Final ThoughtsTwo years in a row of losing football

in Events in der Region 03.01.2020 02:32
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown says a key moment in his deteriorating relationship with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger came when Roethlisberger threw a game-sealing interception in Denver in November.With the Steelers trailing 24-17 late in the fourth quarter Von Miller Jersey White , Roethlisberger threw a pass intended for Brown in the end zone. But Broncos defensive tackle Shelby Harris grabbed it. Brown said on on HBO that was a bad pass by Roethlisberger, who refused to take the blame on himself and instead shifted it to Brown.“You know, all you have to go do is call me out, we lose the game, he’s like, damn, AB should have ran a better route,” Brown said. “The type of guy he is. He feels like he’s the owner. Bro, you threw the s–t to the D-lineman! What the f–k? I’m over here wide open! You need to give me a better ball! But it’s like in the league, you’re going to have a guy from the team that’ll be like, boy, you can’t say nothing. I need you to get out there like, but it’s like why I got to be acting? At least ask a … ask a n—-r how he feels first. Right or wrong. Right? Then if it don’t matter how I feel, then f–k it then, why am I here, you know what I’m saying?”Roethlisberger did criticize Brown’s route-running afterward and say that the Steelers should have run a play for JuJu Smith-Schuster instead. More than three months later, that still stings Brown. The Denver Broncos from every angle appear to still be in win now operations. Rebuilding isn’t in John Elway’s vocabulary apparently. What does that mean for 2019 and beyond?" Strictly My OpinionDenver Broncos OffseasonElway is “All In,” but is this the right path?New,264commentsThe Denver Broncos from every angle appear to still be in win now operations. Rebuilding isn’t in John Elway’s vocabulary apparently. What does that mean for 2019 and beyond?MDT OrlandoFor a couple of years, Broncos Country has suffered with the worst performances we’ve seen from our team in back-to-back seasons dating back four decades.The team has been a hot mess. They have not had an answer at QB. They have had a bad head coach. Their offense has absolutely not only gone in the toilet, but far down the swirling drain.The once vaunted Bronco defense has likewise suffered and gone from the No Fly Zone we have been proud of to a cool group of guys we all remember who played in our beloved orange and blue back in 2015.Like many fans out there, I’ve been putting a nice coat of shiny paint all over the facade of the team I know and love for a couple of years now.But this offseason I honestly was ready to see our team blow it all up and start over. We all knew a new coach was going to be coming in. We all knew that Case Keenum was never a real answer at NFL QB for any team. But apparently, John Elway doesn’t buy it.He’s chasing the ghost of the magic he grasped years ago when he signed Peyton Manning and put all the pieces in place to get this team back on the cusp of greatness.The ultimate competitorOne of my favorite things about John Elway is his refusal to lose.It is renowned in Bronco Country that the guy is just one of the most competitive people you’ll ever meet.Really great players tend to have that trait (Michael Jordan is another name that comes to mind here).But I can’t help but wonder how much this trait of Elway’s hurts the Broncos as they are today.Don’t get me wrong, this is the offseason where hope springs eternal.I’m as excited as any Broncos fan to see what happens this season. I want Joe Flacco to be reborn into a new, stronger Royce Freeman Jersey , better, faster, QB.I want to see 20 sacks from Von Miller and Bradley Chubb each.I think Phillip Lindsay can break 2,000 yards this year if things go well and the team plays well around him.What are the upsides to a different approach?We’re all pretty up to speed on what Elway is doing today. But let’s talk for a second about what the team is missing out on by heading this direction instead of announcing an official “rebuild”.Reduced pressureThe biggest thing the team would get from actually rebuilding would be the ability to learn, grow, and compete without the unheralded pressure that our media and fan base heap on this team year after year. For the youth on the team and the new coaching staff, this could really be a big benefit.Bigger, faster, stronger, more is how our world works, but it is a very short-term way of going about one’s business. If the bar is always “playoffs or you sucked” (which I love as a fan, by the way), are we missing out on helping our coaches and players develop without feeling the guillotine is waiting for them at the end of the season?Attainable goals / Learning how to winReal winning in this league comes largely from an organization knowing what it takes to win and putting forth the effort every game all season long.For a team like the Broncos today, what do they know about winning?Especially for a first time head coach and offensive coordinator, don’t you think they need some time to find their groove?Allowing a rebuild year to happen lets you set some goals for your team that teaches all of them how to get better. So yeah, we went 6 - 10 last year. Can we get our offense up to 16th most productive by both points and yards per game?Can our defense get the passing yard numbers given up to TEs back to “better than average” levels?There are a number of different minute things you can do as a team to help get things rolling to the place you want them to be that don’t include winning the AFC West or going to the playoffs.Coaching staff feeling supportedThis is the big thing I think Pat Bowlen did that Elway is currently missing out on. It seems like there is a ton of pressure on our coaching staff every year to meet the Bronco Standard. I love it. I love that standard, but I don’t recall there being quite this much pressure back when Dan Reeves and Mike Shanahan had their stretches of time running the team.See, Bowlen would keep his finger on the pulse of what was going on, but if the effort was there and things seemed to be headed in the right direction, there wasn’t a bunch of coaching staff changes year after year.Heck, Bowlen put up with Reeves for a few years more than he should have if we use hindsight to tell us anything.I think the point I want to make here is that Elway keeps the focus on the job the coaches are or aren’t doing instead of the team including him and his front office. Is it fair?I mean sure, the coaches get paid a lot too and they can handle it.I surely expected a bunch more out of Vance Joseph and his staff than what we saw.But how much of their ineptitude was caused by them constantly feeling like they were losing their jobs a little more by each passing week?rom the Broncos has me questioning an awful lot this offseason and a lot of my thought process leads to thinking about what Elway is doing as a GM and de facto “football decision maker extraordinaire” since the team has no clear owner right now.I’m excited to see this season unfold. I’ll be getting to some more positive writing as we get closer to training camp, but it feels good to unload some of the frustrations I’ve been thinking about headed into the 2019 season.So how about the rest of you in Broncos Country?Am I too down on the future for this team (especially given the time of year)?Offensively speaking, what is going to be the thing that raises all boats for the team in 2019? Hit me up in the comments with your thoughts!

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor