ounding Clowney this offseason, but until we know who

in Events im JuZ Idstein 25.11.2019 04:02
von elaine95 • 481 Beiträge

HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Texans have released veteran wide receiver Demaryius Thomas Andre Hal Jersey , whose 2018 season ended prematurely when he tore his left Achilles tendon.Thomas played seven games for Houston last season, making 23 receptions for 275 yards and two touchdowns. He was acquired in October from Denver for a fourth-round draft pick to fill in after Will Fuller tore a knee ligament. The Texans and Broncos also switched seventh-round selections for this year’s draft.Thomas talked about his future the day after Houston’s season ended with a loss to the Colts in the wild-card game last month and said he hopes to play again after he recovers from his injury.“I still can play, man,” he said. “I’m not even thinking about retirement.”Thomas knows that the rehabilitation from this injury is difficult after he tore his right Achilles tendon several years ago.“I tore my right one so I’ve been through this before Greg Mancz Jersey ,” he said. “My right one was six months, but I was 23 then, so we’ll see this time.”The injury occurred in Houston’s next-to-last game. He would have made $14 million in the upcoming season, the last of his contract signed with the Broncos.For his nine pro seasons Jon Weeks Jersey , Thomas has 688 catches for 9,330 yards with 62 touchdowns. He has made four Pro Bowls and won the 2015 NFL title with the Broncos. The 31-year-old was a first-round pick by the Broncos in 2010 and spent his entire career there before last year’s trade. He’s the second-leading receiver in Broncos history with 9,055 yards and 60 touchdown receptions. Texans pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney is still unsigned and not participating in this week’s minicamp. We still don’t know who will make the decision about whether to give Clowney the contract he wants.That’s because the Texans fired General Manager Brian Gaine and have not yet hired his replacement. Until a new G.M. is hired, Clowney’s status is on hold.The new G.M. won’t have a lot of time to negotiate with Clowney’s camp Alfred Blue Jersey , given that the NFL rule says that if a franchise player doesn’t have a long-term deal by July 15, he can only play the season on a one-year contract.Clowney could end up signing the one-year, $15.967 million franchise tender, he could get a long-term deal Ryan Griffin Jersey , or he could still get traded. There hasn’t been any trade talk surrounding Clowney this offseason, but until we know who the next G.M. is, it’s impossible to say whether the Texans would initiate such talk.Texans CEO Cal McNair may get involved in the Clowney situation as well. Owners usually say they leave those decisions to the personnel people, but it’s inevitable that Clowney’s contract would come up during a G.M. interview Kahale Warring Houston Texans Jersey , and the candidate McNair hires is likely to be a candidate who gives McNair a satisfactory answer to that question.Getting a long-term deal done with Clowney may not be easy. He’s a good player, but it’s easy to see him thinking he should get something in the same neighborhood as his fellow 2014 draftees Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald — and it’s also easy to see a G.M. thinking Clowney isn’t worth that much. The next G.M. will have until July 15 to decide how much he’d be willing to invest in a long-term deal to keep Clowney in Houston.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor