The Patriots signed veteran tackle Jared

in Events in der Region 30.10.2019 07:35
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

Veldheer as a free agent in May Austin Seibert Jersey , but his stay with the team turned out to be a very brief one.Veldheer retired a little more than a week after signing with the Patriots and he explained the reason why he decided to walk away during an interview this week. Veldheer said he’d thought about retirement at earlier points in the offseason because of the toll injuries, including a hip issue, have taken, but decided to give playing a shot after going through treatment early in the offseason.Veldheer was feeling well at that point, but said it didn’t take long before he realized that his body wasn’t up to the task.“When March rolled around I thought I could give it a go Trysten Hill Jersey , but once I went out there to do actual football stuff, the hip felt exactly how it did at the end of the season,” Veldheer said, via Peter J. Wallner of MLive.com. “There was just no way I was going to put my body through that. I couldn’t conceive even trying to make my body do that.”Veldheer was set to join Marcus Cannon and 2018 first-round pick Isaiah Wynn at tackle in New England. 2019 third-round pick Yodny Cajuste and Cole Croston are now behind the two of them on the Patriots depth chart. Once he was released by Jacksonville, running back Chris Ivory wasted little time moving on to Plan B: The chance to serve as LeSean McCoy’s primary backup in Buffalo.

”I always felt I had something to prove and things didn’t go as planned Connor McGovern Jersey , man,” Ivory said, referring to the Jaguars during a telephone conference call shortly after agreeing to a two-year contract with the Bills on Tuesday. ”All I can do now is continue to stay dedicated to my craft and continue to build.”

As for his new role behind McCoy, the Bills’ workhorse, Ivory said: ”It’s whatever coach asks me to do.”

Ivory’s new deal guarantees him $3.25 million in pay Foster Moreau Jersey , and was reached less than two weeks after he was cut . Ivory finished with just 382 yards rushing and a touchdown and was inactive for four of the Jaguars’ final five games. He lasted just two seasons with Jacksonville after signing a five-year, $32 million contract as the Jaguars drafted Leonard Fournette last April and made him the starter.

The 29-year-old returns to the AFC East, where he topped 800 yards rushing in each of his three seasons with the New York Jets from 2013-15. His best season came in 2015, when Ivory had 1,070 yards rushing and scored seven touchdowns in 15 games.

Ivory is known for being a physical runner and provides the Bills a complement to McCoy’s elusive style.

Overall Anthony Nelson Jersey , he has 4,852 yards rushing and 28 touchdowns in a career that began with a three-year stint with the New Orleans Saints.

Getting Ivory allowed the Bills to address a need at the position a little over a week before the start of the NFL’s free agency signing period. Buffalo has three running backs eligible to become free agents, including fullback Mike Tolbert.

Ivory said he visited Buffalo and Cleveland since being cut by the Jaguars, and had phone conversations with other teams without revealing which ones.

”It just felt good when I got here, just felt the right place for me Jeffery Simmons Jersey ,” Ivory said.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor