REGINA -- Mental preparation will be a big part of the game plan for the Saskatchewan Roughriders as they get ready for the CFL

in Quasselecke 15.01.2020 09:42
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

REGINA -- Mental preparation will be a big part of the game plan for the Saskatchewan Roughriders as they get ready for the CFL West Division final. Cameron Erving Super Bowl Jersey . The Roughriders will head west to face the Calgary Stampeders on Sunday, and quarterback Darian Durant says theyll have to keep their heads in the game. "You cant let the emotions get the best of you," Durant said Friday after practice in Regina. "You have to realize that its going to take a full 60 minutes of fundamental football to get the job done, especially on the road in hostile territory against a damn good team. You have to realize whats at stake and make sure that you have the right state of mind." Whats at stake for the Riders is a chance to play in the Grey Cup on Nov. 24. at Mosaic Stadium, their home turf. But first they have to get past Calgary, who won the West with the CFLs best record of 14-4. The Stampeders also won the season series with Saskatchewan 2-1, with both victories coming at McMahon Stadium. The rivalry between the two teams was heated this season, but Durant was looking forward. "It doesnt even matter what happened during the regular season. Its all about now," he said. "They know theyll face a different team. We know well face a different team. "I dont think what happened this year has anything to do with what youll see on Sunday." Slotback Geroy Simon, who spent 12 seasons with the B.C. Lions before joining the Riders in January, is drawing on experience to get through the West final this weekend. "You have to treat it like another game, but you know that its either win or go home and it can be a huge game for all of us," said Simon. "I know for me its all about, I want to leave a lasting legacy in a positive way, so this just kind of adds to that. I consider myself a winner and no matter where I go, I want to win and win championships." But for Saskatchewan Roughriders head coach Corey Chamblin, Sundays matchup will be his first West final as a head coach. Chamblin says he thought it would feel different. "It feels like its the next game and its a game that weve prepared and prepared to win," Chamblin told reporters Friday. "I thought it would be all the, you know, Wow, this is it. Its the Western final or Eastern final, or wherever I thought Id be. But its the Western final and as a head coach, I think thats just a maturity in my mindset and a maturity in the teams mindset is, its the next game and we have to be able to win." The Riders got to this point with a 29-25 win over the B.C. Lions in the West semifinal last weekend. Durant completed 19 of 23 passes for 270 yards and two touchdowns in the semifinal win. He also picked up 97 rushing yards on six carries. Durant says running is important in every game. "Every game dictates a different guy stepping up, a different situation, so well see what the game holds. If its up to me and if a lanes open for me to run, then so be it. If we win by throwing the ball, then so be it. If (Kory) Sheets does it, then well take that too," said Durant. The Riders will also have slotback Chris Getzlaf back in the game. Getzlaf was the Riders receiving leader this year with 63 catches for 1,047 yards, but suffered a knee injury in the teams 29-25 loss to Calgary on Oct. 26 and hasnt played since. "He got through practice today," said Chamblin. "There was better progression. He ran his routes faster and he made more moves and things like that to finish the whole game plan." Khalen Saunders Super Bowl Jersey .S. Olympic hockey management team have been making what he called "ghost rosters" since August. Tony Gonzalez Super Bowl Jersey . Abduraimova had not won a tour-level match since 2009 but was a wild-card entry in Tashkent and broke her opponent twice in each set to reach the second round. Second-seeded Irina-Camelia Begu of Romania advanced easily by beating Kateryna Kozlova of Ukraine 6-3, 6-1, while No. http://www.officialkcchiefspro.com/Len-dawson-chiefs-jersey/ . The Calgary Stampeders running back received the West Division nomination for the CFLs top individual award Thursday in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada and leagues eight head coaches.LONDON -- Ramires will miss Chelseas remaining matches in the English Premier League after being banned for four games for violent conduct. During Saturdays match against Sunderland, Ramires struck Sebastian Larsson with a flailing arm in an off-the-ball incident that match officials missed. However, a panel of former elite referees reviewed the video evidence and decided it constituted violent conduct. The FA said on Thursday that Ramires accepted thee charge. Alex Okafor Super Bowl Jersey. With only three league matches remaining for second-place Chelsea, the final match of the ban will carry over into next season. Chelsea was beaten 2-1 by Sunderland. Manager Jose Mourinho was also charged with improper conduct for questioning the integrity of the referee. Assistant Rui Faria was charged with two counts of misconduct on the touchline. Mourinho and Faria have until Monday to respond to their charges. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor