There’s a lot of options: Sayers

in Quasselecke 31.12.2019 04:32
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

Dan Hampton Jersey , Cutler, Tommie Harris, Kevin White" Latest NewsFrom The Desk Of...Bears HistoryWhich Bears player do you wish had a healthy career?New,70commentsThere’s a lot of options: Sayers, Cutler, Tommie Harris, Kevin WhiteCDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Which Bears player do you wish had a healthy career?TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Jonathan Daniel/Getty ImagesFootball is a game of attrition. For a career to be successful, there is an element of luck.No player escapes injury, but some are lucky enough to escape serious injury and others are able to avoid devastating injury.Injuries in all sports shorten careers and hamper production but in football they can end careers and alter trajectories of players.The Chicago Bears are no different than many other franchises, they’ve had plenty of great talents seen their careers zapped because of injury.The idea for this article stemmed from this tweet I came across over the weekend:Instead of looking at all sports, I thought I would focus on just one team http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-brian-urlacher-jersey , the Chicago Bears, for obvious reasons.There are plenty of options to pick from in this instance. The first name that would to many fans’ minds is Gale Sayers. Sayers was a Hall of Famer with the injuries he had, the shortest career of any NFL player ever. But how good would he have been had he stayed healthy? How far up the record books would he have gotten? Would any of his numbers be untouchable?They’re all fair questions.In the 1980s, the Bears had a very good quarterback in Jim McMahon. As defending Super Bowl champs, he was the target of the dirtiest play in NFL history when Charles Martin body-slammed the QB on to his throwing shoulder. McMahon missed the rest of the season and was never quite the same again. His health certainly would have changed the Bears’ fortunes in 1986 and likely any of the other subsequent seasons. McMahon won 73 percent of his regular season starts as a Bears QB. Would the Bears’ dynasty gone from ‘could have been’ to ‘was?’These players’ best days were before my time watching the team and while it would be cool to look back at those players had they had good health, they aren’t my picks.It’s also not Jay Cutler, who could also merit discussion. If not for his injury in 2010 NFC Championship Game or in the Week 11 game against San Diego the next year, who knows how his Bears legacy plays out? Maybe the Bears wouldn’t have made the Super Bowl in 2010 but maybe we’re talking about multiple playoff berths.But, no, my pick is Mike Brown.Mike Brown came in on our list of Top 100 Bears players at No. 43 and he had a great career here, notching 17 interceptions Womens Leonard Floyd Jersey , eight forced fumbles and a franchise record 11 defensive touchdowns. He was a one-time Pro-Bowler and a one-time first team All-Pro selection.These numbers would have been even better had he stayed healthy. After missing only one game over his first four seasons, Brown missed 41 games over his next four. He managed to play in 15 and 16 games in his final two seasons, the last of which was spent in Kansas City.WCG writer Jeff Berckes says that if Brown hadn’t been hurt, the Bears would’ve won Super Bowl XLI and I agree with him.That season, the Bears gave up 74.5 rushing yards a game with Brown (six games) but without him surrendered 114.3. With Brown they allowed 168.7 passing yards and without him, it went up to 210.4 yards per game. The previous season, when Brown played 12 games, the defense allowed 177.9 passing yards and 93.2 rushing yards with him and 209.3 passing and 129.5 rushing yards without him, showing it wasn’t just sample sizes, the defense was demonstrably worse without Mike Brown.I would love to see what his career would’ve been like if he had stayed healthy. Would the Bears have beat Peyton Manning and the Colts? Would that defense have had another Hall of Famer, to go along with Brian Urlacher (and maybe Lance Briggs and Charles Tillman)? Would Brown be considered the best safety in team history?I think it’s possible.Here’s what some of my Twitter followers said when I tossed it out to them:and of course Eric Kush Jersey , this smart man:Which player do you wish had had a completely healthy career? GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — The Green Bay Packers are debuting their own defensive changes this weekend against the Bears , even if they may not initially make as much of a splash as Chicago’s acquisition of star linebacker Khalil Mack.But the effectiveness of those new wrinkles could be just as important to the fortunes of a team looking to return to the playoffs.After playing it safe in the preseason, new defensive coordinator Mike Pettine can finally take the wraps off the Packers’ revamped scheme when the Bears visit Lambeau Field on Sunday night.“It just opens up everything,” linebacker Nick Perry said Thursday about the new defense. “I think from attacking it off the edge, attacking it inside, you have more options to attack.”The Packers ranked 22nd in defense last year. It was especially a problem given that quarterback Aaron Rodgers was limited to seven games because of a collarbone injury.Rodgers has the talent to be able cover up deficiencies in other areas of the team. With Rodgers out, everyone else had to step up. Instead, the Packers finished 7-9 and had its streak of eight straight postseason appearances snapped.Changes in the organization included the firing of longtime defensive coordinator Dom Capers. He was replaced by Pettine, the former head coach of the Cleveland Browns, who stuck with the 3-4 defense as the base scheme.So far http://www.thebearslockerroom.com/authentic-roquan-smith-jersey , so good for the transition.“I know in preseason, we’re keeping it basic,” inside linebacker Blake Martinez said. “So it’ll be cool to kind of dive into the playbook on Sunday and see how we kind of compete and get the job done.”They will be expected to get pressure with just four outside linebackers on the roster. Perry and fellow veteran Clay Matthews will be backed up by Reggie Gilbert, who emerged in the preseason to become the top reserve; and Kyler Fackrell, a third-round draft pick in 2016.“It’s a demand,” Perry said. “But at the end of the day, the big guys have got to kind of take the big load. That’s what they pay us for.”More pressure might come from up front. Green Bay added Muhammad Wilkerson as a free agent in the offseason, making the line perhaps the strongest position group on the team. Stalwarts Mike Daniels and Kenny Clark lead the front, along with emerging third-year player Dean Lowry and promising second-year pro Montravius Adams.More inside pressure might lead to more 1-on-1 opportunities on the outside. And that’s assuming that Pettine isn’t disguising from where the pressure might come on a particular play. Even Rodgers has been impressed this preseason by some different looks on defense.“We can line up in different spots and attack you. I don’t think we’re just going to sit there in spots and let people try to pick us apart,” Clark said. “I feel like if Aaron is saying it, you can only imagine how other quarterbacks can struggle with it.”A more effective pass rush can also have the effect of forcing quarterbacks into making bad throws Womens Eddie Goldman Jersey , which in turn could lead to better pass coverage, which was another problem area in 2017.A cornerback group prone to injury the last two seasons has also been revamped, with veteran Tramon Williams returning to provide leadership. The Packers also took promising rookies Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson with their first two picks in the draft.Matthews estimated that the Packers showed just 5 percent of the defensive playbook during preseason games.“We definitely have a number of pressures, base defenses, little wrinkles that we like to think will play in our favor,” Matthews said. “At the end of the day, we’re going out there and playing defense, and the name of the game is tackling the ball. That doesn’t change.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor