This will be my first game in the Meadowlands

in Events in der Region 14.01.2020 02:31
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

ENGLEWOOD Womens John Elway Jersey , Colo. (AP) — Safety Darian Stewart is joining a crowded field of free agent safeties following his release Wednesday from the Denver Broncos, where he won a Super Bowl ring.A starter in Denver since 2015, Stewart was a part of the famed “No Fly Zone” secondary that also featured safety T.J. Ward and cornerbacks Chris Harris Jr. and Aqib Talib.With Stewart’s departure, Harris is the only remaining member of that secondary that helped the Broncos win Super Bowl 50 three years ago.Stewart, who turns 31 in August, was due nearly $5 million in both 2019 and 2020.“Broncos country thank you all for the love you showed me and my family these past 4 years,” Stewart wrote on Instagram. “But it’s time for me to move on and I’m looking forward to the next chapter.”The nine-year pro said he felt he still had a lot of football left in him, but he’ll have some stiff competition on the open market that features safeties Earl Thomas, Landon Collins, Lamarcus Joyner, Tyrann Mathieu and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, among others.Undrafted out of South Carolina in 2010, Stewart spent four seasons with the Rams in St. Louis followed by one season in Baltimore, where he caught the eye of Gary Kubiak, who was the Ravens’ offensive coordinator in 2014. When Kubiak replaced John Fox as head coach in Denver, he encouraged general manager John Elway to sign Stewart.Stewart missed just three games in his four seasons in Denver Bradley Chubb Broncos Jersey , where he collected 250 total tackles, intercepted nine passes and broke up two dozen others, recovered four fumbles and registered one sack.In the 2015 playoffs, he had 11 tackles, a sack, an interception, three pass breakups and a forced fumble and he was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2016.Elway called him Wednesday to inform him of his release. Whew! It’s been a frustrating couple of weeks for Broncos Country as we watched a promising 2-0 start suddenly become 2-2. But playing the Jets is a great antidote for preventing a losing skid and keeping player - and fan - morale in check.The last time the Trevor Siemian-led Broncos faced the Jets it was a shutout at home, and our Ultimate Fan is predicting a similar outcome in Jersey this weekend, though letting the Jets have a few points. BayAreaUnitedInOrange has crossed the country to follow this team into the hostile Meadowlands and cheer for the Orange & Blue. If he can handle the three-hour time change and NYC traffic, then surely our Broncos can handle a two-hour time change and a little football game, right?Week 4: Broncos at JetsMHR - The Broncos lost to the Chiefs after leading by 10 heading into the 4th quarter. Are you more angry that they ended up losing or encouraged that they were hanging in with the Chiefs until a few costly mistakes screwed that up?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: I was encouraged for 45 minutes, then frustrated more than angry for 15 minutes. The game was there to be closed out. All four of our games were a play or two from Broncs being 4-0 with a blowout or two. I am very encouraged overall at the quarter post.MHR - The Broncos’ running game is on fire - averaging 7 yards per carry against the Chiefs as a unit - and many fans are angry that the ratio of running plays to passing plays was 22 to 33 against KC. Do you want to see the Broncos run the ball more this weekend even though the Jets run defense is one of the best parts of its game?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: Absolutely. Run sets up the pass, IMO. That might be old school game planning, or in my case just plain old. I see our running game getting used early, often and effectively.MHR - Speaking of ratios, Case Keenum’s TD:INT ratio is awful - 3:7. I’m not one to worry as much about a total number of interceptions because there’s always a different story for each one Von Miller Jersey White , but the trend is troubling. How are you feeling about Keenum right now?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: A bit of buyer’s remorse. I was a big fan of getting Keenum or Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor vs breaking the bank on Cousins (how do you like that NOW Vikes fans, hahahaha). The trend is troubling. The weapons on offense with our running backs in particular are a serious upgrade over last year. I felt our offensive game plan would benefit Case with efficient, effective and at times, explosive play opportunities. We need consistency first.MHR - While the Jets do have a solid run defense, their secondary is suspect with a rather weak corner. Should Bill Musgrave put the ball in the air more - despite Keenum’s INT tendency? With Demaryius Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders and Courtland Sutton is this a game to show off their talents?BayAreaUnitedInOrange:Yes and no. Establish run game including short passes to backs in the flat. Let’s stretch their “D” sideline to sideline. If we can get the Jets “D” to adjust to what we are doing and load the box, then we can use what should be superior one-on-one matchups with our wide receivers.MHR - How do you feel about Bill Musgrave’s play calling? What player would you utilize more and what player would you reduce targets?