for the MastersCasey hailed

in Quasselecke 16.01.2020 09:25
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact face a tough task this weekend as they try and turn their season around. Bobby Hebert Jersey . Bottom-of-the-table Montreal (1-4-6) welcomes Major League Soccers hottest team, the streaking New England Revolution, to Saputo Stadium on Saturday, and the encounter comes at a bad time for the Impact. Catch all the action on TSN2 and TSN 690 starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. Montreals season-long woes are seemingly without remedy. The team is racking up the league-lows: they have seven points from 11 games, own a minus-13 goal differential, and have scored just four times on home soil. The Revolution (7-2-3), meanwhile, are riding a five-game win streak, their longest since 2005. A victory against the Impact would tie the club record for most consecutive wins. Sitting pretty atop the Eastern Conference standings, the Revs are four points clear of second-place Sporting KC with a game in hand. The team is also unbeaten in its last seven games, outscoring its opponents 16-5 over that stretch. New England scored five goals in two of its last three contests. But the red-hot Revs arent getting complacent. Midfielder Chris Tierney knows the Impacts unfavourable position at the bottom of the standings could make them more dangerous. "Montreal, theyre a good team. Its the same team that put together a really solid run last year," he told the teams website from Foxborough, Mass., on Thursday. "Theyve got plenty of dangerous players and were going to have to go to their place, which is a tough place to play." Tierney is one of eight Revolution players to have scored during the clubs five-game winning stretch. He scored his first goal of the season in New Englands 5-3 road romp over Philadelphia on May 17. "Were not expecting to go there and win 5-0," he said of Saturdays matchup. "Its going to be a tough game for us and were going to have to have our best stuff to come out with a result." And some of New Englands best stuff during the streak is coming courtesy of two young forwards. Diego Fagundez, 19, and rookie Patrick Mullins, 22, have combined for eight goals and three assists in the last five games. In contrast, the entire Impact squad have only scored nine times during the season. "Mullins and I are working very well with each other," Uruguayan-born Fagundez told the teams website last weekend. "We are moving off the ball well and are making good runs. As long as we keep playing like this, more goals will come." In New Englands last contest, Fagundez scored the winner in the 77th minute of a 2-1 home victory over D.C. United. Mullins netted the opening goal and became only the second rookie in MLS history to score in four consecutive games. "(Mullins) has a great awareness of where he needs to be, where the ball is," Revolution coach Jay Heaps told reporters after that game. "You have to have a knack for it. Hes done it his whole life and hes just now finding hes good enough to do it at this level." The rookie will look to take advantage of a Montreal back-line that concedes a league-worst two goals per game, and that gave up four on the road to the Colorado Rapids in their last MLS outing. The defensive four might get a boost from Matteo Ferraris return from injury. Ferrari injured his calf in a pre-game warmup last month, and hasnt played since Apr. 26. His return is still questionable for Saturday. Montreal will also be looking to build on a solid mid-week performance on the road versus Toronto FC in the Amway Canadian Championship final. Justin Mapp scored a beautiful left-footed strike from just outside the 18-yard box in the 73rd minute to give the Impact a 1-1 draw and a much-need away goal. "Thats the kind of thing that can change the season really quickly," said defender Heath Pearce from Montreal on Tuesday, before the cup tie. "It can bring a whole other dynamic to whats been a difficult season so far. Weve been facing adversity the whole season, from the start." The return leg of the Canadian Championship goes June 4 at Saputo Stadium, where the Impact will look to defend their Voyageurs Cup, and claim the title for the third time. Aggregate score will determine who will represent Canada in the next CONCACAF Champions League. Notes: Striker Jack McInerney has scored four times against New England in nine career appearances, including three game winners in 2012 and 2013. … New England has never lost at Saputo Stadium (2-0). … The Revs are unbeaten when scoring first (6-0) and when leading at halftime (3-0). … Montreals recent acquisition Issey Nakajima-Farran will likely make his Saputo Stadium debut versus the Revs. … The Impact and Revolution will face off twice more this season. Kiko Alonso Jersey . One out away from finishing off an impressive shutout, they let a must-win game slip away. Jim Dombrowski Jersey . Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Raptors have traded forward Steve Novak along with a second-round pick to the Utah Jazz in exchange for guard Diante Garrett - who will then be waived. http://www.customsaintsjersey.com/custom-aaron-brooks-jersey-large-102e.html . They never thought it would take some blood, too. Kevin Love grabbed his 4,000th career rebound as part of a 19-point, 13-board effort to lead the Timberwolves over the Utah Jazz 112-97 on Tuesday night.Matt Fitzpatrick secured an invite to next years Masters with a sparkling final-round 67 on Sunday. With the top 12 getting an invitation to return to Augusta next year, the 21-year-old from Sheffield moved through the field with a stunning five-under-par round to set the early clubhouse lead by finishing level par for the championship.Starting the day at five-over, the youngster mixed six birdies with just one dropped shot to finish a memorable week in fabulous style and break 70 for the first time at Augusta. Four birdies in the last five holes including a gain at the 18th ensured Fitzpatrick, who claimed the British Masters at Woburn last year, will be back next year.It was fantastic. I am not going to lie I was nervous. It is a different type of nerves playing a major on a Sunday, Fitzpatrick told Sky Sports. Matthew Fitzpatrick will be back to play Augusta again next year You are just trying to go low and keep the momentum. Coming in I hit some great shots, I hit every green from the 12th and that is important around here.The round was equally incredible given the tournament is Fitzpatricks first since turning professional in 2014, his three previous majors had been as an amateur, and he intends to use all the experience gained.It is great experience for me - my second round score messed me up a little bit but it is one of those that you learn from and now I feel like I know I can go low particularly on a Sunday in a major, he added.When you have done it once you feel like you can do it again if your game is in the right shape. For me knowing that it is a real help going forward. Paul Casey was another to find form on the final day at Augusta Meanwhile, Paul Casey was another Englishman to produce a spectacular round playing in his tenth Masters, his round of 67 was his best effort at the course and got him to one-under-par for the MastersCasey hailed one of the best rounds of golf and also paid tribute to new caddie John McLaren.It was really solid round of golf, I really feel I missed maybe just two possibilities where i could have picked up another shot, he told Sky Sports.There is no question he [McLaren] has already elevated everything I do, he added. Paul Casey hit his best ever round at Augusta to finish the tournament on one under He is somebody I have got the utmost respect for, He had about six unbelieable years with Luke Donald - they got to world number one and won all over the globe. Reggie Bush Jersey. That is something I want to emulate.Luke is an unbelieavble golfer but he [McLaren] certainly brought something to the party and he is already doing that with my game.Lee Westwood was also left to reflect on another close-run thing, playing alongside champion Willett his final round moved him into a share of second spot and he was delighted after a lack of golf so far this season. Lee Westwood was proud of his performance at the Masters despite falling short in his chase for the green jacket. Also See: WATCH: Brace of aces ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor