck.The No. 3 overall draft pick looked around and saw his new NFL teammates — guys he once knew only from watching TV and playing video games.“I met Le’Veon Bell yesterday and I’m like, ‘Whoa! That’s Le’Veon Bell, the No. 1 running back in the NFL,” a smiling Williams said Friday. “It’s just crazy. I met Sam Darnold, that’s crazy. I met Jamal Adams. Man, I’ve got Jamal Adams on my (Madden) Ultimate Team. It’s just crazy.”It might seem wacky right now, but Williams knows he certainly belongs — even without video game controllers in his hands.The playmaking defensive lineman was considered by many to be the best overall talent available in this year’s draft, arguably the safest pick a team could make.Now http://www.jetslockerroom.com/authentic-keyshawn-johnson-jersey , he’s going to be a 6-foot-3, 303-pound building block in coordinator Gregg Williams’ defense. The former Alabama star was a stubborn run stuffer and punishing pass rusher for the Crimson Tide, and will likely be asked to fill similar roles for the Jets while lining up at different spots on the line.“Wherever they put me, I’ll play,” Quinnen Williams said, flashing a mouthful teeth covered by braces. “If they put me on kickoff returns, I’ll go crazy. They can put me at anything, and I’m going to try to dominate.”He joins a defensive line that includes Leonard Williams, Steve McLendon, Henry Anderson and Nathan Shepherd. So, adding another player to one of the team’s strengths wouldn’t seem to have been a priority entering the draft.But when Quinnen Williams was still sitting there at No. 3 and the Jets found no acceptable trade options to move down in the first round, New York couldn’t resist.“Any time you have a guy that we see as a really talented player, a guy that put a lot of good tape out there his last year in college, and add that to the group we already have, I think it’s really going to be something that could help our defense Brent Qvale Jersey , especially up the middle,” coach Adam Gase said. “The push up the middle is going to be big for us, especially in this division.”That, of course, mostly means getting to Tom Brady and trying to end New England’s 10-year reign atop the AFC East.Speaking of the Patriots quarterback, Quinnen Williams was asked if sacking Brady would be a sweet moment in his young career.“It’s crazy because Tom Brady started playing in the NFL before I was born,” said the 21-year-old lineman.Well, not quite. Quinnen Williams was born in 1997 and Brady broke into the league in 2000 — but you get the idea.“To sack him, it would be amazing,” he said. “Just to get a sack and just being in the NFL is amazing, so just to get a tackle in the NFL, a tackle for loss, just to play a down, it’s a dream come true for me because I get to play at a high level. So, getting a sack will be like icing on the cake.”While he was considered a sure-thing prospect entering the draft Womens Marcus Maye Jersey , Jachai Polite was anything but.The outside linebacker was a force at times for Florida, a mix of speed, athleticism and power coming off the edge that had some considering Polite a potential first-rounder.But then came some up-and-down performances, a hamstring injury that hampered him at the NFL combine in February — and some shaky interview sessions and perceptions that he was immature.“It just opened my eyes to the real world,” Polite recalled. “It was just a humbling experience.”Polite slid to the third round, and that’s where the Jets pounced. And, he’s eager to prove they made the right call.“They took a chance on me,” he said. “I’m surrounded by great people, so I have no choice but to change and be great.”The Jets were well aware of the questions surrounding Polite, but met with him and felt comfortable that he could come to New York and thrive — on and off the field.“I don’t think a lot of us had it all figured out at 21,” Gase said. “Whatever happened in the past is irrelevant to me. Moving forward, it’s just going to be on him to do the right things and worry about what he can control, which is show up every day, be on time, know what you need to do http://www.jetslockerroom.com/authentic-kelechi-osemele-jersey , go out there and practice hard.“He does that, it’ll be smooth sailing for him.”And, perhaps not so much for opposing quarterbacks.Polite also was asked who would be the first quarterback he’d like to sack in the NFL.“The first one we play,” the rookie said with a chuckle.In that case, Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills better be ready when the regular season opens Sept. 8.Polite enjoyed watching Dwight Freeney as a kid, particularly how the star pass rusher would zip past blockers on his way to taking down quarterbacks.“I liked the spin move a lot,” Polite said before being asked to grade his own move. “It’s all right. It’s not like his — yet. It’s going to get there.”NOTES: Gase reiterated that he’s not concerned Bell hasn’t taken part in voluntary workouts but said the running back told him he’d be with the team for mandatory minicamp next month. “We know where he is,” Gase said. “He’s working out. Every year that he’s played, he’s been ready to go.” … Gase rebuffed recent reports that there was tension between him and GM Mike Maccagnan. “Unless I say it, it’s really irrelevant to me,” Gase said. “It kind of (ticks) me off a little bit, because we have discussions on everything. That’s our job.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor