The second day of the 2019 NFL Draft was exactly

in Quasselecke 30.11.2019 03:27
von chenyan94 • 506 Beiträge

what we were all hoping for: more surprises Brandon Mebane Jersey , quicker picks, and HELLA trades.There were four trades alone in the first six picks of the night which..." />Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHorizontal - WhiteBolts From The BlueBolts From The Blue, a Los Angeles Chargers communityLog In or Sign UpLog InSign UpFanpostsFanshotsSectionsChargersOddsAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 322 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections San Diego Chargers Daily LinksSan Diego Chargers NewsSan Diego Chargers OffseasonSan Diego Chargers HistorySan Diego Chargers HumorFiled under:Latest NewsLos Angeles Chargers NewsBFTB EditorialsWinners and Losers of Day 2New,1commentPDTShareTweetShareShareWinners and Losers of Day 2Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty ImagesThe second day of the 2019 NFL Draft was exactly what we were all hoping for: more surprises, quicker picks, and HELLA trades.There were four trades alone in the first six picks of the night which really set the tone for a exciting evening.The Chargers followed up their selection of defensive tackle Jerry Tillery with Nasir Adderley, a free safety from the University of Delaware at pick 60. Adderley was widely considered the top free safety in the entire draft and the fact that the Chargers were able to snag another first round talent all the way at the end of the second round was incredible.Two-for-two is always how you want to start the draft because it then allows your team to snag the best player available instead of continuing to reach on need.With pick #91 in the third round, the Bolts selected Trey Pipkins, an athletic, prototypical-NFL left tackle from Division II Sioux Falls in South Dakota.WinnersKansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs are an easy selection to the “winners” section because they were able to snag what should be three starting players on day two.Juan Thornhill was a favorite of mine and if the Chargers missed on Adderley, he was my guy for them to take. With elite-elite athleticism and production, Thornhill is likely going to pair nicely with Tyrann Mathieu in the back-end of that secondary. Khalen Saunders is going to be a nightmare in the middle of that defense playing next to another athletic DT in Chris Jones. It’s this pick that I believe will cause the Chargers to go for an interior offensive linemen here on day three.There other pick wasn’t a pick surprise following the recent news dump of Tyreek Hill as the Chiefs selected wideout Mecole Hardman from Georgia. Hardman possesses true 4.3-speed and will likely fall right into that role as things aren’t looking good at all for Hill’s future with the team, or the NFL for that matter.New England Patriots: The defending Super Bowl Champions were able to sit back and let some stud players fall to them at each of their three picks on day two. Their first of the night was Chase Winovich, a twitchy, high-motor player from Michigan who will slot right into the void left by Trey Flowers. Running back Damien Harris was their second pick of the evening and now gives the Patriots two running backs capable of carrying the load, should they ever choose to commit to just one guy in a lead role.They ended the third round by selecting offensive tackle Yodney Cajuste out of West Virginia. This is one of the better steals from yesterday (should medicals check out) as Cajuste was widely considered a late day one/early day two selection before injuring himself during a workout. He has a meanstreak that’s refreshing to watch and some nice footwork, to boot.Oh yeah http://www.thechargerslockerroom.com/authentic-michael-schofield-jersey , the Patriots also nabbed Joejuan Williams from Vanderbilt with pick 45. The 6-foot-4 cornerback will likely start opposite Stephon Gilmore and give the Patriots a lengthy defender to help disrupt opposing passing games.The Patriots definitely got better last night.Arizona Cardinals: The Cardinals went hard and fast out of the gate by selecting Washington cornerback the University of Hawaii in the second round. Tavai was widely regarded as an early day three pick with some upside. He was extremely productive in college (391 tackles) but most found him lacking in fundamentals that could keep him from starting in his first year or two in the NFL. While I do believe Tavai will eventually be a good LB at the next level, the pick is low in value as he would have likely been there in the third or fourth.Their second pick of the night was Boston College safety Will Harris. While I’ve heard good things about Harris, better players were still on the board at that position with Chauncey Gardner-Johnson and Deionte Thompson. Also, the Lions need help at defensive end opposite newly-signed Trey Flowers and Iowa’s Anthony Nelson was still on the board. With end being the premium position that it is, I believe they went the wrong direction with this one.Houston Texans: Man, I just don’t understand why the Texans seem to hate their quarterback. Deshaun Watson was sacked 62 times last year, most in the NFL, and they went out and reach on not one, but two offensive tackles that no one was rushing to draft where they did.First, Tytus Howard went at least a round too early and then they selected Max Scharping out of Northern Illinois in the third who I had as a late day three pick. I watched him closely at the Senior Bowl in January and came away thinking there was no way he could play tackle at the next level. He seemed to have bricks tied to his cleats and gave up ground in the pocket almost instantaneously. No thank you.In the second round, they grabbed cornerback Lonnie Johnson out of Kentucky. Johnson has been a late-riser in the draft process who really started to gain some steam prior to this weekend. He’s a former track star who possesses excellent height and length at 6-foot-3. With their last pick of the day, they selected Kahale Warring, a tight end out of San Diego State. He’s only played football since his senior year of high-school but he was good enough to warrant a chance at walking on before going on to lead the team in receiving yards his final two seasons. He’s also uber-athletic for his size. Coincidentally, as I’m typing this article right now, I just received a notification that Texan’s tight end Ryan Griffin was just arrested in Nashville for vandalism and public intoxication.So, yeah, the pick of Warring looks even better.However Womens Corey Liuget Jersey , I just can’t get past their picks at offensive tackle and those two alone keep the Texans right here in the “losers” section. What is the biggest deal you would be willing to sign Melvin Gordon to right now?Michael Peterson: Although it might be costly, I’d be willing to go up to $11 million/yr if they were able to..." Chargers Roundtable DiscussionsHow much should we be comfortable with the Chargers offering to Melvin Gordon?New,23commentsPDTWhat is the biggest deal you would be willing to sign Melvin Gordon to right now?Michael Peterson: Although it might be costly, I’d be willing to go up to $11 million/yr if they were able to structure it to benefit the pending signings in 2020 and 2021. At the minimum, I would give him enough so he’s not making less than LeSean McCoy, Devonta Freeman, and Saquon Barkley. He deserves to be paid more than those guys. There’s a big jump between Freeman’s 8.25 mil and David Johnson $13 mil/yr so I’d be okay with somewhere between that. Probably 4 years/ $45 million.Matthew Stanley: I think the most I’d be okay with is a 4 year 36M deal, with an out after the 3rd year. Even that feels a tad rich for me but he has “earned it.” What I mean is that he’s a fantastic running back, and it’s not his fault, but the RB position in today’s NFL isn’t worth the premier contract money.Jamie Sewell: I’d be happy with 3 years, 28m. That’s never going to be a realistic deal so let him go. The Chargers have bigger needs to fill.Richard Wade: I’d be willing to go another year at about the same rate as Jamie’s suggestion. I think 4 years and $36 million is fair and the highest number I would be happy to see him get in Los Angeles.Garrett Sisti: I don’t think Melvin Gordon would take anything less than a 4 year deal and once the yearly breakdown becomes double digits I’m out. The highest I’m willing to go is 4 years/$36M with $10M guaranteed. That contract would have to be backloaded and have a ripcord after his 2nd season.Jason Michaels: 4 years at 9 mil avg. 24mil guaranteed. Year one is 5.6, same as contracted. Year two is 15, three and four are 10 and 8. Very fair and the highest I’d go.Lou Gorini: I’m a realist and don’t think they can get him for a deal similar to Devonta Freeman (I believe that’s 9/ mill a year). To be fair I’d say 4 years $40 million (with escalators to get to $44 million) $25 million guaranteed (same as Bell)Nate Lewkowitz: I stand by my comment on one of the Gordon posts the last few days where I said my final offer would be 4 years 45 million. I’ll say 24 of that is the very most they should guarantee.Jamie Hoyle: My offer would top out at 4 years, $40M with $28M in total guarantees. I’d give him a $10M signing bonus, guarantee his 2020 and 2021 base salaries ($5M) on the third league day of the 2019 league year, and split the remaining $8M into roster bonuses in 2020 and 2021, with the 2020 roster bonus becoming fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2019 league year Dan Feeney Jersey , and the 2021 roster bonus becoming fully guaranteed on the third day of the 2020 league year. The remaining $12M would be spread out as base salary over the last two years of the deal. The catch would be that he play out his fifth year option as-is so the team can maintain some flexibility. This would allow him to make $12M guaranteed in 2020 and 2021 ($5M base + $3M pro rated signing bonus +$4M roster bonus), but it would give the team an out after years two and three, with them being able to eat $3M in pro rated bonuses in order to save $6M in base salary.Mike Murray: On the pro Gordon side is the fact that the Chargers are better with him on the field and the fact that they legitimately have a shot at the Super Bowl this year. Whats going against Gordon, is the Chargers are deep at running back and while they are better with Gordon, they are not horrible without him. But what really bothers me as the GM, is that I have other guys to sign in the upcoming years - guys like Bosa. I am much more willing to throw big dollars at Bosa than I am at Gordon, mainly for the fact that Bosa is not easily replaceable. I think that lands me in that 4 year $40 million range, but that makes me a bit uncomfortable, but what I am willing to do it to keep continuity going because the title game is looming.Daniel Stebbins: I’d be agreeable if the team went as high as a four year $44 million extension. As always, I’m sure the team would structure it well so they have an out after year two and an extremely easy out after year three which makes this more digestible (even if it is a lot for a RB). Although I liked what we saw from Justin Jackson and Detrez Newsome, I’m not confident in saying that the team can rely on them to be major contributors should they go forward without Gordon in 2019. It’s in that detail where I get hung up about them letting him sit or trading him away. When they let Tyrell Williams walk, a talent they grew in-house and normally the type of player you want to keep around, it made sense due to the known depth of the position and potential in other players developing. Here, with the RB’s, it’s more of the latter which is harder to bet on especially when the team has been demonstrative in their belief in having a strong running game. Gordon deserves to be paid as one of the better backs in this league and I believe he will be here in Los Angeles at the end of the day.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor