On this week’s Seaside Chats I have a very

in Quasselecke 05.12.2019 07:28
von liny195 • 62 Beiträge

special guest: Brian Nemhauser Tom Johnson Color Rush Jersey , aka Hawkblogger from Hawkblogger.com. You can also follow Brian on Twitter and listen to his podcast "Real Hawk Talk."..." Field Gulls podcastsSeaside Chats: Hawkblogger talks Hawks and bloggingNew,4commentsPDTOn this week’s Seaside Chats I have a very special guest: Brian Nemhauser, aka Hawkblogger from Hawkblogger.com. You can also follow Brian on Twitter and listen to his podcast “Real Hawk Talk.” Very thrilled to have Brian come back on the podcast after a 5+ year absence dating back to way back when we did live Google Hangouts with Danny Kelly and to be talking about the 2018 and 2019 versions of the Seattle Seahawks.Here are the topics we discuss followed by a link to the episode and a promotion this week for Patreon supporters.Topics and questionsFeelings on Seahawks twitter and the current state of the run-pass debateThoughts on the success of the 2018 Seahawks season. Are expectations too high in the post-back-to-back Super Bowls era?What he likes so much about Jacob MartinExpectations for Ziggy AnsahExtend Jarran Reed or not?Extension for Bobby WagnerWill Russell Wilson ever have a Tom Brady 2007 or Drew Brees-Saints type of season or portion of his career?Most likely to be number two in targets?The split between Chris Carson and Rashaad Penny. “I’m not there with you on Rashaad Penny” - Brian NemhauserPicking the position battle winnersSeaside Chats is a Patreon podcast available to supporters at the $2 a month and up level. This week and in coming weeks I am also giving away $25 promo codes to Fun.com where they just added a bunch of Seahawks merchandise to the store — much of which is under $25. Details on how to submit are in the episode, which is available to listeners at the $2/month level.Without further ado ...LISTEN NOW!And though Patreon is a weird place to listen to a podcast from Rasheem Green Color Rush Jersey , you can also use the RSS link to get Seaside Chats automatically subbed to your podcast app. Patreon supporters received this episode in their phones last night. If you run into any technical issues, please message me or leave a comment. The Seattle Seahawks returned to being an elite rushing offense in 2018, and Pete Carroll’s run-first approach that was prevalent from 2012-2014 made its return this season. Russell Wilson is a worlds better quarterback in 2018 than he was from 2012-2014, and now it’s universally recognized that he is elite at his position.So when Brian Schottenheimer and Pete Carroll refuse to deviate from an unsuccessful run-heavy gameplan as they did in Seattle’s 24-22 playoff loss against the Dallas Cowboys Will Dissly Color Rush Jersey , national observers take notice. Wilson’s contract is up after 2019, and The Ringer’s Robert Mays not-so-jokingly brought up the idea of the Seahawks moving on from Wilson because of the way the offense is structured.Wilson only had 27 pass attempts against the Cowboys, but had a higher EPA than Dak Prescott and was far more effective than the bogged down Seahawks rushing attack. And yet, Seattle didn’t have more passes than runs until the final drive of the game (and indeed the season). Six of Seattle’s 13 third-down situations saw them run the ball on the previous two downs. In other words Michael Dickson Color Rush Jersey , run-run-pass when run-run-pass wasn’t working.It’s not like the Seahawks are incapable of “unleashing Russ” when the run game is ineffective, and this is a topic that predates Schotty and includes more than a few Darrell Bevell era games. Focusing on this season, they beat the Carolina Panthers despite just 75 yards on the ground, but Schottenheimer adjusted and Wilson tore up Carolina’s secondary. But we’ve also seen them running the ball down two scores in four-minute offenses against the Los Angeles Chargers and Los Angeles Rams. More often than not Alex McGough Color Rush Jersey , “Peteball” wins out over cutting Wilson loose. Perhaps they fear a higher volume passing attack or passing more on early downs is too risky because an early-down sack can kill a drive in ways that consecutive runs tend not to, but you don’t need to be a mathematician to figure out that passing is way more valuable than running.I don’t think Seattle is going to part ways with Wilson. There’s also been no indication that Wilson is that frustrated with the system. He has been sensational and is one of the most greatest athletes in the city’s entire history. But high-profile games like the Cowboys loss will undoubtedly stir up discussion over whether it makes financial sense to tie up that much money to a quarterback on an offense that seemingly values running backs above all else.One thing I do know is that Carroll is not going to abandon what he believes in, for better or worse. It’s brought the team multiple top-10 offenses and a sustained stretch of success that we’ve not seen in any other era of Seahawks football. But is Pete’s philosophy still the best one for Russell Wilson’s prime years? I have my doubts.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor