regain his strength after injuring

in Quasselecke 30.12.2019 09:28
von jokergreen0220 • 1.730 Beiträge

MONTREAL -- While growing up, Cam Talbot was a fan of Montreal Canadiens goaltending great Patrick Roy. Balenciaga Triple S White Sale . And in his first game at the Bell Centre, the 26-year-old played a lot like Roy as he made 22 saves to earn in his NHL shutout in the New York Rangers 1-0 victory over the Canadiens on Saturday night. "I always idolized Patrick Roy so to do it in a building like this and on a stage like this, and to see his number up in the rafters, was an unbelievable feeling," the Caledonia, Ont., native said. Captain Ryan Callahan ended the Rangers four-year goal drought in Montreal when he got his sixth of the season on a second period power play for New York (10-9-0), which has won eight of its last 11 games. It wasnt the only mark of futility that ended for the Rangers on their visit to their old Original Six rival. Talbot, playing his fifth NHL game, became the first Rangers goalie to earn a shutout in Montreal since Ed Giacomin in a 5-0 win on Feb. 25, 1967 at the old Forum. "It means quite a bit to me," said Talbot, now 4-1-0 as an NHL goalie. "He and Mike Richter are two of the greatest Ranger goalies of all time, so to hear my name mentioned alongside his is pretty surreal, to be honest." The Canadiens (10-9-2) were coming off a 3-2 shootout win in Columbus on Friday night and spent most of the game a step behind the Rangers, who played the first of back-to-back games before playing Los Angeles at home on Sunday. The Rangers had a 34-22 edge in shots, and may have won by more had Carey Price not been outstanding in the Montreal net. "Its a game of inches," said Montreal coach Michel Therrien, whose team has scored only 18 times in its last 11 games "They capitalized on the power play and we had chances on ours and didnt capitalize. "We worked, and if we keep working like that good things are going to happen." Callahan broke the Rangers Bell Centre jinx just as a two-man advantage ended as he tipped Brad Richards blast from the left circle past Price 5:25 into the second period. The Canadiens went into the game with four straight shutouts against New York, including a 2-0 win Oct. 28 with Peter Budaj in goal. Price had blanked the Rangers the last four times he faced them at the Bell Centre and lost at home to them for the first time in eight meetings. Montreal was 7-0-1 at home against New York and had outscored them 25-3 since a 4-3 loss in March, 2009. "We were well aware of it," said Calahan. "We came in and had a good road game. "We got a good start and carried it through, and Talbot was unbelievable." Richards laughed when asked about the Rangers record of futility in Montreal. "I have nothing but great memories here since I was 17 and playing in the Quebec junior league all-star games," the former Rimouski Oceanic star said. "I always loved coming back here to play, so I didnt really get it and I dont think our new coach (Alain Vigneault) got it either, being from Quebec and knowing the history and how fun it is to play here. "He made a joke before the game that theres no ghosts here. Its a great place to play and lets have some fun. I think you guys and people in New York talk about it a lot, but as places to come and play, this is by far the best building." The only drawback was that Talbot didnt get the puck at the end of the game, as a Canadiens player flipped it into the crowd. Talbot said a teammate picked one up for him at the scorers bench. The Rangers dressed Talbot largely because Henrik Lundqvist, who will play against Los Angeles, often struggles in Montreal. The good news for Montreal was that physical defenceman Alexei Emelin, who blew out a knee in April, made his season debut and played a solid 16 minutes paired with veteran Francis Bouillon. His knee survived an early hit on Chris Kreider that was very much like the play he was injured on. "It was exactly the same type of hit," said Therrien. "For his confidence, that was probably the best thing that could happen. I really liked his first game." Notes -- Emelin bumped Douglas Murray from the lineup. Brendan Gallagher, who sat out Friday with a flu, was back but was used sparingly. Ryan White and George Parros were scratched. . . The Rangers expect to have star forward Rick Nash back from a concussion either Tuesday against Boston or Thursday at Dallas. Michael Del Zotto and Brandon Mashinter didnt dress. Balenciaga Speed Trainer Black Cheap .com) - Bradley Beal deposited a season-high 33 points and John Wall posted another double-double as the Washington Wizards went on the road and beat the Houston Rockets, 104-103. Balenciaga Shoes Discount .com) - Theres nothing better for a team than to send out the staff ace in the most important game of the season. http://www.balenciagacheapshoes.com/ . Bayern winger Franck Ribery marked his league return after recovering from a cracked rib by scoring two goals and setting up two more as the league leaders inflicted the heaviest home defeat on Bremen in the Bundesliga. PHOENIX -- Bronson Arroyo had been one of baseballs most reliable pitchers during his 15-year career, fighting off a variety of ailments to take the ball every time his turn came up. When his arm started to get sore and his velocity dropped, even he couldnt keep going. The Arizona Diamondbacks placed Arroyo on the 15-day disabled list with elbow tendinitis on Monday, ending the right-handers run of consecutive starts at 369, the second-longest active streak behind the 443 straight starts by Torontos Mark Buehrle. "Hes had other times in his career when hes been able to overcome things like this, but it wasnt in the cards this time," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. Arroyo has had a solid career with stops in Pittsburgh, Boston and Cincinnati. This off-season, he signed with the Diamondbacks, who hoped he could provide some stability to the rotation. The 37-year-old struggled early in the season while trying to regain his strength after injuring his back during spriing training, but rounded into form over the past month or so. Balenciaga Triple S Green Cheap. Arroyo went 3-0 with a 2.95 ERA over his last three starts, including a win over the Dodgers on Sunday, but had been using deception instead of velocity to get hitters out. Arroyo is most effective when his fastball is in the upper 80s, but his velocity had dipped into the lower 80s, forcing him to work the corners and use more off-speed pitches. Instead of sending him out for another start, the Diamondbacks decided to put him on the shelf so he could get healthy again. "Its really unfortunate when its a guy who has an unblemished record when it comes to posting up each and every time," Arizona GM Kevin Towers said. "But it would have been hard to run him back out there again, going to war as he says, against AK-47s with his little 22. He still found a way to win, which was amazing." Arizona recalled outfielder Roger Kieschnick from Triple-A Reno to fill Arroyos roster spot. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor