The Detroit Tigers will aim for a three-game sweep when they square

in Events in der Region 30.10.2019 02:52
von zhangzk • 189 Beiträge

Chicago White Sox on Sunday at Guaranteed Rate Field.

Detroit (35-37) has equaled a season high with a four-game winning streak and will look to climb within one game of .500 for the first time since April 25. The Tigers have outscored opponents 19-11 during their streak.

Meanwhile http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/dexter-lawrence-jersey , Chicago (24-45) has dropped three in a row but remains at .500 in June.

The head-to-head matchup between the American League Central rivals has been wildly lopsided this season. Detroit has won seven of eight games against Chicago, including five straight meetings in the White Sox’s park.

Tigers left-hander Blaine Hardy (2-1, 3.55 ERA) will try to keep the winning streak alive. The 31-year-old has walked nine and struck out 27 in 38 innings this season. This will be his 11th game and seventh start.

In 19 games (one start) against the White Sox, Hardy is 2-0 with a 3.91 ERA. He is coming off a quality start against the Minnesota Twins in which he allowed two runs and three hits in six innings.

Hardy credited his cutter-slider hybrid pitch for much of his recent success.

“I always go off feel,” Hardy told the Detroit News. “I don’t want to say that pitch kept them off balance, but every time I threw it, even if they were looking for it, it wasn’t a good swing. I don’t have a power fastball, so I might as well use my cutter as my fastball.”

White Sox right-hander James Shields (2-7, 4.63) once possessed a power fastball, but at age 36 he has transformed into a more strategic pitcher. He has enjoyed more success — if not more victories — this season as his WHIP has dropped from 1.44 to 1.23 from 2017 to 2018.

Shields is 9-9 with a 4.44 ERA in 27 career starts against the Tigers. A victory on Sunday would give the veteran double-digit wins against four teams. He has 12 wins against the New York Yankees and Toronto Blue Jays to go along with 11 wins against the Baltimore Orioles.

One hitter Shields will have to be careful around is Nicholas Castellanos, who slugged two home runs for the Tigers in Saturday’s 7-5 win. Castellanos drove in five runs and is hitting .310 with eight homers and 39 RBIs this season.

The White Sox are led at the plate by Jose Abreu, who is hitting .284 with 11 homers and 41 RBIs. He is a strong candidate to land his second All-Star Game appearance this summer.

Chicago shortstop Tim Anderson said he and his teammates were not discouraged despite their record.

“The confidence is always going to be high, the mood is always going to be great whether we win, lose or draw http://www.oaklandraidersteamonline.com/josh-jacobs-jersey ,” Anderson said. “We try not to get down on ourselves, but we try to stay within ourselves and not do too much. We approach the game every day in the same way.”

The White Sox are 12-23 at home this season. The Tigers are 12-20 on the road.

BALTIMORE (AP) — Lamar Jackson’s passer rating was bottoming out at 0.0, he’d endured a first half with a combined total of fumbles and interceptions (three) that was higher than his number of completions (two), and his playoff debut was shaping up as, in a word, a disaster.So as Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh stuck with his rookie quarterback, and the team’s deficit in an AFC wild-card game against the Los Angeles Chargers grew and grew Sunday, fans near the home team’s sideline called for Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco to get a chance.That drew the ire of Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith, who let the spectators know he thought they were making a mistake during what would become Baltimore’s 23-17 loss to LA.“I’m standing there, and they were just like chanting Flacco’s name. I love ‘Flac,’ but (Jackson) got us here. So for the fact that you’re a fair-weather fan that quickly when things go rough — you turn your back on him? — that just got under my skin a little bit,” Smith said. “So I just went to them and told them, like, ‘Yo, you either ride or die or you get … out of here.'”A day before his 22nd birthday Ben Banogu Jersey , Jackson became the youngest quarterback to start a postseason game, and aside from getting in gear late, he sure looked like someone not quite ready for the big stage. The Heisman Trophy winner from Louisville went 14 for 29 for 194 yards, two fourth-quarter TDs to make the score respectable, one pick, one lost fumble and two more fumbles recovered by Baltimore. He was sacked seven times.Asked about the fans’ jeering, Jackson said: “No hard feelings. They’re looking for better.”Harbaugh said he considered making a switch to Flacco — “It was part of the conversation. Certainly thought about it. Certainly talked about it,” the coach explained — but thought the fact that Jackson produced a pair of scores late proved that keeping him in the game was the right call.“Lamar’s our quarterback going forward. There’s no question about that,” Harbaugh said, adding that he expects to return next season, too.While the Chargers (13-4) advanced to play the New England Patriots next Sunday, the AFC North champion Ravens (10-7) had their first trip to the playoffs since 2014 end quickly.Jackson led them there since replacing Flacco by going 6-1, thanks to a strong running game and the league’s No. 2 scoring defense. The sprint to a division title included a 22-10 victory at the Chargers two weeks ago. Rather than a harbinger, that game seemingly provided a scouting report for LA, the first club to face Jackson twice.In that regular-season win against the Chargers Parris Campbell Jersey , Jackson threw for a career-high 204 yards and put up a 101.3 rating that was his best in an NFL start.It was clear from the outset Sunday this was not going to go as well. The Ravens fumbled on three of their first eight plays, two by Jackson and one by Kenneth Dixon. At halftime, Jackson was 2 for 8 for 17 yards passing. The Ravens had 69 total yards and a paltry three first downs.Baltimore finally scored in the third quarter via Justin Tucker’s 33-yard field goal after a 6-yard “drive” — that’s how far Jackson took the Ravens after C.J. Mosley’s fumble return. There were boos from the crowd of 70,432 after Jackson was stuffed for no gain on third down.That kick cut Baltimore’s deficit to 12-3. After a partial block resulted in an 11-yard punt that gave the Ravens the ball at the LA 40, another get-nowhere possession led to a field-goal attempt by Tucker, this one from 50 yards — and the most accurate kicker in NFL history produced his first postseason miss in 10 tries.The next Ravens drive featured a pair of sacks — and more boos. Flacco remained on the sideline, standing, his helmet on. After the Ravens trailed 23-3, Jackson tossed TD passes to Michael Crabtree from 31 yards with 6½ minutes remaining, and from 7 yards just before the two-minute warning.“I wasn’t playing my game today,” Jackson said. “Only toward the end.”With one last possession in the closing minute, Jackson lost yet another fumble, sealing the outcome.“He fought to the end. Gave us a chance at the end,” Smith said about his teammate. “Came up short. But you see the heart he has.”

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 19455 Themen und 77011 Beiträge.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor | Forum, Fotos, Chat und mehr mit Xobor