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: I am frustrated and confused like most Bronco fans, especially with the run-pass distribution last week. Go with what is working and adjust as needed. Definitely, call Royce Freeman’s number more. I know everyone wants me to say reduce DT’s target (*editor’s note: not me!). If we are hitting our running backs out of the back field more, DT’s targets could be reduced a bit. I still feel Thomas can be a dominant player at times still, but more of a possession receiver with Sutton being the better downfield threat.MHR - Thoughts on Marquette King? He hasn’t been amazing. Would you bench him this weekend (assuming he could play) or would you roll with the new guy?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: Puzzling so far. Where is the 11 percent altitude distance home advantage?Where are the kicks inside the 10?Where is the booming 60 yarder with hang time when the room to kick is there?This is an odd one as every other aspect of our Special Teams is noticeably improved and King as punter on paper was an immediate upgrade too. Hasn’t happened yet. Sit him for a game and try new guy this week.MHR - The Jets’ rookie QB has struggled the past two games. How should Von Miller, Derek Wolfe and Chris Harris Jr. - and their respective defensive units on defense - attack the young Sam Darnold?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: Unlike the mobile QBs of Weeks 1 and 4, we know where this guy will be. Bull rushes to collapse the pocket, force him out of the pocket, then bring him down!Let’s test Darnold’s left-handed passing skills. We win that match-up. For defensive backs, anticipate quick passes Royce Freeman Jersey , again, and press the Jets’ wide receivers. They have little in the way of consistent performers on offense - Bilal Powell and Quincy Enunwa, and that’s about it.MHR - There’s been a lot of head scratching from fans - but also players - about the coverages called for the defense. Players were begging for more press-man, but then it bit them in the a** last week on a 2nd-and-30 play. Do you think Joe Woods is calling a good game and it’s just execution? Does he give in too much to his players? For this weekend’s matchup, what kind of mix of zone and man do you call?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: I will leave defense schemes, the X’s and O’s,and what we should do to our more talented MHR posters. We can stop the run with our front seven and pressure Darnold into several mistakes early. Von Miller and the defense have a bit to prove this Sunday. Dominate early with front seven and man; drop a bit to zones once we have the lead; Simmons and Parks playing centerfield for a late pick to close out the day.MHR - Vegas gives the edge to the Jets playing at home, but Vance said the Broncos’ strengths are built for winning on the road - good running offense, strong defense. Which team gets the advantage in your mind?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: Denver’s strong D should stifle Jets run game and force Sam Darnold to try and best us. Our run game is built to win games, we just need to use it!MHR - Which players will be playmakers for the Broncos this week?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: Royce Freeman. Denver’s game plan should have No. 28 written in ink all over. Von Miller will feast on the rookie QB Sunday.MHR - How much of a factor do you expect the Jets crowd to be - will they be on fire to beat the Broncos or “meh” because their team is 1-3?BayAreaUnitedInOrange: this weekend. I’ve followed a bit of the Jets’ fan pages this week and the phrase “second consecutive ghastly performance by Sam Darnold” is bringing the fan base expectations down considerably from Week 1 performance. I am expecting a heavy dose of the Vonster and NASCAR defense to take away any crowd factor early.PredictionsThe Favorites How did you become a Broncos fan?I grew up in the quality football devoid region known as Detroit in the 60s and 70s. After moving to Denver in ‘81, I instantly became enthralled with the Orange Crush D followed by the Elway years and titles. Now nine years in the Bay Area, still a devout Orange fan as my name implies.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor