So many things send NFL coaches into a tizzy.

in Events in der Region 05.12.2019 04:04
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

Most of them get addressed immediately.The one item they can’t get done quickly https://www.thesteelerslockerroom.com/authentic-juju-smith-schuster-jersey , and often not at all, is finding consistency.Rarely have the first six weeks of a season provided so many up-and-down performances, from weaklings to world beaters, from turnover machines to takeaway monsters.Consider that there are seven teams with 3-3 marks, and another one, Green Bay, at 2-2-1 heading into its Monday nighter against San Francisco. There also are eight other clubs within a half-game or full game of the break-even mark. Had the Panthers and Redskins, both 3-2, and Lions (2-3) not had byes, they might well be .500 clubs now.Those with a positive approach will call it competitive balance. We’ll stick with mediocrity.And, most maddeningly, inconsistency.“Yes, it always hurts more when you know you beat yourself, but that’s part of the game,” Carolina wide receiver Torrey Smith said after a 23-17 defeat at Washington in which the Panthers lost the turnover battle 3-0. “Sometimes you overcome it, sometimes you don’t. There’s no one particular person at fault. We know it’s us as a team.“Great teams play well all four quarters. Good teams do it sporadically. If we want to be great, we have to be consistent. We had our chances, but we got to be able to do it every Sunday.”What so many NFL teams do is dominate one week, deliver a dud the next. In Week 6, we had:—Chicago (3-2) Womens James Conner Jersey , so powerful in its previous game before a bye, blowing a big lead at Miami (4-2), which was coming off messing up a 17-0 edge at Cincinnati in Week 5.—Dallas (3-3), inept offensively in a prime-time failure at Houston, turning around and pummeling Jacksonville 40-7. The Jaguars seemed like a special group after a 3-1 start that included beating New England. They are now 3-3 with two poor showings in a row.—Tennessee (3-3), which has followed three successive victories with two awful displays of invisible offense, including falling at Cleveland (2-3-1), a team that was hammered Sunday by the Chargers. Indeed, the Titans, Jaguars and Texans, who lost their opening three before winning the next three games, are tied atop the AFC South. At .500.—Seattle (3-3), where Pete Carroll is doing one of the best coaching jobs of his career in keeping a retooling — say rebuilding in the Emerald City and you will be thrown into Puget Sound — club competitive. But still inconsistent, despite a 27-3 thrashing of the hapless Raiders.—Pittsburgh (3-2-1), which once again stole a win at Cincinnati, a regular occurrence over nearly the last two decades. The Steelers have so many issues on and off the field that keeping them from sinking the season is paramount now compared to finding any steadiness.Don’t expect much of this to change as we move deep into autumn and then into winter. While there are a few teams that are quite good and a bunch that are very bad, the truth about the NFL these days is that the majority of clubs are so-so.Some can’t find a consistent offense to balance a solid defense, including the three AFC South leaders.“I also know that we’re not going to be able to be where we want to be unless we figure this thing out on offense,” Houston coach Bill O’Brien admitted Sunday. “And figure out what we have to do to be able to run the ball, throw the ball consistently T. J. Watt Jersey , and at times we look like a good offense, not really today, but at times we have this season. We have to figure that out.”Others can move the ball, put up some points, but not regularly stop anybody. The Steelers and Vikings, two teams with a history of strong defense, won’t remind you of the Steel Curtain or the Purple People Eaters right now.Even some of the true contenders, such as Kansas City and New England, have great offenses and sieve-like Ds.Injuries always are a plague in the search for consistency. The schedule, especially when weather becomes an issue, can be, too.Still, the folks at the league offices won’t bemoan ordinariness when it means those teams will be carrying the playoff races down to the end of the schedule. And fans of those teams will be thrilled that, even at 9-7 or 8-8, their guys are in the thick of things, consistency be damned. Nothing becomes out of date more quickly than that which labored so hard to be up-to-date to begin with. Whether we are talking about architecture, car design, or clothes, the principle is still true. Yesterday’s home/car/clothes of tomorrow will always look like yesterday. Which is why I, for one Jerome Bettis Jersey White , have no objection to this year’s throwback jerseys. Some have grumbled that they are nothing more than our current jerseys with block numbers. To which I say “Dilly dilly.” What that tells me is that our current uniforms are not au courant. but timeless, classic, transcendent above the blowing winds of fashion. Just like the Steelers.Which team was among the last to move from a 4-3 defense to the 3-4? The Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team never adapted a wildcat offense? The Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team is among the few that still hasn’t gone back to the 4-3 defense? The Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team was among the last to adopt the shotgun formation? The Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team is among the very few that has no cheerleaders? The Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team is the only one to have its logo on only one side of its helmet? Which team has had three head coaches over the past more than fifty years? The Pittsburgh Steelers. Which team is the greatest team to ever play the game? The Pittsburgh Steelers.I am not trying to suggest that the Steelers wear gear from the Knute Rockne era, nor run plays from his playbook. Of course change happens, especially as the rules of the game change. But there is a great difference between a continent shifting over centuries and a violent earthquake every few years. Continuity, sticking with what works, not trying to be all things to all men, these are the things that make a franchise successful year in and year out, decade after decade. And they are reflected in our uniforms. Slow and steady wins the race.There are changes I give thanks for. And it is certainly possible to be allergic to change to a fault. We were, after all, for decades, the Same Old Steelers. I’m not averse to a little spice here and there. Though I liked them for a while, I’m glad for the end of the bumblebee throwbacks. Though I am not in a hurry to move on from this year’s throwbacks, I will enjoy it when the team revives the Batman uniforms. Overall, however, I’m glad the “new” Steelers that began with this year’s throwbacks, are now the Same Old Steelers- consistent winners, above the fray of fashion.

nach oben springen

Construction developers, however,

in Events in der Region 10.12.2019 07:10
von Beauvais • 5 Beiträge

Construction developers, however, will need to consider more than architectural touches to entice millennials into the market. While affordability remains the top criteria for millennial buyers in Toronto, this generation has unique needs and desires that are different from past groups CLIK HERE.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor